Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Poll: Have you ever cursed God?

Have you ever cursed God?

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This thread gave me an idea for a similar type thread. Is there a time in your life (when you werent walking in Christ) that you stopped yourself from doing something wrong and would have been displeasing to the Lord? I have.

I think I was about 18 or 19 and me and one brother of mine and a few friends did a cockamaney road trip to Texas to see my cousins who lived down there. Our money ran out fast and we found ourselves looking for a way to make some quick cash. We went door to door collecting for the Jerry Lewis telethon thing. It wasn't working out and we found ourselves going to a church to see if we could get some help. When we all walked in, no one was there. We walked all through that church and it was empty. We were by the stage in back and there were all of the church instruments and sound equipment sitting there. And someone said hey lets just load up this stuff in the van...talking about the instruments!
There was a couple spoken in agreement with the suggetion to steal from the church but it just hit me very wrong and I stood up and said firmly, we are NOT going to steal from what is the Lord's! No, I refuse to do that! It scared me to even be there discussing it. I stuck adamantly to not doing it and after a few minutes they agreed also.

I forget what happened, but everything turned out all right for us. We did not need to steal. And we didn't. But now, as I look back on that day...I was young, not walking in Christ and somehow by the grace of God made the right decision. I feel so lucky I stopped it!

And you?

I forget what happened, but everything turned out all right for us. We did not need to steal. And we didn't. But now, as I look back on that day...I was young, not walking in Christ and somehow by the grace of God made the right decision. I feel so lucky I stopped it!

And you?

I'm trying to think of a time where I stopped a situation that would have been displeasing to God. ? Edward, I'm getting upset cause I can't think of any. I've never been a person to cave into peer pressure, but I don't think I was going to get into trouble and just stopped myself. I either didn't get into trouble, or I just did it.

I'm trying to think of a time where I stopped a situation that would have been displeasing to God. ? Edward, I'm getting upset cause I can't think of any. I've never been a person to cave into peer pressure, but I don't think I was going to get into trouble and just stopped myself. I either didn't get into trouble, or I just did it.

I know just what you mean. And that is what makes that so extraordinary, what I happened to do that time. I just did it so many times where I did the wrong thing that, the time I made the right decision was very strange to me.

I had already been saved & Baptized but was in a backslidden state. I think it had to be the Spirit of God talking to me through my conscience, and I didn't even realize that until many years later.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back