Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Purpose of

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Josef

Hey All,
I am going to try a different style here in the Bible Growth and Study Forum. I am going to ask the questions, and let you study to come up with your answer. So let's try this. Here are a couple of what I consider softball questions.

First, why was the Bible given to us by God?

Second, what is the Bible's purpose?

Any thoughts? Also, let me know how you like this style.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Yes, this is a different way of posting in here, and it's good. Neither should you stop.

Questions:
"Why was the Bible given to us?"
And
"What is the Bible's purpose?"

Why was it given? In God's Word it says God does nothing without first telling the prophets found in Amos 3:7. In respect to God, by Him sharing His Word with us, think about it. It declares His Almighty power, knowing the end from the beginning. Therefore, I believe God is demonstrating his Authority as One God and Lord, His Redemption, and His Love for mankind.

What is the purpose of the Bible?

Go grab your Bible . . . . . . . .

Open to Genesis chapter 3. Hold in your left hand Genesis chapters 1 - 3.

Now grab and hold all the remaining pages from Genesis 4 - Revelation 22 in your right hand.

Do you see in your left hand how long it took for mankind to mess up everything? In contrast, all the pages in your right hand. That's God's love, redemption and plan to fix up our mistake.

God Bless
Atonement

Back