Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Saving faith with works is saving faith by works

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Technically, faith logically precedes repentance;
I don't argue the logic of man's own faith, but only the truth of God's word.

Mark
{1:15} The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Sinful man must repent to believe God. Because the faith of sinners is not the faith of God.

Sinful man's faith is only to sin more, or less. God's faith is only to do His righteousness at all times.

repentance is the cause of faith which your statement infers.
It's not my inference, but God's word.

Acts
{3:19} Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Repentance is now commanded by God to all sinful men, for the cause of Jesus and His faith.

Sinners must repent of their sinning for Jesus' sake, to recieve the gift of God: Which is the faith of Jesus to sin not, and like the Son, to please the Father at all times as sons of God.

The faith of sinful man is his alone, not the righteous faith of God by Jesus Christ.

Without repenting of sinning, no man recieves the faith of Jesus to sin not, because he is hardened against repenting of his own sinning.

Sinful man's faith is his alone, not God's. Sinful man that preaches having faith alone, preaches having his own faith alone, not God's.

The gospel of having faith alone is man's alone, not God's. And so that gospel is having faith alone with continued sinning, not God's without sin.

John
{5:14} Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

1 Cor
{15:34} Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God:

1 John
{2:1} My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

Sinful man's faith alone is unbelief toward God. They do not believe His word to sin not, and declare it impossible not to sin.

The gospel of their faith alone is a self-fulfilling prophecy, that condemns their own souls to sinning unto death: Their faith alone says it is impossible for them to cease from sinning.

They prophecy their own sinning unto the grave, because they themselves say, that they cannot cease from sinning by their own faith alone.

If any man believes not the good news of God to sin not and only doing His will unto the end. Then let that man repent of his sinning for Jesus' sake, that he may receive the promised NT faith of Jesus Christ the righteous, that does not sin and only does those things pleasing to the Father:

John
He came unto his own, and his own received him not. {1:12} But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: {1:13} Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

2 Peter
{1:1} Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: {1:2} Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, {1:3} According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: {1:4} Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Rev
{14:12} Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Phillip
{4:13} I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Any man that repents of His sinning for Jesus' sake, will recieve His faith to do all things through His Spirit.

That is, all things pleasing to God. Not anything pleasing to the devil by sinning against God...

the end of the world, men ever leaning never able to come to the knowledge of the truth...to walk in truth and stop debating..

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

faith is the Son of God laying HIs life down, and what faith is on forums that seeks to show faith by words and pride...

Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

the end of the world, men ever leaning never able to come to the knowledge of the truth...to walk in truth and stop debating..

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
What is the truth?

We're all on a journey.

The desire to keep the law as a 'means' of Christ's Salvation directly opposes the idea that we are saved by Faith, and not by works of the law.
True. The faith of Jesus saves them that repent, from all works of the flesh, and not just of the law.

His faith includes salvation from works of our own righteousness, as well as our sacrifices and philanthropy in our own name.

Only those things done through the faith of Jesus from a pure heart, are pleasing and justified with the Father.

Sinful man's own faith alone can do good deeds, but they are only sinful man's boasting rights, not God's glory.

faith is the Son of God laying HIs life down,
True. That's Jesus' faith, which is only given to them that repent of their own works and sacrifices, that they lay down in their own name, and for their own crown and glory.

and what faith is on forums that seeks to show faith by words and pride...

That would be your's, since you're now displaying your faith on parade.

I hope your at least feeling some glory in it, because you certainly get no crown from me for it.

Maybe others will give you a kiss, and hope to get some pleasing words from you.

Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
Contention and confusion in the churches of God, only comes by disobedient unbelief in His words as written, and pushing other gospels and doctrines for their own crowning glory.

What is the truth?

We're all on a journey.
this is truth:

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

True. That's Jesus' faith, which is only given to them that repent of their own works and sacrifices, that they lay down in their own name, and for their own crown and glory.
It is given to them that thirst and hunger for righteousness...

Ezekiel 34:14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Luke 6:25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

They do not hunger and thirst after their own pasture, they do as testified, they are fed in a good pasture, by the good Shepherd who shows He goes before them...

