Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Pray for friend and His Wife! He threatened my Wife and I

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jruner

Sometime ago a schizophrenic friend made serious violent threats against my Wife and I. These were over a firearm he was selling me on payments to get it out of the house. He has a history of threatening his spouse as well, yet she will not seek intervention, the local law enforcement will not intervene, unless their is obvious physical harm. This is why we have had to remove ourselves totally, other than prayer.

The gun ended up being returned, I wanted him or her to let an in-law keep it for him. We know he killed the wife's dog to intimidate her! We also know he is not on any medication for his illness and this makes him more violent.

Please pray for his wife's safety (she is too scared to leave) and for him to submit to the Lord's care. He confesses Christ, yet threatens death.

I used to visit Pray and read the Bible with him, this sadly is no longer safe for me to do.

In Christ,

John

John, it's not my business to give unwanted advice but if there is anyway you can get this woman to leave this situation immediately that is what she needs. Much better to be alive, safe and scared than to be in danger and still scared. I had a friend who was in this same situation but, unfortunately, the results were tragic. As you have stated, Law Enforcement can do nothing because of his threats, he threatened his wife and nothing could be done. One night my friend went ahead and shot his wife. He is currently incarcerated for 12 yrs for her murder and she is gone. It's not the individual but it's the disease from which they suffer. Your friends wife is not safe if your friend is not on medication. Please forgive me for any unwanted advice.
Your friends are in my prayers, Westtexas

Wait, despite killing a dog and making violence threats to several people who could testify about what he did, and despite obviously behaving insane he cannot be taken into custody and admitted to psychiatric care?
That's crazy.

Will be praying for all of you.

Westtexas is completely right, the wife needs to get outta there, not only to safe her life and recover from the damage he's already done to her. If there is anything you can do to help her make that decision do it. If she is too scared to live on her own or can't support herself financially there are shelters for women that are in exactly that kind of situation (violent husband or other relatives).

I have given her the above advice before, several times, as I am an abuse survivor! So now I pray. Rural law and urban law in Idaho are very differnt, sometimes.

I have given her the above advice before, several times, as I am an abuse survivor! So now I pray. Rural law and urban law in Idaho are very differnt, sometimes.

I speaking from experience, sometimes people won't listen to those closest to them because they may feel that that person is biased in their favor. You know yourself that the victims of abuse very often blame themselves. So maybe if someone from a women's resource center or even better a police officer would talk to her, she would listen.

I will pray for both of you.

You, your family and this couple are in my prayers, jruner .

This is not a healthy situation at all. Did anyone report his shooting of the dog?

Law enforcement's hands are tied until she is willing to ask for their help. I pray she will seek help before it is too late.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back