Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Proud mama!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JoJo

I just wanted to share a proud parent moment with you all:

Today while my teenage son was at work (he's a sacker at a grocery store) he was returning a cart from the parking lot and found a money bag. He opened the bag and found $1400 and a bunch of checks written to one man. He figured the man had brought the bag in with him while shopping before going to the bank and then left the bag in the grocery cart.

No one was around. No one was looking. I know, in the back of my son's head was the image of the electric guitar he's had his eye on all year. I know it had to have been tempting to keep the money. BUT...he turned it in!!! My son passed over the chance to pocket $1400 in cash (I believe it's legal in my state to keep money found) and turned it in so that the rightful owner could reclaim it. I am so proud!!

Wow, that is something to be proud of. :clap Not many teenagers would do that.

btw, that bag is mine, and I would like it back. thank you. :shades :twocents

You did well, JoJo. That's being really honest. Especially when the law says you can actually take it.

BTW, I think it's actually my bag, so if you don't mind shipping it over, that would be great!

Lets not fight over this. We can spilt it 50-50, $700 each. How much does that convert to in British Pounds? :chin

Gabe said:
Lets not fight over this. We can spilt it 50-50, $700 each. How much does that convert to in British Pounds? :chin
:lol About 350

Well done to your son JoJo!! That's good to hear :clap :salute

Two nice things have happened to my son since he turned in that money bag:

1. His boss patted him on the back and said, "You're all right!"

2. The couple who owned the money and checks came to the store today to thank my son. They were an Asian couple and the husband couldn't speak English very well so the wife spoke. She said, "You are very honorable man." What's so cool about this is that my son has always admired Asian culture and knows that to be called "honorable" is a high compliment. :)

JoJo said:
Two nice things have happened to my son since he turned in that money bag:

1. His boss patted him on the back and said, "You're all right!"

2. The couple who owned the money and checks came to the store today to thank my son. They were an Asian couple and the husband couldn't speak English very well so the wife spoke. She said, "You are very honorable man." What's so cool about this is that my son has always admired Asian culture and knows that to be called "honorable" is a high compliment. :)
I am so glad for your son that he got a reward like that for doing something good. He could have easily just taken the bag and made himself a lot richer, but he kept honesty as the best policy, and in my opinion the reward he got in the end is more satisfying than just keeping the money. Well done! :)

JoJo

Well done to your son and well done to you as parent :thumb It is often at times like these that our influence on our kids often comes to the fore, especially our teenagers.

Me thinks he has learned a valuable lesson that should stay with him for life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back