John 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

this is truth:

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
You defined truth.
But neglected to state what it is.

I asked because we all think we have the truth.
It would be nice if we all acknowledged each other's differences with christianly love instead of scolding us for discussing.

The desire to keep the law as a 'means' of Christ's Salvation directly opposes the idea that we are saved by Faith, and not by works of the law.
There is a reason why such theologic jargon is used, rather than just preaching the simple truth that works without faith does not justify anyone with God. Even as faith without works.

Works without faith are vain, being alone, and faith without works is dead, being alone.

The decietfulness of the jargonese, is to mask the unrepented sinners' gospel of salvation by faith alone, without keeping the law of Christ.

They give lip service to doing the works of God, by making an ungodly 'doctrinal' separation between 'saving' faith and any works done, whether by faith or not. As though a person can have any faith with God, apart from doing His will, and especially when transgressing His law.

1 Cor
{10:4} And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. {10:5} But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. {10:6} Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. {10:7} Neither be ye idolaters, as [were] some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. {10:8} Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

We see here that all recieved the same faith in the Lord that delivered them and lead them. However, many fell by lust of transgression and disobedience to God, so that they did not enter into His promise.

Hebrews
{4:6} Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Moreover, we see here that God counted their faith as unbelief by disobedient works. So it is that faith with works of transgression is judged as unbelief toward God.

Heb
{6:1} Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

So long as transgressions continue, no man has received the faith of God, that saves the soul and the life.

The decietful dichotomy, that is taught to argue 'saving' faith vs works, is a clear ruse to preach salvation by faith with unrighteous works against Christ.

The gospel for unrepented sinners is not just being saved without works, but being justified with works of unrighteousness.

It's the same self-decieving lie of Korah and company, that were overthrown in the wilderness by wicked works, who also had their own faith alone about the God of Israel:

Numbers
{16:3} And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, [Ye take] too much upon you, seeing all the congregation [are] holy, every one of them, and the LORD [is] among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD?

They had their own faith and preached their own righteousness by their faith, as being equal with the obedient sons of God. And yet just as them at Sinai, they are destroyed by the unbelief of disobedience to the God of Israel.

They rose up among the righteous by faith with works, and declared them to be 'self-righteously above' others that also believe, and yet still transgress against Christ.

Sounds the same today. The gospel of saving faith, not by works, cannot even allow for the gospel of justified faith by works. They must attack any and all works, whether godly or not, has having anything to do with being saved by their faith alone.

Why? Because like Korah and company, they declare themselves righteous and holy with God by their own faith alone, even while making themselves enemies of the Lord, and His righteous sons, by works of disobedience against Christ.

{2:1} Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

{2:2} The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed,[saying,]{2:3} Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

Doting diatribes about 'means' of salvation, and wordgames of 'by' is not the same as 'with', and worst of all setting faith against works, is the deceitful doctrine of unrepented sinners, whose own faith alone is counted by God's word, as being heathen unbelief by transgression of His law, and seeking to brake it from binding their faith to doing His will.

Titus
{1:16} They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him,]

The dirty little secret and devil in the gospel of being saved only by faith and not justified by works, is that it's not even a gospel of saving faith without works, but is their gospel of having a faith of their own that saves them, with works of unrighteousness.

God calls any such faith with disobedience to Him, heathen unbelief and rebellion against His law.

It is given to them that thirst and hunger for righteousness...

True. By repenting of our own sinning for Jesus' sake, we can now hunger and thirst to do only His righteous will.

Byy His faith sown in the promised whole new heart for God, we can now certainly believe in and do His righteousness at all times.

Psalms
{62:8} Trust in him at all times; [ye] people, pour out your heart before him: God [is] a refuge for us. Selah.
{106:3} Blessed [are] they that keep judgment, [and] he that doeth righteousness at all times.
{119:20} My soul breaketh for the longing [that it hath] unto thy judgments at all times.

