Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Responding to Flat-Earther Claims Regarding Meteors

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

AIG.com

Answers In Genesis
RSS Feed
Flat-earthers assert since no meteors have ever appeared to move upward, the conventional explanation for them must be wrong. Let us examine these two claims.

Continue reading...

Hi All,

Honestly, upward would have to be explained as relative to our position on the earth. As far as I know, there is no up or down in traveling through space.

God bless,
Ted

I'm interested as to why AIG normally says Genesis is entirely literal, but takes the Biblical description of the sky as a solid dome with windows in it through which rain falls, as figurative.

I'm interested as to why AIG normally says Genesis is entirely literal, but takes the Biblical description of the sky as a solid dome with windows in it through which rain falls, as figurative.
My guess would be that they don't see that explanation. I don't either. Where do the Scriptures say that the sky is a dome with windows in it through which rain falls? Although I imagine that's going to be when God speaks to Job of all the things that Job doesn't know.

God bless,
Ted

Genesis 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

raqia
noun masculineGenesis 1:6 extended surface, (solid) expanse (as if beaten out; compare Job 37:18); — absolute ׳ר Ezekiel 1:22 +, construct ׳רְ Genesis 1:14 +; — ᵐ5 στερέωμα, ᵑ9 firmamentum, compare Syriac below √above; —
1 (flat) expanse (as if of ice, compare כְּעֵין הַקֶּרַח), as base, support (WklAltor. Forsch. iv. 347) Ezekiel 1:22,23,25(gloss ? compare Co Toy), Ezekiel 1:26 (supporting ׳י's throne). Hence (CoEzekiel 1:22)

2 the vault of heaven, or 'firmament,' regarded by Hebrews as solid, and supporting 'waters' above it, Genesis 1:6,7 (3 t. in verse); Genesis 1:8 (called שָׁמַיַם; all P), Psalm 19:2 ("" הַשָּׁמַיַם), ׳זֹהַר הָר Daniel 12:3; also ׳ר הַשָּׁמִיִם Genesis 1:14,15,17, ׳הַשּׁ ׳עַלמְּֿנֵי ר Genesis 1:20 (all P). **רְקִיעַ עֻזּוֺ Psalm 150:1 (suffix reference to ׳י).

Back