Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Satan's trap: Guilt-trip about evangelism...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

cyberjosh

Handy said something which reminded me of this topic, "Warren says that if Christians fail in their duty to evangelize...". Now I remember on more than one occasion when I would go home to my Mom and Dad's for the weekend after the school week was over and leave my dormroom, I would mention to my Dad how I was hurting inside that I wanted to reach out to the people at the dorm rooms who cared nothing for God and evangelize to them but that I hadn't been able to/seen the opportunity to, and my Dad told me that first of all it is one of Satan's biggest traps to try make us to feel compulsion to try to evangelize to someone. He said (and I knew it was the truth when he said it) that some people may not be ready to hear the Gospel because their heart may not be ready (it has to be prepared by God) and you trying to force a Gospel message on them may instead drive them further away. My Dad said to rather pray to God that he would open up doors and opportunities for me to evangelize (divine appointments) and to pray for readiness to give an account for the hope that is in me & to evangelize the good news to them. My Dad said that in all his years at work he has never sought out anyone to evangelize to them but rather that when God opened a clear opportunity he took it every time, and God moved.

I can also see that sometimes there is an unbiblical/unhealthy/overly heavy emphasis on evangelism from some churches, for the Word of God says that some plant and some water, also not all are called to be missionaries (so it may not be our calling to go out to people - though for some, such a missionaries, it is), although we must all be able & ready (our true "duty") to give a defense of our hope and to be able to relay the Gospel to others when they ask us. Don't let anyone lay a guilt-trip (like I let happen to me) for not being able to reach out to all the people around you, God desires as much as you that everyone would come to a saving knowledge of His word, but it is in His due time, with His perfect plan, and His Spirit that works in the situation. Just pray that God would open up those doors and they will be opened unto you.

God Bless,

~Josh

That is so true, because there are times when your in a situation where something comes up in a conversation with someone and it opens the doors for you to share with them about the Lord. I totally believe in divine appointments. And they come when you least expect them , so thats why the Bible tells us to be ready in season and out of season, to share at any given moment when the opportunity arises. And just remember, God's word never comes back void. :wink:

Josh,

I just want to say that I really appreciate the way you honor your father. It is such a blessing to me. I think your dad is right too. The Holy Spirit's leading is everything...a heart that has prepared soil is the perfect place for the Word to take root. Good topic. The Lord bless you.

Josh,

I just want to say that I really appreciate the way you honor your father. It is such a blessing to me.

Thanks. I admire my Dad and he has real Godly wisdom which, in my experience, is rare and I admire him for it. Whenever we talk about some issue on the Bible I almost always come away with a new revelation, and I can know he is speaking truth without even having to double check him sometimes (though I usually do so I can explain things to others). We've talked about Biblical meditation, the Holy Spirit, water baptism, gifts of the Spirit, intercessory prayer, evangelism, and many other things. I owe alot of my understanding to my Dad. I can always go to him when I have a question. I've even confided in him of past sins (somthing hard to do in a Father-son relationship) and he recieved it lovingly and prayed for me with no condemnation on me over the issue. How I wish God would bless me with wisdom like his!

I think your dad is right too. The Holy Spirit's leading is everything...a heart that has prepared soil is the perfect place for the Word to take root. Good topic. The Lord bless you.

Amen. Thanks.

God Bless,

~Josh

Josh,

You and your dad are a gift to one another, and your relationship reminds me of the following verse.

Mal 4:6And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

The Lord bless you.

Josh, your dad is so right about this and Praise God for him and you!

I pray my children will come to me about such things when they grow up and will have such a deep concern for wanting others to know Christ as you do! That is awesome, Josh. You are an inspiration and I see that your dad has instilled these things in you, through God. The Lord has really blessed you both!

Your post gave me goosebumps! :biggrin

I support what several have said about praying for God to prepare hearts & arrange divine appointments

Knowing that many folk are taught that prayer is all we need do, let Acts 1:8 & Matt 28 & Mark 16 reinforce what Christ tells all His followers to do

8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Romans 10 too

14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"[g]

Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

God bless!

Ian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back