Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Potential athiest arguements with the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

KV-44-v1

There is something I wonder about. How to answer these?

"The Bible says that God is not mocked, but athiests like us mock God every day!!11 Bible false!11!"
"The Bible says that there is no male nor female in Galatians 3:28, but they both can be demonstrated to exist!!"
"The Bible says that all have sinned. ALL!! ALL!! Romans 3:23. Have babies sinned?? Have fetuses in the womb at 2 days old sinned? What was their sin?? Do the unborn know how to repent? Well they are doomed to hell if they die if that verse is correct!!"

Please rebut the potential athiest arguments used above ^.
Anything lifting itself above or at God's Knowledge is set to fail.

Psalm 14:1

"The Bible says that God is not mocked, but athiests like us mock God every day!!11 Bible false!11!"
"The Bible says that there is no male nor female in Galatians 3:28, but they both can be demonstrated to exist!!"
"The Bible says that all have sinned. ALL!! ALL!! Romans 3:23. Have babies sinned?? Have fetuses in the womb at 2 days old sinned? What was their sin?? Do the unborn know how to repent? Well they are doomed to hell if they die if that verse is correct!!"

Sunday School level arguments and rather vapid.

1# “ There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (NIV: Gal.3:28). Context is clear, [in Christ Jesus] qualifies Paul’s meaning. Spiritually, in Christ (even if not in the church) there is no racism, classism, nor sexism. Paul was no solipsist.

2# “This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus” (NIV: Rm.3:22-4). Again, if folk but know how to read, the wider context will be clear enough: Paul spoke about the adultlike (22), not about the preborn. We often assume similar things when we speak: “visiting the Smiths we all played Monopoly”, literally ignores that the Smiths’ baby did not play, but what twit would add that baby did not play? And note that v23 is sandwiched by verses which speak of adultlike response: “all are justified” (24) presumes the adultlike belief/response of v22.

Admittedly, some Christians have theorised v23 to have an “all in Adam” meaning in the sense that, as we might say, his genome sinned, and having sinned it’s as if all humans conceived in his genomic line sinned at that historical point: ie, that we all sinned preconception. I don’t think that that theory is required.

Atheism can offer better than silly pedanticism, as Anthony Flew showed.

PS: it’s [atheist], not [athiest].

PPS: Ps.14:1 was in its culture not about philosophical atheism (a denial that the concept, God, is valid) but about practical atheism (a denial that God mattered): interestingly Nietzsche was unhappy believing that the concept was invalid, believing that it had mattered. The fools of Ps.14 were wicked, disregarding ethics (which is predicated on theism). “Within the congregation they could mimic the sounds of faith, but their true self showed disregard for God, his commandments, and his people” (Willem A VanGemeren, Psalms (EBC), 2008:175).

Hi KV-44-v1

1. Where does it say that God will not be mocked? The only thing I find is in Galatians where it says that 'God is not mocked, a man reaps what he sows'. That doesn't say that God will not be mocked. It is speaking of a specific turn out of events in a man's life, based on how he lives. In that regard, God is not mocked. A man will reap what he sows.

2. Anyone who thinks that God's word saying that as regards the kingdom of God and His children there is no male or female, Jew or Gentile, slave or free, to mean that there are not male and female sexes likely is just looking for some way to pull your chain.

3. Yes, all have sinned. Including the little baby fresh out of the womb. I'm not one that's on board with this 'age of understanding' that one comes to as they grow up that then makes them a sinner. We're all sinners from the youngest of us to the oldest.

Keep in mind that anyone asking these questions has put a lot of study into this and while I would encourage you to still share with them, I'd call on some extra powerful work of the Holy Spirit to open their eyes and minds.

God bless,
Ted

Hey All,

"The Bible says that God is not mocked, but athiests like us mock God every day!!11 Bible false!11!"" Quote from KV-44-v1

"Atheists like us" ???

You mock God but then want answers to your questions.
So by answering the questions, I am participating in the mockery?

I won't be doing that.

There are answers to your questions.

But I'm not sure you are really interested in answers.

Ranting is easy. Finding answers takes work.

Do the work and tell us your answers.

Let us tell you how right or wrong you are.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:
Hi Josef

You maybe don't realize that the poster was posting questions that he gets asked. He wasn't making any statement concerning his personal understanding of these things.

God bless,
Ted

Hello KV-44-v1.
The gospel plainly shows God being mocked when He was blindfolded, beaten, spit on etc.
Good answers already about half quotes which completely distort scripture. The unbelievers who mocked our Savior will face Him in judgement.
As far as who the sinners are, they're anyone who really knows good and evil. Certainly not babies.
Keep in mind when comparisons between Jew /gentile, male/female, etc, the learning is we are no better than others.

If memory serves me the reference to God being Mocked applies specifically to believers only.
Believers who think they can not pay a price for willfully sinning.

A confused atheist is asking questions about ideas he heard from a confused Christian.
Why don't they both have a coffee instead?

