Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Religious Morality Experiment

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Was the flooding of New Orleans and the washing away of the LA/MS coastline by Katrina God's judgement?

airdrop said:
Was the flooding of New Orleans and the washing away of the LA/MS coastline by Katrina God's judgement?

There are two ways the flooding of New Orleans could be God's judgement. First, God could have brough about events to punish the city for its wickedness. This I don't know. God has not revealed this.

The other way for something to be God's judgement is just for something to be the natural consequences of a behavior. The city had become so corrupt, embracing hedonism and electing incompetent leaders on the basis of race, that they did not secure themselves against a major hurricane hitting their levy system.

This New Orleans curse has hit all of America. The amount of money, our money, the feds have spent on New Orleans for Katrina (cat 3) makes federal spending on 9/11 and hurricane Andrew (cat 5) look like chump change. The morally degenerate citizens of New Orleans were spread about, causing trouble wherever they went. Insurance companies took a big hit.

The city was such a cess pool that rescuers couldn't get in until the military secured the city. The National Guard is still occupying the city to this day.

Quath said:
That is a good point. However, if living on Earth is a good thing, then killing someone prematurely harms them. So this would be needless harm inflicted on children. If living on Earth is not good, then it doesn't matter if anyone is killed.

I don't think it matters how long we walk the Earth. The living might miss the dead, but if all your friends and family are killed, then there's no one to miss you.

A violent death has much more deterrent value than a peaceful death. After eveyone was executed, there was no more children being killed in that city, for any god. And, why you do something is what matters, not what you do.

Poke said:
I don't think it matters how long we walk the Earth. The living might miss the dead, but if all your friends and family are killed, then there's no one to miss you.
So do you think it is ok to commit suicide if no one will miss you?

A violent death has much more deterrent value than a peaceful death. After eveyone was executed, there was no more children being killed in that city, for any god. And, why you do something is what matters, not what you do.
I am confused. Are you saying that by killing all the children and people in the city, the Israelites stopped the killing of the children?

Quath said:
Poke said:
So do you think it is ok to commit suicide if no one will miss you?

What matters is in the heart.

I am confused. Are you saying that by killing all the children and people in the city, the Israelites stopped the killing of the children?

Stopped the killing of future children.

Poke said:
What matters is in the heart.
I am not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying it that it is no loss for someone to commit suicide if they feel it is ok to do so with their heart?

Stopped the killing of future children.
So it is ok to kill innocents as long as you can justify it by saying that less innocents will be alive to die later on.

It seems that by that logic that every person in the world should be killed to avoid future children from being killed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back