Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Praise God!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some of you may remember a prayer request I posted a couple of weeks ago about my boyfriend finding a job so that we could be married. I had talked about how we've been together for over 4 years, and every attempt at marriage up to this point has failed, and it had become SO frustrating.

Ok, I'll start at the beginning. I'm a CNA, and several weeks ago I was in the town next to mine, (I'd say the name, but that's dangerous) taking care of an old lady that lived in an apartment. All day I was thinking, these apartments can't be too expensive, and they're really nice. I could picture me and my boyfriend living there. And it's a really nice little town. So a few days later me and my boyfriend go back up there to get some information. It turns out that these apartments are income based, and the highest rent is like $360 something. That is GREAT, but there's an 8 month wait. The lady was a little rude though and wouldn't show us an apartment. We found out that there was another income based apartment under the same management about a mile away, so a few days ago, we went there, and it's even nicer there. The neighborhood is really quiet and peaceful. Well, it turns out, they have openings now and 6-8 month wait on some of the apartments. This was all really good news.

But there's still the problem of my boyfriend finding a job before we can get married. It turns out there's this big, new cinema about a mile and a half down the road. My boyfriend is a movie fanatic and he would LOVE to work at a movie theater. So he got an application, and even though there was no manager there, the lady he spoke to told him they were hiring. Well, we went back the day before yesterday and he spoke to a manager, and I really think they're going to hire him. I feel so hopeful and grateful now. I feel like this is the plan God has had all along.

Two more things, I have a favorite author, and there is a book of hers that I have REALLY been wanting to read, but none of the bookstores have any of her books, and the library didn't either. Well, I would up at a used book store the other day, and the very first thing I lay my eyes on are three of her books, one of them being the one I was particularly looking for.

The last thing, today I found out that my car insurance is being lowered from $111.00 to $58.00. I just want to thank God for all His blessings, and to tell you guys about them too. :) :lol :tongue :biggrin

:amen

We rejoice with you .... :salute :thumbsup :clap3 :clap2 :headphones :guitar :sing :tongueeace :bounce

Praise the Lord ! ... May your boyfriend get the job at the movie theater ....... :pepsi :popcorn

Update: Our application for the apartment was approved! We are now just waiting for a unit to become available. The final piece of the puzzle is for my b/f to get the job at the theater. The regional manager has been out of town, but he's succesfully charmed two of the other managers, and he feels sure he's going to get the job. I feel sure too, and I have faith this was God's plan all along. :biggrin

Gods working his will in your life, and he has greater plans for you that are yet to be done. He blessing you all around, and just keep your faith in Christ and you will get through all your struggles.

Praise the Almighty Lord of the Heavens above. His plans never fail.

God Bless

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back