Hi Josef

You maybe don't realize that the poster was posting questions that he gets asked. He wasn't making any statement concerning his personal understanding of these things.

God bless,
Ted
Hey All,
KL-44-v1, if miamited is correct, I apologize.
Ask your most difficult question and I will try to answer it. I don't know everything. But I have been reading the Bible for a long time. I may have an answer.

Pick out your best one.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Please rebut the potential athiest arguments used above
First off, you need to start seriously studying apologetics.
Sites like wintery knight, reasonable faith and answers in genesis, as well as getting to know the bible.
2nd, try asking those who are asking you ' hard ' questions.
What do you believe about....... ?
listen hard and when they have finished ask.
What evidence do you have for that belief?

Try to put them on the spot to clarify their objection and to substanciat it with evidence.
As you've seen from earlier answers the objections you've received and posted are simple and due to not reading the context of the verses.

That's always been one of the things I felt was a problem. Unlearned people can distort the scriptures by misunderstanding a single line from the text, often immediately closing their eyes and ears to all reason after that. It usually takes more time to explain a misunderstanding than it takes to misunderstand something; if something can't be explained in 120 characters or less, it can be hard to keep someone's attention. People spend their life studying the Bible and some still haven't understood it all yet.

You might be able to explain the context to them and that might work, but when people are critical of the Bible they are often trying to find ways to reject it in good conscience whether it be on moral or ethical grounds.

However, if they are open and honest it could just be a genuine misunderstanding rather than a deliberate attempt to misrepresent the Bible.

First off, you need to start seriously studying apologetics.
Sites like wintery knight, reasonable faith and answers in genesis, as well as getting to know the bible.
2nd, try asking those who are asking you ' hard ' questions.
What do you believe about....... ?
listen hard and when they have finished ask.
What evidence do you have for that belief?

Try to put them on the spot to clarify their objection and to substanciat it with evidence.
As you've seen from earlier answers the objections you've received and posted are simple and due to not reading the context of the verses.
??
These are tough questions I've never had answers to til now.

Including the little baby fresh out of the womb.
How would you know this? What was his/her "sin"? Existing?

I'm not one that's on board with this 'age of understanding' that one comes to as they grow up that then makes them a sinner.
I am. God is Just.

We're all sinners from the youngest of us to the oldest.
So aborted babies just roast in eternal fire?!! What a strange view!

Hey All,

"The Bible says that God is not mocked, but athiests like us mock God every day!!11 Bible false!11!"" Quote from KV-44-v1

"Atheists like us" ???

You mock God but then want answers to your questions.
So by answering the questions, I am participating in the mockery?

I won't be doing that.

There are answers to your questions.

But I'm not sure you are really interested in answers.

Ranting is easy. Finding answers takes work.

Do the work and tell us your answers.

Let us tell you how right or wrong you are.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

I'm providing "dummy arguments" from potential athiests. Shoulda read the rest of my post & the title.
Or, mabye you are clever and addressing the "dummy" - and not me. :)

How would you know this? What was his/her "sin"? Existing?
Hi KV-44-v1

No, it's the same sin as everyone else. Not trusting in the Savior. I believe that God is building a priesthood of believers and His justness is that everyone who believes in His Son shall have eternal life. Everyone who doesn't shall not.

God bless,
Ted

Not trusting in the Savior.
They literally can't. Don't it seem unjust of God to let them burn even though they can't make the choice?
Sin is rebelling against God. So if you dont have the mental capacity to rebel then how do you rebel?

Your belief on that contradicts the Justness of God.

According to the Bible, Jesus loves little children. How do you reconcile this with "babies 4 fire" belief??

Can you "convert" a baby? YES or NO? if NO, then your belief has a HOLE.

They literally can't
Hi KV-44-v1

Right! Well, that's my point isn't it?
Your belief on that contradicts the Justness of God.
Not if the the justness of God is what He proclaims it to be in His word. That all those who believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. What if that's God's justness? What if the eternal life with God really is only for those who reached adulthood and made a confession of their mouth and a belief of their heart that Jesus is Lord?

Yes, I fully realize that in our human compassion we don't want to believe it may be like that, but that is what God's word says about the matter of those who will be saved.

God bless,
Ted

What if that's God's justness? What if the eternal life with God really is only for those who reached adulthood and made a confession of their mouth and a belief of their heart that Jesus is Lord?
All scenarioes.

Justice involves Actions that were Done.
Knowledge: Punishing someone for murder (example) when they never killed anybody is unjust.
Conclusion: So sending a baby who has no ability to believe to fire is also unjust.

you didn't answer these:
Sin is rebelling against God. So if you dont have the mental capacity to rebel then how do you rebel?
According to the Bible, Jesus loves little children. How do you reconcile this with "babies 4 fire" belief??
Can you "convert" a baby? YES or NO? if NO, then your belief has a HOLE.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back