Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

post some christian music`?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Sorry, I thought I posted this yesterday, but maybe I forgot to hit 'post reply'. Anyway, I've grown very fond of this woman's messages through song about Jesus.

God bless,
Ted

I really enjoy seeing the joy in the singers, but really appreciate the courage to do this in the middle of the day as a show of praise to our God. Every praise is to our God. Every praise!

OH, and I apologize for the ads.

Literally just came across these guys:

Lyrics:

[Verse 1]
Lead me onward (Onward)
Lead me onward (Onward)
I will trust in You
I will trust in You
Lead me onward (Onward)
Lead me onward (Onward)
I will trust in You
I will trust in You

[Versre 2]
Lead us onward (Onward)
Lead us onward (Onward)
Through the valleys
Through the deserts
To quiet waters (Waters)
Lead us onward (Onward)
Lead us onward (Onward)
Through the valleys
Through the deserts
To quiet waters (Waters)

[Chorus]
Fall down on your knees
Before the lamb
No other is worthy
All good comes from His mighty hand
Fall down on your knees
Before the lamb
No other is worthy
All good comes from His mighty hand

[Lyrics: / / [Verse 1] / Lead me onward (Onward) / Lead me onward (Onward) / I will trust in you / I will trust in you / Lead me onward (Onward) / Lead me onward (Onward) / I will trust in you / I will trust in you / / [Versre 2] / Lead us onward (Onward) / Lead us onward (Onward) / Through the valleys / Through the deserts / To quiet waters (Waters) / Lead us onward (Onward) / Lead us onward (Onward) / Through the valleys / Through the deserts / To quiet waters (Waters) / / [Chorus] / Fall down on your knees / Before the lamb / No other is worthy / All good comes from his mighty hand / Fall down on your knees / Before the lamb / No other is worthy / All good comes from his mighty hand] /

Though it’s got some good ideas, such as a variegated journey (seasons of the soul) we need to be led on, they are in a rather fuzzy setting. It wouldn’t make my Top 40 for various reasons.

[I will trust in you] is a bit of a boast, and I tend to ask myself, Will I really trust in him—whoever he is? Personally I prefer the subjunctive: I would trust in him; I hope to; I wish to. But will I? Even Peter denied his lord.

Perhaps the next Q is, Who is he? It’s a bit of a yuyu song, but carries the idea that it’s about Jesus (the lamb). Arguably though it’s the spirit who leads us, since co-sent in Christ’s name, indirectly Jesus leads us, leads to towards his father. But arguably we should not ask the lord or the spirit for anything (Jhn.16:23). “Lead Me Gently Home” (Johnny Cash), is better on this.

That first bit is request-prayer. From singing to, I guess the lord, by [Fall down on your knees] we switch to singing to each other. What, in the middle of prayer do we turn from the lord to chatter to each other? When we switch like this do we really understand prayer? I heard one longterm Christian suddenly realise that a prayer-song actually sounded like it could be a prayer—many of us go through the motions of singing prayer-songs without praying, without visualising to whom our words are formally towards. IMO songs should be all towards deity, or all towards ourselves.

[Before the lamb / No other is worthy]. This at least is clear: the father is not worthy—worthy of what is not said—nor is the spirit. In fact, since Jesus the lamb is merely the carnate mode of God’s noncarnate son, the noncarnate son is not worthy (of whatever), for [no other is worthy]. The songwriter simply didn’t think it through. It’s not exactly a trinitarian song, is it, perhaps tending rather to Sabellianism? Sabellianism would hold that none other is worthy because apropos deity, there is no other: ie the lord is the same person as the father and the spirit—one person; three masks.

https://archive.org/details/singings-gone-global-exploring-christian-songs is an interesting free-access book on Christian lyricology which I’ve read a few times. It covers these ideas.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back