Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should men judge God?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
O

ourfamily1

God: "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children"

The loving creator of the universe apparently instructed people to slay the old and young, little children and women without pity. I am wondering how you feel about this.

The above is the subject of a post at another message board. Here is my response to it:

Death is NOT WHAT MEN THINK ...

That order is horrible and barbaric to the IGNORANT human mind. But God is the Husbandman-Father who sowed good seed in the field called the earth! He may reap the fields (remove men) at his discretion. Redemption of the children occurs at the point of death which "circumcises" the children (removes flesh and blood) which cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

"Judge not according to appearance" nor "after the flesh"

Revelation 9:6. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Revelation 6:9. And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11. And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Revelation 5:9. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10. And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

John 5:25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Hosea 13:14. I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Ecclesiastes 12: 7. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Ecclesiastes 4:2. Wherefore I praised the dead which are already dead more than the living which are yet alive. 3. Yea, better is he than both they, which hath not yet been, who hath not seen the evil work that is done under the sun.

Luke 15:20. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. 21. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. 22. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: 23. And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: 24. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Isaiah 25:6. And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined. 7. And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. 8. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.

Man needs to refrain from attempting to judge God's works! Humans stand in gross IGNORANCE. There is so much not revealed to men. Death is not what men think! What it is ... is revealed in this post!

"Judge not that ye be not judged" looms large in this string!

John,
ourfamily1 :wink: :tongue :biggrin

ourfamily1 said:
The above is the subject of a post at another message board. Here is my response to it:

Death is NOT WHAT MEN THINK ...

Man needs to refrain from attempting to judge God's works! Humans stand in gross IGNORANCE. There is so much not revealed to men. Death is not what men think! What it is ... is revealed in this post!

"Judge not that ye be not judged" looms large in this string!

John,
ourfamily1 :wink: :tongue :biggrin

Are you saying all people go to heaven regardless? It reminds me of one of my kids movies, "All dogs go to Heaven", but we know in Scripture that they do not.
GMS

John
Now you know that preaching universal salvation is against the tos of this site and you have been warned once...Consider this formal warning number 2...One more warning and you will be banned.

Back