Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Power Surge

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Lewis

Concern grows over possibility of massive power surge
http://news.msn.com/in-depth/concern-grows-over-possibility-of-massive-power-surge

_h366_w650_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

All electronics could malfunction. Cars might not run. GPS systems would fail. Generators would be of no use, as gas pumps would stop working. The disruption could last a year or more. There would be looting, rioting, a general societal collapse.

Aren't those the same things the alarmists said would happen 14 years ago?

I wonder if simply placing a shield over the lines would do the trick.

Probably, but do you realize how many miles of shields that would take?

The TOG​

Aren't those the same things the alarmists said would happen 14 years ago?

Probably, but do you realize how many miles of shields that would take?
underground utilities already has that. it has to. they lay them in rubber covered in a metal pipe. I will ask to be sure. most new homes are on this type of connections in my county.

Last edited:
Sometimes man gets it right in their predictions and many times they don't. Now would God let something like this happen to the entire earth ? Because He is the one who would have to allow it. God is still in control' but He does let natural phenomenon do it's thing at times, but not outside of the rules that He has set for it not to go past. An example' somtimes he will let a volcano kill thousands or a 9.5 earthquake. So this power surge would disrupt the whole planet. And God is involved with the well being of His creation.

Sometimes man gets it right in their predictions and many times they don't. Now would God let something like this happen to the entire earth ? Because He is the one who would have to allow it. God is still in control' but He does let natural phenomenon do it's thing at times, but not outside of the rules that He has set for it not to go past. An example' somtimes he will let a volcano kill thousands or a 9.5 earthquake. So this power surge would disrupt the whole planet. And God is involved with the well being of His creation.

lewis, we have the ae-6 intruder whose primary function in war to zap electronics(burn is what they call it) and that can be done to any electric grid. the concern not mentions is that scada controls gas, electric and water grids. if it goes so does gas and water and electric.

High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program_site.jpg

Then we have mans attempt at harnessing global conditions.. "H.A.R.R.P" ..its laughable but extremely dangerous.. myself i prefer putting my trust in Gods version..
a million watts? that isn't crap. here is a million watts used for the glory of god an it barely hits cocoa beach. I have picked up the main station in parts in that area but its lost in Melbourne.

http://www.christianfm.com/common/page.php?id=561. I have been inside that danger radius of harmful amounts of radiation from their tower. its on the church property. its live and doesn't shut down.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAARP

tob

I am getting so sick of these "news articles" that accuse those of us in communications (my field) and electrical power distribution (an industry my industry serves - among others) of being stupid.
(I spent most of last year working with a large electric utility and now I am on a project in a nuclear power plant.)

We get these warnings about the sun taking out our power grid every so often. And sure, if we had an incident as we had in 1859, there would be SOME disruption - but much of what you are reading was written by those who have no clue what they are talking about. 1859 was disruptive, but remember, telegraph lines had virtually NO protection back then. It was simply long wires strung between stations with no spark gap to ground EXCEPT for the telegraph sounder.

The satellites placed in orbit over the past 50 years were DESIGNED with solar activity in mind. Just because the average person on the street is oblivious to the effects of the sun, does NOT mean that those who work for a living in communications are stupid. I have installations that can take a DIRECT HIT of a lightning bolt to an antenna and keep on operating. I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN. Sure, only the most critical installations are built to withstand that, but fact is, we know what we are doing. I've had installations take direct bolts of lightning with the only glitch that we lost power (and sometimes, we don't even loose power). You think a solar flare or CME is going to stop my stuff from working?

PLEASE, everyone, ask yourself, the next time you read something like this: "Now, am I to believe that the guy who wrote this article figured out something that engineers in communications and power distribution are too stupid to think of?" And be VERY wary of those they 'interview' as 'experts'. Go ask someone in the industry who is NOT trying to get interviewed on TV and see what answer you get.

Ok? Thank you.

Mark Christopher
Kenwood System Group
Suwanee, Georgia

I know this is not a debate forum, but I did want to point out something:
Then we have mans attempt at harnessing global conditions.. "H.A.R.R.P" ..its laughable but extremely dangerous.. myself i prefer putting my trust in Gods version..
tob
HAARP is not aimed at "harnessing global conditions". It is simply a research facility used to study the ionosphere and, to some extent, the troposphere.

Not directed at you, but at those you are listening to:
I am so tired of people with no knowledge of physics making claims about HAARP and what it supposedly is for. It is an open program, ANY university physics department can apply for time to use the facility and many have. It is simply high powered HF radio, with some radar and other instruments thrown in for making measurements.

