Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should women teach in the church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
:screwloose2:screwloose2 so then tell me when does the HOLY SPIRIT come to us? at the new birth or someone laying hands on you... the spirit comes to us at the new birth. read your Bible and the scriptures i posted is a promise to us sealed and giveb the earnest of the spirit the Moment we are saved
When we confess our sins and invite Jesus to come into our hearts, we are born again of the Spirit.

Last edited:
Melchizedek is dead, we have a new eternal High Priest, and we live in a new dispensation. The old order is no more, it has been disposed of.
Thanks be to God.
Thanks be to God for allowing us to crucify the flesh with the affection and lusts so we can walk after the Spirit and in freedom from sin.

When we confess our sins and invite Jesus to come into our hearts, we are born again of the Spirit.
I wonder why Paul didn't tell that to the twelve at Ephesus in Acts 19 ?
I wonder why Philip or the apostles didn't tell that to the Samarians in Acts 8 ?

Jethro,

That's your version of "imposing authority" of the meaning of authanteiv. Why couldn't it mean imposing authority means the gift of bishop is prevented from women having that authority?

Oz
If I understand what you're saying correctly, that is what it means.

Women are not permitted to seize authority over a man that does not belong to them by reason of order of creation, and the fact that Eve was deceived, not Adam. Paul refers to it as a seizure of authority because they are not entitled to it. Thus the unique use of the word 'authentein' in this one place in all of NT scripture. It's a verb. It's the unauthorized seizure of authority. When a woman is in authority over a man that is what she has done. She has laid hold of authority that she is not permitted to have by reason of the creation account. I think that's exactly what Genesis 3:16 is talking about. The curse that women have to deal with in this life is the desire to rule over the man and possess an authority that she is not entitled to possess but which she longs for. We all have our curses as a result of the fall that we have to deal with in this life. That just happens to be the one women have to deal with.

Last edited:
Thanks be to God.
Thanks be to God for allowing us to crucify the flesh with the affection and lusts so we can walk after the Spirit and in freedom from sin.
Salvation is of God. The only thing we need do is to come to Jesus with a contrite and repentant heart. I'm not sure if Calvinists feel the need to do this.

Last edited:
I wonder why Paul didn't tell that to the twelve at Ephesus in Acts 19 ?
I wonder why Philip or the apostles didn't tell that to the Samarians in Acts 8 ?
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Jas_5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Jesus said,
“except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:3 KJV)

What say the Calvinists?

Last edited:
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Jas_5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Jesus said,
“except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:3 KJV)

What say the Calvinists?
You will have to ask one.
I am pretty sure they don't believe water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins is necessary for salvation either.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back