Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Portrait of a Godly Husband

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
V

vinc

PORTRAIT OF A GODLY HUSBAND

A godly husband loves his wife sacrificially. He seeks diligently to understand his wife. He lovingly teaches her the truth of God’s word both overtly and through his conduct. He is concerned about the spiritual well being of his wife and prays for her and with her on a regular basis. He does not rule over his wife or family but is instead there to serve not be served. Even as he leads, he is the biggest servant in the family. He follows through on his commitments to his wife and children. He finds joy in serving his wife and family. He takes seriously his responsibility to lead and shepherd his family knowing that it is to the Lord he must give an account. He listens attentively to his wife so as to grow in his knowledge of her. He realizes his wife is not "one of the boys" and treats her with gentleness at all times. He places the interest of his wife above his own.

He is self-controlled, not easily angered, kind, and humble. He is not ruled by alcohol or other forms of intoxication. He does not indulge ungodly passions but instead buffets and disciplines his body to bring it under the authority of God and His word. He is ruled by Christ and places himself completely under His authority. He is not wise in his own eyes but relies on the wisdom of God as revealed in His word. He does not lean on his own understanding. His decisions and actions flow from his study and meditation on God’s word rather than from his own desires.

He takes great pleasure in his wife’s body and makes love to her joyfully, frequently and unselfishly and is faithful to her. He recognizes that his body is not his own but also belongs to his wife.

He uses his speech to edify and build up his wife and children. He guards his tongue, using it for blessing rather than cursing. He joyfully and abundantly provides for the financial needs of his family. He praises his wife to her and others and treats her as a precious treasure. His life reflects the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5. He is a God pleaser not a man pleaser.

* Check it out in Scripture! Ephesians 5, 1 Corinthians 13, Proverbs 31, Colossians 3, 1 Peter 3, 1 Timothy 3, 5 and others!

2001, Daren Martin, PhD
Christian Counseling Associates
972-881-8383

May be copied if copied in its entirety!

:) The Godly husband leads his wife in love,amen.
I agree with you vinc.

It is my prayer that I may be a husband of this calibar to a wife if the Lord so chooses to bless me with one.

The rule of a husband is simply said in Eph 5:25

EPH 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;[KJV]

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
It is my prayer that I may be a husband of this calibar to a wife if the Lord so chooses to bless me with one.

The rule of a husband is simply said in Eph 5:25

EPH 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;[KJV]

:biggrin With this great outlook and humbleness to The Lord and fellow
man,You shall not be single for very long,amen.
This is what good women really,really want!

Back