No black magic, no evil plans to destroy the world, just boring old physics.

I am getting so sick of these "news articles" that accuse those of us in communications (my field) and electrical power distribution (an industry my industry serves - among others) of being stupid.
(I spent most of last year working with a large electric utility and now I am on a project in a nuclear power plant.)

We get these warnings about the sun taking out our power grid every so often. And sure, if we had an incident as we had in 1859, there would be SOME disruption - but much of what you are reading was written by those who have no clue what they are talking about. 1859 was disruptive, but remember, telegraph lines had virtually NO protection back then. It was simply long wires strung between stations with no spark gap to ground EXCEPT for the telegraph sounder.

The satellites placed in orbit over the past 50 years were DESIGNED with solar activity in mind. Just because the average person on the street is oblivious to the effects of the sun, does NOT mean that those who work for a living in communications are stupid. I have installations that can take a DIRECT HIT of a lightning bolt to an antenna and keep on operating. I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN. Sure, only the most critical installations are built to withstand that, but fact is, we know what we are doing. I've had installations take direct bolts of lightning with the only glitch that we lost power (and sometimes, we don't even loose power). You think a solar flare or CME is going to stop my stuff from working?

PLEASE, everyone, ask yourself, the next time you read something like this: "Now, am I to believe that the guy who wrote this article figured out something that engineers in communications and power distribution are too stupid to think of?" And be VERY wary of those they 'interview' as 'experts'. Go ask someone in the industry who is NOT trying to get interviewed on TV and see what answer you get.

Ok? Thank you.

Mark Christopher
Kenwood System Group
Suwanee, Georgia

I know this is not a debate forum, but I did want to point out something:

HAARP is not aimed at "harnessing global conditions". It is simply a research facility used to study the ionosphere and, to some extent, the troposphere.

Not directed at you, but at those you are listening to:
I am so tired of people with no knowledge of physics making claims about HAARP and what it supposedly is for. It is an open program, ANY university physics department can apply for time to use the facility and many have. It is simply high powered HF radio, with some radar and other instruments thrown in for making measurements.

No black magic, no evil plans to destroy the world, just boring old physics.
no like function here but I will say it "like"

underground utilities already has that. it has to. they lay them in rubber covered in a metal pipe. I will ask to be sure. most new homes are on this type of connections in my county.

They just put ours up our road underground 2 yrs. ago. It is really heavy cable, strung through heavy gauge PVC pipe.
My husband has done some of that.

They just put ours up our road underground 2 yrs. ago. It is really heavy cable, strung through heavy gauge PVC pipe.
My husband has done some of that.
does it run directly to the transformer on the ground or on the pole. in some cases they just put the drop underground and others the full deal.

We are underground in my subdivision - primary and drop, everything 100% underground. It is almost a mile from here the lines go underground, and we are not the end of the line, either. It goes almost another two miles! I've been here over two years, lost power once for about 45 minutes.

We are underground in my subdivision - primary and drop, everything 100% underground. It is almost a mile from here the lines go underground, and we are not the end of the line, either. It goes almost another two miles! I've been here over two years, lost power once for about 45 minutes.
vero is about 40% underground. all new construction in general is that way.

Well, my husband is here now so I can ask what I've forgotten. He runs heavy equip. so he was digging, putting in bedding, etc. Then this last time he was building pads for transformer stations and such.
He just said that when they were putting in the substations for the big transmission lines across canyons and mesas it was 600kv lines inside sch40 PVC conduit, concrete encased, and buried. There were a total of eight conduits and tracer wire for electric, fibre optics, and phone. Then portions were overhead where they couldn't put it underground, he didn't do that. All the transformers were/are on the ground in vaults.

That's how it is on my road. The transformers in vaults and everything underground. I really like that when taking pictures of sunsets and mountains, no more trying to keep lines out of photos.

Well, my husband is here now so I can ask what I've forgotten. He runs heavy equip. so he was digging, putting in bedding, etc. Then this last time he was building pads for transformer stations and such.
He just said that when they were putting in the substations for the big transmission lines across canyons and mesas it was 600kv lines inside sch40 PVC conduit, concrete encased, and buried. There were a total of eight conduits and tracer wire for electric, fibre optics, and phone. Then portions were overhead where they couldn't put it underground, he didn't do that. All the transformers were/are on the ground in vaults.

That's how it is on my road. The transformers in vaults and everything underground. I really like that when taking pictures of sunsets and mountains, no more trying to keep lines out of photos.
ok ours are above ground. fy1 the city of new York lost power due to that idea during sandy as they put their substations in the subways and well water went into that.

Back