Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sexual Intimacy in Marriage

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well, I already have said I was young. I figured you'd guess around those ages.

I'm not emmbarrased to answer any questions either, except for my age :lol:

featherbop:
I feel like the only person on earth that is like me.
I fell like an alien, everyone I tell my beliefs to shun me from believing that.
I feel the same way about myself... i look at things from MANY different angles in order to have a better idea of something; and when it's all said and done, i don't go with the idea i like the most, i go with the one that makes the most sense... and usually, people disagree with me (esp when it goes against the "norm" or what they've grown up believing... traditions are hard to break), and when i try to give my examples and ideas, they just say stuff like "whatever, you're stupid, what do you know..." but deep inside i feel like i know something and everyone else is just nuts (for lack of better words). :biggrin

anyway, i think sex is FAR more important than people want to give credit... attraction is really really really really important as shallow as that sounds, it's true. Sure someone's personality can slightly change their physical appearance to you... (which may add to or take away from the sexual attraction). But a healthy sex life (while not the ONLY thing) is a very IMPORTANT thing in a healthy marriage.

now, yeah, y'all can throw in, what if they "can't" have sex? well, then that's when you find out if your love is true or not. i'm sure you didn't marry this person when they couldn't have sex... something happened along the line. then again, i'm only a human w/ more testoterone than a man should probably have.... i could be wrong.

Droopfeather said:
Well, yeah, its for pleasure also, otherwise people would'nt be married or want to procreate if it wasn't like this.

Those are the only two things I see that makes a successful marriage:sex, procreation.

Other than those 2, there'd be no point to it all.

I am afraid that if sex and procreation was what made a successful marriage then there would be no divorce. However neither has anything to do with making a successful marriage. What does make a marriage is love and respect for one another and above all for the Lord. The sex is simply icing on the cake and even that can passaway and still have a successful and filling marriage if it is of the Lord.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back