Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

reach and teach devotions

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Pour out your heart before God

PSALM 62

8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

HOW EMPTY IS YOUR HEART?

Yes, I love the psalms.. I hope you do too.

Psalm 62 is such a wonderful psalm and this verse is one of my favourites. It has two wonderful commands.

The first one is just awesome, you know brothers and sisters, we are commanded to trust God at all times.

The second one is wonderful.. and here is my question.. How empty is your heart?.

Have you as a believer poured out your heart before Him? We are often told that God knows everything and yes, he does, and therefore he doesn't need to hear it from us. But the opposite is true, he wants to hear the deepest longings of your heart, he wants to hear from you personally. God doesn't want you to run to other believers or even your pastor, that can be helpful, but he wants you to run to Him first of all.

When was the last time, you spent time just sharing with the Lord on an intimate basis, just you and him? And this doesn't have to be you talking all the time, it means you listening.

You know Jesus wants to take your burden.. he says come unto me and I will give you rest. God needs and loves to hear from you, his desire is the same as in the garden of Eden, fellowship with men and women. Remember he knew Adam and Eve had sinned and yet GOD still wanted fellowship with them. C/f Matthew 11:25-30.

My deepest and blessed times of fellowship with God were when I just shared openly with Him. You know we can pour out every secret to him, because we can trust Him, he is not going to share it with anyone else. He is completely trustworthy.

Empty your heart believer, come to throne of grace and give him all your troubles, all your pain and let Him deal with it.

Have fellowship with Him.. trust him with your heart.. pour it out before Him.

God bless you!

Let God be magnified

PSALM 70

4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.

ARE YOU MAGNIFYING GOD?

What a wonderful verse. Amen.

This psalm of David is to bring to remembrance.

What are we to remember?

We are to remember to seek the Lord

We are told to rejoice in the Lord

We are told to love thy salvation

We are to continually tell everyone about our wonderful God

Are you doing all of the above?

Why are we to do all these things?

Set forth in the last few words of the verse, is the reason.

Let God be magnified.

We are to take a magnifier to the name and the glory of the Lord and to magnify it, to a world that seeks to disregard God. The world seeks to make God smaller, but it is our role to magnify the name and glory of the Lord.

By your life, are you magnifying the Lord or making him smaller? Your life, will either draw people to God or drive them away from Him.

If we do the four things listed above, then we will surely magnify our God.

Back