Romans
{10:9} That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. {10:10} For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Yes I will go straight to your idea that the Jews will turn to Christ. ( the majority)

The word of God had to be first spoken to Israel, Israel turned away, the apostles turned to the Gentiles.
Yes, like Paul said in Rom.11. But a remnant of Israel did not... turn away. So we cannot 'generalize' in this like some brethren do who are taught to hate the unbelieving Jews.

Paul testified both to the Jews and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

( Acts 20 shows how many thousands of Jews believed in Christ.)
I never said none of the Jews believed. Apostle Paul is who showed in Rom.11 that a portion of Israel God had 'preserved' unto Himself, and that is the "remnant according to the election of grace", which group of Israelites Paul himself was counted within.

Then Paul said, "Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded." (Rom.11:7)

So there, what Apostle Paul himself said in Romans 11, is my basis for saying the MAJORITY of Jews, Paul's brethren, were put under God's Blindness, so The Gospel would go to the Gentiles.

There is nothing more else to it than that, and I am going on what Paul himself said. So in case you have a problem with what Paul said, then maybe you ought to pray to our Heavenly Father through His Son about it.

Rom 11:7-14
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

9 And David saith, 'Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling block, and a recompence unto them:
10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.'

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
KJV

This is why we ask for clarification.

And I only ask, because there are antinomians, that do preach against keeping the law of Christ at all. They make the law adversarial to faith: Having faith and keeping the law becomes mutually exclusive. They say the law of God was killed with Jesus on the cross, and is now dead to God and faith.
Well, any attempt to use 'law keeping' in relation to Faith on Jesus Christ is not... The Gospel. Keeping God's law is only a 'result' of Faith on The Gospel of Jesus Christ. It cannot replace our 1st believe on Jesus' death and resurrection for the remission of sins, which is The Gospel.

The Scripture is simple, and that is what those in Christ should follow, not men's philosophy like the Pharisee converts to Christ that the Apostles were having problems with that told the Gentiles that they must be flesh circumcised to be saved in Christ.

Rom 4:1-5
1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
KJV

Furthermore, in Galatians 3, Apostle Paul said all those of Faith are the "children of Abraham". That means... The Gospel Promise by Faith was always 1st, before the giving of the law, which was 430 years later.

Gal 3:6-14
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, 'In thee shall all nations be blessed.'
So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
KJV

God forbid. How else can grace abound, without disobeying the law of God??

Deut
{4:40} Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong [thy] days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever

{8:6} Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the
LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.

{28:9} The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.

No sinner likes a pushy LORD God.

C'mon God! Why be so pushy all the time? Where's the love?

Who's being pushy? God certainly is not. He is simply asking us to 'listen' to Him in His Word instead of Satan's workers that lie.

You can quote the whole of the Old Testament while leaving out the Gospel Promise first given through Abraham by... Faith, and you will not change anything. Apostle Paul in Galatians 3 and Romans 4, foundation Books of Christian Doctrine, made it very plain that The Gospel Promise by Faith was always 1st, before the law. Abraham believed God, and God counted Abraham's Faith as righteousness, per Galatians 3 and Romans 4.

True. The faith of Jesus saves them that repent, from all works of the flesh, and not just of the law.

His faith includes salvation from works of our own righteousness, as well as our sacrifices and philanthropy in our own name.

Only those things done through the faith of Jesus from a pure heart, are pleasing and justified with the Father.

Sinful man's own faith alone can do good deeds, but they are only sinful man's boasting rights, not God's glory.
I really try not to include ideas like 'works of our own righteousness' with Scripture ideas about the Promise by Faith, which has nothing to do with the law.

And I have to laugh at some who wrongly try... to link one's 1st belief on Jesus Christ as 'work' of the law. That's just how deluded some folks are with the concept of God's law and their flesh. They cannot seem to separate even 'belief' on Jesus Christ from law keeping.

There is a reason why such theologic jargon is used, rather than just preaching the simple truth that works without faith does not justify anyone with God. Even as faith without works.

Works without faith are vain, being alone, and faith without works is dead, being alone.
I disagree 'strongly'... with your premise, for it is not written. To try and link 'works of the law' with Faith is not an idea written in God's Word, not even by Apostle James.

