Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Pray for Dale ...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

vja4Him

Today when I was riding my bike through downtown, and up to the Post Office, I heard something, and was looking around to see what it was. I noticed a man standing in front of the Post Office, singing! At first I thought that was a little odd ....

But then something happened .... I started thinking that I should pray for that man, and was asking God what I should do ... Then I thought that I should go and talk to him ....

So, I go inside and check my PO box, then stand in line to pick up a couple of packages. As I was riding my bicycle down the ramp, I thought I'll just keep riding and avoid the guy, but then I could feel the Holy Spirit directing me back to this guy ...

I turned around and rode up to the guy, and the first thing I said was, "You like to sing!" He answered, "Yes!" I'm usually somewhat bold when talking to people about God, and asked him if he believes in Jesus. He said that he did, and then I asked him if he had Jesus in his heart, and he said that he did.

We had a nice chat sharing our faith, and he asked me to pray for him. I asked him if he was homeless, and he said no. He had his hat on the sidewalk for people to drop money in, but he wasn't begging or harrassing anyone.

So, I think we should pray for this guy. I really don't know exactly what he needs, but God knows where this guy, Dale, is at, and what he needs.

My prayer is twofold: That God will bless this man with whatever it is that he needs. He said that he was separated and wanted to get back together with his significant other. His kids are grown up.

And that God will touch someone's life with this man's testimony, as he stands around singing, and sharing his faith.

I don't usually stop and talk with people on the streets. Our area is heavily gang infested, one of the worst gang areas in California. We are the meth capital of the United States. Used to be number one, but I heard that we are now only number two or three, which is still very bad. A meth house blew up across the street from where we used to live! And one of the worst areas for car theft in the entire United States! I have been threatened (my life!) just from saying hello to somebody .... So, it's kinda scary talking to strangers sometimes ....

vja4Him said:
My prayer is twofold: That God will bless this man with whatever it is that he needs. He said that he was separated and wanted to get back together with his significant other. His kids are grown up.

And that God will touch someone's life with this man's testimony, as he stands around singing, and sharing his faith.

I stand in agreement with your prayer. :yes

JoJo said:
vja4Him said:

I stand in agreement with your prayer. :yes

As do I. :pray

Hi! That is so cool. Thank you for obeying the check in your heart to talk to Dale in spite of the kinda place you live in. I'm so touched. Will pray with pleasure. :thumb

:pray Dear Jesus,

Thank you so much for giving my friend the check in his heart to talk to Dale. Sweet Lord, we do not know what the desires of Dale's heart are, but you know it for sure. So we pray and ask you to please give Dale every desire of his heart and touch his heart in an amazing way. Let him be able to stand as a testimony of your love and a witness as well. Encourage him to keep singing but with songs for you. Help him be able to attract people with his singing and change peoples life with his testimony, thus giving your love to many and helping them accept You in their heart. Touch the hearts of even these gang guys with your love, dear Lord, for you can change any heart, any mind.

In Jesus loving name, we pray. Amen.

:amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back