Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] please pray, i need a job

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

evan924

I have been jobless for almost a month but I have turned in more applications than i care to count. i know we are to be patient, and pray for me to have the patince i need. and i would also like to say my girlfriend needs prayers to for a job also. :pray

Dear Evan, I did just pray for you, your girlfriend and the many others hurt by this difficult time our country is experiencing. Where I work I receive several calls a week where young men are looking for jobs. :verysad

There is another young man on this forum that is searching for a job. As difficult as it is...have faith, as I do, that He will place both of you exactly where you need to be. I pray that is soon, very soon!

thank you for your prayers but now i have another problem, lol, theres always something right...... my truck decided to go pfffttt on me, it died, please pray for me on that also, i really need my truck cause its my only way of getting around and getting to church, thank you for your time :pray

thank you all for your prayers, i have a job interveiw on tue. the 22nd so i mite get the job, your prayers have help so much, again thank you

evan924 said:
thank you all for your prayers, i have a job interveiw on tue. the 22nd so i mite get the job, your prayers have help so much, again thank you

I have a note to pray especially for you TUESDAY MORNING! :pray

evan924 said:
thank you whirlwind, i need all the help i can get :biggrin

Here it is....9/21...tomorrow is the big day. I'm :pray that this will be the job God wants for you. :yes Go in for the interview knowing our prayers are with you. :amen

Here it is....9/21...tomorrow is the big day. I'm :pray that this will be the job God wants for you. :yes Go in for the interview knowing our prayers are with you. :amen[/quote]

thank you and i will go in knowing there are people praying for me :biggrin

Now, I'm not religous, edited for making a joke out of prayer
You should put your resume up on the forum! We can all look it over, edit it! Maybe someone here is hiring!

AsktheA~

I have openly edited your joke about praying above. Christians know that prayer is our most powerful and comforting way of resolving any difficulty ~ we trust the Father of heaven and earth to hear us~ and to provide all our needs~ through His riches in Christ Jesus. :yes Since you do not share this faith, refrain from saying so in future in this forum.

Also, the staff of this Christian Forums site do not suggest that members put their personal information up on the board for others to see. This is usually not a wise action on the internet, and we ask that you refrain from suggesting it in future to any member. Thank you.

sheshisown (forum moderator)

Hi Evan~

We know from God's word that it is our Heavenly Father' will for all people to work~ and that He desires us to trust Him to provide for us too! Sometimes, the Lord causes us to wait in patience for Him to perform whatever He wills in our lives. We remember that this life is only the per-curser to the blessed eternal life to come, and we are learning to place all our trust in God to work out everything according to the plan He has for us individually.

You request a great thing, more patience. James 3:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Patience is the ancient Greek word hupomone. This word does not describe a passive waiting, but an active endurance. It isn’t so much the quality that helps you sit quietly in the doctor’s waiting room as it is the quality that helps you finish a marathon.

Faith is tested through trials, not produced by trials. Trials reveal what faith we do have, not because God doesn’t know how much faith we have, but to make our faith evident to ourselves and those around us. We do not know the lives that may be affected to trust in God~ through our trials...

Trials don’t produce faith, but when trials are received with faith, it produces patience in us. But patience is not inevitably produced in times of trial. If difficulties are received in unbelief and grumbling, trials can produce bitterness and discouragement. :o This is why James exhorts us to count it all joy. Counting it all joy is the response of our faith to a time of trial. :yes

Last, but in no way least, The work of patient endurance comes slowly... and this work must be allowed to have full bloom inside us. Why? Because, patient endurance is a mark of the person who is perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Now, may our God of all hope~ comfort and strengthen you~ and give you perfect peace as you cast your every care upon Him. May He grant you a beautiful witness of faith in Christ. And may He create a complete work of enduring faith in you~ for His glorious name! We trust You~ our Father in heaven, to provide every need of Evan and his loved ones, according to your riches in Christ Jesus. Father~ also extend Your wisdom to Evan during this season of patience. :amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back