Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

So if we understand all Prophecies and Scripture, Doctrine.., what more do we need?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

reddogs

We find the following in Gods Word..
2 Corinthians 9:6
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully, shall reap also bountifully.

This seems clear that God asks for us more than just to give miserly, since it follows in the next verse with '7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.'

And we see..
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

If we lack love (charity) we are nothing..

And in another place we find Christ telling the religious leaders and learned men...
Matthew 22:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

So we can be right about doctrine or prophecy and know the Bible word for word, from front to back, and yet........

What is fullness of belief that is needed by a true Christian..

We find the following in Gods Word..
2 Corinthians 9:6
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully, shall reap also bountifully.

This seems clear that God asks for us more than just to give miserly, since it follows in the next verse with '7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.'

And we see..
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

If we lack love (charity) we are nothing..

And in another place we find Christ telling the religious leaders and learned men...
Matthew 22:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

So we can be right about doctrine or prophecy and know the Bible word for word, from front to back, and yet........

greetings
if I may
and I add find the following in God's Word...True Christians the Church, the body

we read in Phil 2:3-5 Doing nothing through envy or through pride, but with low thoughts of self-let everyone take others to be better than himself; Not looking everyone to his private good, but keeping in mind the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was in Christ Jesus,

Phil 1:15-17 Though some are preaching Christ out of envy and competition, others do it out of a good heart: These do it from love, conscious that I am responsible for the cause of the good news: But those are preaching Christ in a spirit of competition, not from their hearts, but with the purpose of giving me pain in my prison.

2 Cor 1:12 For our glory is in this, in the knowledge which we have that our way of life in the world, and most of all in relation to you, has been holy and true in the eyes of God; not in the wisdom of the flesh, but in the grace of God.

Titus 1:9-10 Keeping to the true word of the teaching, so that he may be able to give comfort by right teaching and overcome the arguments of the doubters. For there are men who are not ruled by law; foolish talkers, false teachers, especially those of the circumcision,

Phil 1:16-17 These do it from love, conscious that I am responsible for the cause of the good news: But those are preaching Christ in a spirit of competition, not from their hearts, but with the purpose of giving me pain in my prison.

2 Cor 12:20 For I have a fear that, when I come, you may not be answering to my desire, and that I may not be answering to yours; that there may be fighting, hate, angry feeling, divisions, evil talk about others, secrets, thoughts of pride, outbursts against authority.

Prov 30:11-14 There is a generation who put a curse on their father and do not give a blessing to their mother. There is a generation who seem to themselves to be free from sin but are not washed from their unclean ways. There is a generation, O how full of pride are their eyes! O how their brows are lifted up! There is a generation whose teeth are like swords, their strong teeth like knives, for the destruction of the poor from the earth, and of those who are in need from among men.

Prov 11:24-26 A man may give freely, and still, his wealth will be increased; another may keep back more than is right, but only comes to be in need. He who gives blessing will be made fat, but the curser will himself be cursed. He who keeps back grain will be cursed by the people, but a blessing will be on the head of him who lets them have it for a price.

1 Cor 11:27-34 If then, anyone takes the bread or the cup of the Lord in the wrong spirit, he will be responsible for the body and blood of the Lord. But let no man take of the bread and the cup without testing himself. For a man puts himself in danger, if he takes part in the holy meal without being conscious that it is the Lord's body.
For this cause, a number of you are feeble and ill, and a number are dead. But if we were true judges of ourselves, punishment would not come to us. But if punishment does come, it is sent by the Lord, so that we may be safe when the world is judged. So then, my brothers, when you come together to the holy meal of the Lord, let there be waiting for one another. If any man is in need of food, let him take his meal in his house; so that you may not come together to your damage. And the rest I will put in order when I come.

Malachi 3: 16 - 18 Then those in whom was the fear of the Lord had talked together: and the Lord gave ear, and it was recorded in a book to be kept in mind before him, for those who had the fear of the Lord and gave thought to his name. And they will be mine, says the Lord, in the day when I make them my special property; and I will have mercy on them as a man has mercy on his son who is his servant. Then you will again see how the upright man is different from the sinner, and the servant of God from him who is not.

1 Tim 3:1-7 This is a true saying, A man desiring the position of a Bishop has a desire for a good work. The Bishop, then, is to be a man of good name, the husband of one wife, self-controlled, serious-minded, having respect for order, opening his house freely to guests, a ready teacher; Not quickly moved to wrath or blows, but gentle; no fighter, no lover of money; Ruling his house well, having his children under control with all serious behavior; (For if a man has not the art of ruling his house, how will he take care of the church of God?) Not one newly taken into the church, for fear that, through his high opinion of himself, he may come into the same sin as the Evil One.
And he is to have a good name among those outside the church, so that nothing may be said against him, and he may not be taken by the designs of the Evil One.

Who has Authority over God’s Church?
The Book of Acts begins in Jerusalem with the disciples huddled were illuminated, in a room on the Day of Pentecost.

But recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with suffering:
Heb 10:32 (NKJV)

Then the Holy Spirit came upon them and authorized them to be His witnesses.
The rest of the Acts describe the ripple effect of that great event. Jesus’ followers first witnessed the world.

Acts 4:19-20 But Peter and John in answer said to them, It is for you to say if it is right in the eyes of God to give attention to you more than to God: 20 For it is not possible for us to keep from saying what we have seen and have knowledge of. 21 And when they had said sharper words to them, they let them go, not seeing what punishment they might give them, because of the people; for all men were giving praise to God for what had taken place.

When human authority rejects God’s authority, it becomes twisted and loses its right to demand compliance
(Acts 4: 5:29). From the beginning, God’s people have resisted any command that was against God’s will.

Matt 28:18-20 All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Go then, and make disciples of all the nations, giving them baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: Teaching them to keep all the rules which I have given you: and see, I am ever with you, even to the end of the world.

Phil 2:9-11 For this reason God has put him in the highest place and has given to him the name which is greater than every name; 1So that at the name of Jesus every knee may be bent, of those in heaven and those on earth and those in the underworld, And that every tongue may give witness that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Heb 2:4-9 (KJV) God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honor, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

Zech 3:6-7 And the angel of the Lord made a statement to Joshua, and said, 7 These are the words of the Lord of armies: If you will go in my ways and keep what I have put in your care, then you will be judge over my Temple and have the care of my house, and I will give you the right to come in among those who are there.

Joshua was decommissioned as the nation’s high priest. For his faithfulness, he was promised the privilege of exercising authority over God’s temple-My house-and its courts.

a little meat but not milk Hebrews 5: 12
thank you

Last edited:
Isaiah 58 😊
does anyone understand what the Lord is saying? The passage of scriptures, above

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
For I come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Matt 10:34-36 (KJV)

the Lord is saying that this type of church or churches has become a harbor, that true Christians are indulging in sexual morality, what you can't see He sees everything, every thought ( 2 Corinthians 10: 5)
Christ does not have a human heart, Satan's thoughts are that of men, don't confuse Christ or the Holy Spirit as such, or are doomed forevermore

Under the law: Tartarus is hell, and Shoel is a place of outer darkness.

2 Peter 2:4 (ASV)
For if God spared not angels when they sinned, but cast them down to hell, (falling angels domain (Tartarus) and committed them to pits of darkness, (the grave those who are dead in sin (sheol) to be reserved unto judgment. Men and women

Sheol is the grave, a place of darkness, this is a place where Lazarus was resurrected from this place.
those under the law, but those are not, knows for the Holy Spirit is in them

when the Lord says, the gates of Hell, will not prevail, because Hell is contained, they will not go any further
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
James 1:15 (KJV)

Grace has a limit
Romans 5: 20
Christians must be tried by fire, you can not avoid the tried
the chosen one the anointed they are redeemed, for all sins

Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints?
Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How many more, things that pertain to this life?

If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge?
1 Cor 6:1-4 (NKJV)

greetings
if I may
and I add find the following in God's Word...True Christians the Church, the body

we read in Phil 2:3-5 Doing nothing through envy or through pride, but with low thoughts of self-let everyone take others to be better than himself; Not looking everyone to his private good, but keeping in mind the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was in Christ Jesus,

Phil 1:15-17 Though some are preaching Christ out of envy and competition, others do it out of a good heart: These do it from love, conscious that I am responsible for the cause of the good news: But those are preaching Christ in a spirit of competition, not from their hearts, but with the purpose of giving me pain in my prison.

2 Cor 1:12 For our glory is in this, in the knowledge which we have that our way of life in the world, and most of all in relation to you, has been holy and true in the eyes of God; not in the wisdom of the flesh, but in the grace of God.

Titus 1:9-10 Keeping to the true word of the teaching, so that he may be able to give comfort by right teaching and overcome the arguments of the doubters. For there are men who are not ruled by law; foolish talkers, false teachers, especially those of the circumcision,

Phil 1:16-17 These do it from love, conscious that I am responsible for the cause of the good news: But those are preaching Christ in a spirit of competition, not from their hearts, but with the purpose of giving me pain in my prison.

2 Cor 12:20 For I have a fear that, when I come, you may not be answering to my desire, and that I may not be answering to yours; that there may be fighting, hate, angry feeling, divisions, evil talk about others, secrets, thoughts of pride, outbursts against authority.

Prov 30:11-14 There is a generation who put a curse on their father and do not give a blessing to their mother. There is a generation who seem to themselves to be free from sin but are not washed from their unclean ways. There is a generation, O how full of pride are their eyes! O how their brows are lifted up! There is a generation whose teeth are like swords, their strong teeth like knives, for the destruction of the poor from the earth, and of those who are in need from among men.

