Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Replacement theology:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
:oops: No i did not...I saw that it was google and I assumed that it was a search link....In thata case, I will take a look.

I have seen Romans 9-11 already mentioned in passing but in those pages the Bible answers this specific question very clearly.

Replacement theology is ignorant, presumptous, arrogant, and haughty and Paul knew this might be a stumbling block for the Gentiles, thus he said unto them (red applies to Gentiles, blue to Jews):

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.†20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.

(Romans 11:11-21)

Replacement theology completely disreguards that we the Gentiles are supported by the root of Israel and that we in turn could infact be "replaced", for God could break the Gentiles off again: "he may not spare you either" (speaking to the Gentile nations as a whole). Perhaps this will happen during the tribulation when all the "nations" follow the anti-Christ, and rather the 144,000 among the Jews will be saved? Who would be replaced then? (Note: However I believe that even during the tribulation some Gentiles may believe though the nations may not, just like how some Jews believe today, though this cannot be said for their nation.

Israel as a nation has been (for a short while - according to God's timeline) "broken off" while the Gentiles were grafted in their place, but in the end God will regraft Israel as a nation and no additional branches will necessarily have to be "broken off" in order to "make room" for the Jews. God's people will be in unity in the end after the tribulation, part of one tree as God has seen fit to grow together. Let us not presume that we have replaced the Jews, for God will restore them, and the current root on which we now stand is from the Jews.

I hope this has shed a little light on the issue.

God Bless,

~Josh

Nice post Josh... you explained some things well.

I have seen Romans 9-11 already mentioned in passing but in those pages the Bible answers this specific question very clearly.
You know, I break out in hives every time I see these chapters misappropriated. 8-) :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back