Even in the Book of James, what James taught was that if... we have Faith, then we should have works in Christ to prove it. Well, what must one have in order to be 'saved'? Works? Absolutely not, as Apostle Paul was very clear that we are not saved by 'works', but by Faith. And Paul in Gal.3 even said that works is not Faith, means works is not the same concept as Faith. So we cannot insinuate things like Faith = works either. Works are simply a 'result', and that's all.

Paul even revealed this difference between the Promise by Faith on Jesus Christ vs. keeping the law among the Gentiles that become a law unto themselves...

Rom 2:14-15
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
KJV

Does that mean those Gentiles by doing that, even before... they had even heard The Gospel, that by nature doing the things in the law, that saves them? No! They must still... BELIEVE on the Name of Jesus Christ in order to be saved. And that is what I have been saying all along, right in line with The Scriptures.

Acts 4:10-12
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Whom ye crucified, Whom God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
KJV

And what I really want to know, is that since the The Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the Promise by Faith which God first gave to Abraham, even 430 years before the law, why have the unbelieving Jews rejected that teaching from The Old Testament? Apostle Paul made it very clear as a teaching from the Old Testament in Romans 4 and Galatians 3, and Paul was trained under the best Hebrew scholar of his day, Gamaliel. So why... didn't the unbelieving Jews heed that about Abraham and the Promise by Faith of The Gospel?

Even at the tail end of the Gospel of John 8, Lord Jesus revealed that He met Abraham, and that Abraham rejoiced to see His day, and was glad. Then those unbelieving Jews mocked Christ, because it meant Jesus would have had to have lived back in Abraham's day. Then Jesus said,

John 8:57-58
57 Then said the Jews unto Him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?"
58 Jesus said unto them, "
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."
KJV

The "I AM" is one of God's sacred names. Right there Jesus was saying that He is God.

You defined truth.
But neglected to state what it is.

I asked because we all think we have the truth.
It would be nice if we all acknowledged each other's differences with christianly love instead of scolding us for discussing.

Can we be scolded for doing truth, could we have differences in doing as Jesus did.

The forums are testified to, it was time 2000 years ago to leave all we had, to follow Christ into death then life, it is not time to talk as if He never came and showed the way, by not doing the very same love as He did to lay HIs life down, even for the ungrateful.

No other voice is to be heard, only one is worthy, the Pharisees are a comparison, they touch nothing with one of their fingers. ( good talkers.)

True. By repenting of our own sinning for Jesus' sake, we can now hunger and thirst to do only His righteous will.

Byy His faith sown in the promised whole new heart for God, we can now certainly believe in and do His righteousness at all times.

Psalms
{62:8} Trust in him at all times; [ye] people, pour out your heart before him: God [is] a refuge for us. Selah.
{106:3} Blessed [are] they that keep judgment, [and] he that doeth righteousness at all times.
{119:20} My soul breaketh for the longing [that it hath] unto thy judgments at all times.

Romans
{10:9} That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. {10:10} For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
The righteous will is to come out from among sinners, not be as them.

Ephesians 6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

There is nothing more else to it than that, and I am going on what Paul himself said. So in case you have a problem with what Paul said, then maybe you ought to pray to our Heavenly Father through His Son about it.
Yes there is nothing to say, the majority are blinded as they were told by Christ..

Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

John 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

The children of the flesh being not the children of God, but the children of the pomise believed. That is all Israel saved. ( not all wjho are of Israel, are Israel.)

I really try not to include ideas like 'works of our own righteousness' with Scripture ideas about the Promise by Faith, which has nothing to do with the law.

And I have to laugh at some who wrongly try... to link one's 1st belief on Jesus Christ as 'work' of the law. That's just how deluded some folks are with the concept of God's law and their flesh. They cannot seem to separate even 'belief' on Jesus Christ from law keeping.
You keep talking about promise which is good, to remind again of the ones of Israel are the only ones who have non devil ( faith) in Christ, the others have evil minds/hearts..

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Romans 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Galatians 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Galatians 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Back