Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] protecting from emp - nationally and individually

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
yes locally, here they do it. seen them do all manner. aluma tower company. they make radio towers and so forth, it takes welding and nevermind that if the wiring to the switchyard isn't working , no power to a lot. you can run on generators forever. think pr on a nationwide scale.

You're saying you CAN'T run on generators forever, right?

thanks - great info

is brilliant pebbles a satellite or a space vessel? - so china could just shoot it down and then nk could detonate a nuclear emp from their 2 satellites over america? - is that what you mean by china can counter brilliant pebbles?

what do you mean by nukes were obsolete after ww2 ended? - then why do we want to stop noko from having nuclear intercontinental missiles?

i do care about this stuff and am trying to understand it

Good questions. The design for Brilliant Pebbles involves space vessels. If they're in orbit they're also called satellites if the idea is their normal operation doesn't take them out of orbit.

I say nukes were obsolete after WWII because the two we actually used most certainly did achieve an end we couldn't have otherwise, and those circumstances can't be repeated because the military response (nukes) would be too great. I'm saying every penny spent in the nuclear arms race was a disastrous misuse of resources, but unavoidable.

We most certainly want to keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of madmen like Kim Jong Un and Iran's not so supreme supreme leader! Such a complicated web we weave ...

Good questions. The design for Brilliant Pebbles involves space vessels. If they're in orbit they're also called satellites if the idea is their normal operation doesn't take them out of orbit.

I say nukes were obsolete after WWII because the two we actually used most certainly did achieve an end we couldn't have otherwise, and those circumstances can't be repeated because the military response (nukes) would be too great. I'm saying every penny spent in the nuclear arms race was a disastrous misuse of resources, but unavoidable.

We most certainly want to keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of madmen like Kim Jong Un and Iran's not so supreme supreme leader! Such a complicated web we weave ...
yes - tech can be used for good or evil

i also enjoy watching documentaries on nikola tesla and all his innovative tech - his mother was an inventor too

but this emp science and counter-measure tech really interests me

thanking God that there are techies working on this now to keep america safe from attack

yes - as it did in 1859 - didn't know that - powerful universe we live in
So, if we had a massive coronal ejection strike the earth and everything electrical stopped working it would put us back into a horse and buggy economy but very few people have horses and fewer have buggies.
We get so complacent with how wonderful we are with all our technology but it could al come to a sudden end in 24 hours.
God's way of saying, "Bugga! Bugga!"

So, if we had a massive coronal ejection strike the earth and everything electrical stopped working it would put us back into a horse and buggy economy but very few people have horses and fewer have buggies.
We get so complacent with how wonderful we are with all our technology but it could al come to a sudden end in 24 hours.
God's way of saying, "Bugga! Bugga!"
reminds me of the series last ship

irl there are more people going off grid - preppers - kinda makes sense

yes - tech can be used for good or evil

i also enjoy watching documentaries on nikola tesla and all his innovative tech - his mother was an inventor too

but this emp science and counter-measure tech really interests me

thanking God that there are techies working on this now to keep america safe from attack

And yet Congress still prevents us from implementing real solutions on a Nation-wide scale. Even though Trump is the first POTUS to become concerned.

In theory, the States can do what needs to be done but we all know big things hinge on Federal dollars. In short, the priorities in our federal budget are WAY out of whack.

powerful universe we live in

I consider that as we have a great big God!

And I hope that how overdue we are for a major EMP event from solar flare is God still extending Mercy. Although I think He must be shaking His head at the US in disgust, generally.

May He lead our leaders into the good path ...

:pray

You're saying you CAN'T run on generators forever, right?
What do you do when your generator runs out of gas? (assuming its electronics weren't fried and it will work) Your car/truck wont run because the electronics were fried by the EMP and, if you could get to a gas station, the punps wouldn't work because they run on electricity and the distribution grid has been knocked out.

What do you do when your generator runs out of gas? (assuming its electronics weren't fried and it will work) Your car/truck wont run because the electronics were fried by the EMP and, if you could get to a gas station, the punps wouldn't work because they run on electricity and the distribution grid has been knocked out.

Yeah, that's what the topic is about. I was just trying to clarify a statement, hoping it was just a typo.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back