Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers for my grandparents

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

GojuBrian

My grandparents are 88 and 89yrs old. They were married at 17 and 18yrs old, 71yrs!! My grandmother has full blown alzheimers. She can be rather mean to my grandfather too. She refuses to do things she's supposed to do like go to the doctor and makes threats to leave frequently. It's not her fault, she's not herself. My grandfather refuses to let us help very much at all. He just wants to be the one to bear it all.
He's losing his memory as well. He frequently drives and forgets where and who he is for a while.
Me and my dad don't know what to do. :verysad

I will be praying for this situation. May I ask if your grandparents are saved?

Your grandparents and you and your family are on my prayer list.

My mother is dealing with a similar situation with my stepdad's parents. His dad is suffering from Alzheimer's and his mother is going blind and other physical ailments. Neither of them are willing to ask for help and are refusing the idea of moving into an assisted living or retirement center. His dad has almost set their kitchen on fire several times!

Dave Slayer said:
I will be praying for this situation. May I ask if your grandparents are saved?

Yes, they have been practically all their lives. :)

They forced me to go to church all my life and I love them for it. :approve

My grandmother has spent the last week in the hospital and has had complications.

My dad is moving with them and will have to bathe and care for her by hand. Please continue to pray. :pray

i know that it this is hard on you, but you have the assurance of the promises of those that believe, and they are believers, but i can relate as my grandfather's on both sides passed away from alzheimers.

Hi Brian! Do not worry about this situation. Jesus is in control.

Jesus, my love,

Thank you for Brian's grandparents, that You have taken care of them all this while. We thank You and praise You Jesus. Please help both Brian's and JoJo's grandparents Lord. We commit them into Your loving hands that You may send down your angels to help them with all that they do and if it's Your will, please heal them from these diseases. Pour down Your healing rays upon them and change their lives for the very best.

In Jesus precious name I pray... Amen.

:amen

Well, for the last couple of months my grandmother has no idea who I am when I come over. I think the only one she knows is my grandpa now.

My dad has moved in with them full time now and that's another struggle altogether.

Thanks for everyone's prayers thus far! :)

Praying!

I know what you are going through. My grandfather has no clue who I am. He thinks I am his nephew sometimes, and sometimes he thinks I am a buddy from WWII. He doesn't really know who anyone is, besides my dad and grandmother.

My other grandfather was very difficult in his last year. He refused to go to the doctor and hated that he could not live at home and would try to fight, to no avail, to keep from leaving.

I'll be praying for ya and your family Brian.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back