Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer Request for happiness.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have been waiting 28 years, and I'm really wanting that husband that I know is looking for me too! Patience has always been a strong point of mine, but I feel like I will never meet him now. Please pray for me :shame2

A little more info, I am slightly shy around men my age at first. There is no singles ministry at my church and most guys there are too young. I'm 27, 28 in may. In school I was never interested in boys and just went my own way, and as time has moved on I feel I may have missed out. I welcome all advice and prayer =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus needs to be your number one guy, whether you eventually get married or not :)
I am also 27, and for some reason there is this Christian mentality that when you are young and in church, it is your destiny to get married...this thought process can actually get young people like you and I to take our eyes off of Jesus.
I am married and have been for two years, however this happened when 1.) I was not searching for it and 2.) after I made the decision to follow the Lord no matter what, single or married...

Be still and enjoy what the Lord is doing in your life. You have been called to a higher purpose; a higher calling. God may be waiting because there is a job He is wanting you to do in His kingdom first...
I will pray for you to have peace and contentment in Christ during this awkward and confusing time. Engulf yourself in prayer and scripture...do your part and trust that Jesus will do His ;)

Psalms 37.4 Delight yourself in The Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
I was 29, sitting in my living room on a saturday night. I had always kept my eyes open for the right one in the singles group...hoping maybe the car would break down and a christian tow truck driver would show up and we would ride off into the sunset! I don't like grime under the nails so I am not sure what I was thinking :) Well, sitting in my living room, eating chinese food with my cat and watching breakfast at tiffany's and reading my Bible on a Saturday night became the norm. I said a brief prayer. It went like this: Dear Father, I don't know what you have for me at this point. I would like to get married...but if you don't want me to...I am okay with that. If it is just you and me...that is perfectly fine (I said this before but this time I really meant it 100 percent). Also, if there is anyone out there, this would be a good time to bring them into my life if you would like me to eventually have a child (because that was also a desire of my heart). Three months later, I met a guy who was soon to be my husband (he was a christian and we met at a bagel shop/deli) Nine months later, marriage counseling and married 12 months after I said that prayer. At the age of 30, I was married. Stay strong, give all the glory to God -- He will give you the desires of your heart. In the meantime, give your all to God (because He is still molding that person for you...He won't give you anything less than HIS best)! Be Encouraged, Caroline <><

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back