Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Praise __] Romans 8:28

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I somehow (thankfully...) came to realize that God is in control and that He really does love me. I'm even starting to get over the involuntary "treatment" (read: heavy-handed, 1950s style shock 'treatments') I was given years ago. Thing about it is...

God seems to have made good of it for me. I don't put too much stock in IQ scores, but my estimate is higher now, so...well, I do seem to write better and understand material better, more quickly, more completely. Oh, cool thing...

I think being basically erased by shock 'treatments,' age 23, made it easier for The Lord to remake me, in terms of personality and such. And...honestly...who needs memories, when Jesus has seen me thru the dark years, saved+forgiven me, and brought me into The Light? Not that I'd recommend shock 'treatments' (or...really, most psychiatric 'treatment') to the vast majority of people. Now and then, it can be lifesaving. More often, it seems to destroy people, for no really good reason except..."you'd have to be crazy to go to a psychiatrist" LOL.

Now, of course...I have my new apt. Today is day 1! I'm blessed! I also find that my parents see something...different, in a good way...about me, as who I am now and who I am becoming, in Christ Jesus. Not that I'm perfect...far from it. I'm on disability, and I'm really not a very good "mental patient," either...I ask too many questions, I've pursued legal action against former shrinks, and...yeah. It is what it is, basically. And yet...

My parents are genuinely kind to me, I'm genuinely kind to them, and...life goes on, thans to Christ. I'm -thankful-, oh goodness...I am becoming more thankful by the day. In 21st century America, people like me end up dead, homeless, in prison and/or jail, etc., all the time. Marxists talk about "mental patients" as part of the permanent under-class, along with people w/ felonies. I see their point. I think more in terms of..."the expendables," and "the least of these," etc.

So...yeah...God is good! :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back