Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question for the married...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I hate to be the only one to say no to this question. I think i just got married too soon. If we would've waited a little longer, i would know before we got married that my husband doesnt love me. But its too late for that, and now i'm just trying to make it work. :sad

jillian.h said:
I hate to be the only one to say no to this question. I think i just got married too soon. If we would've waited a little longer, i would know before we got married that my husband doesnt love me. But its too late for that, and now i'm just trying to make it work. :sad

I have sympathy for you. It's taken me 20 years but I am beginning to understand that though it seemed/seems as though my wife does not love me, it is more that she doesn't love me the way I want to be loved. Some work on each of our part (for me accepting how God wired us differently, for her trying to demonstrate her love to me) has helped a great deal. Just know how great God is and don't limit His power—as discouraged as you may feel now it can change. And the fact that you are trying to make it work is good—sometimes that's the best we can do, but I believe that the possibility for your marriage to thrive exists.

I also believe with all my heart that the Lord brought my hubby to me. I had an abusive childhood and one day when I was nine, after a stressful incident, I cried out to God in anger and told Him that I no longer believed in Him because if He loved me He wouldn't let me suffer this way, I sobbed to myself. After I had calmed down though, I looked at the sky and told Him that I was sorry. Then I had this knowing that one day a man would come into my life and take me away from all this and he would love me like no one had ever loved me. It made me happy to think of it. Eight years later I met my hubby, we married when I was eighteen and he was 21 and 27yrs later we have never looked back. And he truely does love me like no one else ever did or could. We still hold hands and kiss and cuddle. He is my whole world and my best friend after Jesus.

follower of Christ said:
Knowing everything you know now, but not having ever had a physical relationship, would you marry your spouse today ?

Remember, you know all the good and bad about them that you know now, but arent obligated in any way to marry, so would you ?

:)
Absolutely yes, there is no question about it. I am more in love with her now than ever.

follower of Christ said:
Knowing everything you know now, but not having ever had a physical relationship, would you marry your spouse today ?

Remember, you know all the good and bad about them that you know now, but arent obligated in any way to marry, so would you ?

:)

This is a good question. This is where perseverance and a good hold on biblical truth comes into play. If divorce would have been an option for me and I allowed my own personal thoughts to rule my life, I would have divorced my wife about year 5 or so. I have been married 16 years and just about the last 6 or seven years it has gradually gotten better and better. I would have answered no about ten years ago and would have been regretful about the decision I made. Neither one of us has ever been unfaithful to the other, but I never felt the deep emotional bond that one should feel towards his wife. We came from different backgrounds, different belief systems, different family lives, different levels of spirituality. If anyone would have done a very close analysis before we were married, they would have highly advised against it.

However, because of our faithfulness to God, and our belief that he is in control of our situation, we stuck it out. Because of that, God has rewarded us with the best relationship imaginable and a greater true love than we could have ever imagined.

So my answer now is a resounding YES!!!!!! Absolutely!!!!!

God will be faithful to us if we are faithful to him and will turn our circumstances out for our good if we truly are His.

I would absolutely marry my wife, Diane, again. In November, we will have been married 36 years, and I still think she is great. If there's anything I would do over, it would be to have been much nicer to her and not done so many stupid things. Fortunately, she is very understanding, kind and loving, an incredibly nice human being. Thank you, God!

My wife and I have a very strong relationship. I am amazed at all the divorce around me. Our sex life is probably the weakest part of our relationship. We were sexually active for 8 years prior to our wedding, and even then sex was tricky for us. That didn't stop me in the least. I'd marry her again tomorrow. She is overflowing with smarts, character, wisdom, and honesty and there's no one else I'd rather be with. It is easy for me to "foresake all others". If she were to die, I seriously doubt I could ever marry again. If she were to leave me, I would pine away for her until she returned or I died, whichever came first.

Honestly. She doesn't read the stuff I post on the forum, so I don't say this for her sake. I'm just crazy for her. Sex or no sex.

-HisSheep

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back