Prov 11:24-26 A man may give freely, and still, his wealth will be increased; another may keep back more than is right, but only comes to be in need. He who gives blessing will be made fat, but the curser will himself be cursed. He who keeps back grain will be cursed by the people, but a blessing will be on the head of him who lets them have it for a price.

1 Cor 11:27-34 If then, anyone takes the bread or the cup of the Lord in the wrong spirit, he will be responsible for the body and blood of the Lord. But let no man take of the bread and the cup without testing himself. For a man puts himself in danger, if he takes part in the holy meal without being conscious that it is the Lord's body.
For this cause, a number of you are feeble and ill, and a number are dead. But if we were true judges of ourselves, punishment would not come to us. But if punishment does come, it is sent by the Lord, so that we may be safe when the world is judged. So then, my brothers, when you come together to the holy meal of the Lord, let there be waiting for one another. If any man is in need of food, let him take his meal in his house; so that you may not come together to your damage. And the rest I will put in order when I come.

Malachi 3: 16 - 18 Then those in whom was the fear of the Lord had talked together: and the Lord gave ear, and it was recorded in a book to be kept in mind before him, for those who had the fear of the Lord and gave thought to his name. And they will be mine, says the Lord, in the day when I make them my special property; and I will have mercy on them as a man has mercy on his son who is his servant. Then you will again see how the upright man is different from the sinner, and the servant of God from him who is not.

1 Tim 3:1-7 This is a true saying, A man desiring the position of a Bishop has a desire for a good work. The Bishop, then, is to be a man of good name, the husband of one wife, self-controlled, serious-minded, having respect for order, opening his house freely to guests, a ready teacher; Not quickly moved to wrath or blows, but gentle; no fighter, no lover of money; Ruling his house well, having his children under control with all serious behavior; (For if a man has not the art of ruling his house, how will he take care of the church of God?) Not one newly taken into the church, for fear that, through his high opinion of himself, he may come into the same sin as the Evil One.
And he is to have a good name among those outside the church, so that nothing may be said against him, and he may not be taken by the designs of the Evil One.

Who has Authority over God’s Church?
The Book of Acts begins in Jerusalem with the disciples huddled were illuminated, in a room on the Day of Pentecost.

But recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with suffering:
Heb 10:32 (NKJV)

Then the Holy Spirit came upon them and authorized them to be His witnesses.
The rest of the Acts describe the ripple effect of that great event. Jesus’ followers first witnessed the world.

Acts 4:19-20 But Peter and John in answer said to them, It is for you to say if it is right in the eyes of God to give attention to you more than to God: 20 For it is not possible for us to keep from saying what we have seen and have knowledge of. 21 And when they had said sharper words to them, they let them go, not seeing what punishment they might give them, because of the people; for all men were giving praise to God for what had taken place.

When human authority rejects God’s authority, it becomes twisted and loses its right to demand compliance
(Acts 4: 5:29). From the beginning, God’s people have resisted any command that was against God’s will.

Matt 28:18-20 All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Go then, and make disciples of all the nations, giving them baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: Teaching them to keep all the rules which I have given you: and see, I am ever with you, even to the end of the world.

Phil 2:9-11 For this reason God has put him in the highest place and has given to him the name which is greater than every name; 1So that at the name of Jesus every knee may be bent, of those in heaven and those on earth and those in the underworld, And that every tongue may give witness that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Heb 2:4-9 (KJV) God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honor, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

Zech 3:6-7 And the angel of the Lord made a statement to Joshua, and said, 7 These are the words of the Lord of armies: If you will go in my ways and keep what I have put in your care, then you will be judge over my Temple and have the care of my house, and I will give you the right to come in among those who are there.

Joshua was decommissioned as the nation’s high priest. For his faithfulness, he was promised the privilege of exercising authority over God’s temple-My house-and its courts.

a little meat but not milk Hebrews 5: 12
thank you
Yet where is he today, dead and buried as dust in the ground. Need to focus on Christ who leads us and is our high priest (and advocate) in the heavenly sanctuary.

does anyone understand what the Lord is saying? The passage of scriptures, above

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
For I come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Matt 10:34-36 (KJV)

the Lord is saying that this type of church or churches has become a harbor.....
No, actually the Messiah meant He came to divide the sheep from the goats, even between people we grew up with in the same house, fathers, sons, mothers daughters, etc.
Under the law: Tartarus is hell, and Shoel is a place of outer darkness.
I think we need to get used to the idea that Jesus revealed how unsaved people are already dead walking in darkness,

The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead. Pro.21:16 KJV

you hath he quickened, who were dead Eph.2:1 KJV

This physical world is real, but it's an image of a real spirit world, rebellion and all. The only difference is fallen angels who are in darkess seem to have no hope of reconcilliation. Only dead humans in darkness do. That is very odd.

Fullness of Jesus' faith to only do the good and righteous will of the Father from a pure heart.

This is only recieved and done by repenting from all our sins and trespasses for Jesus' sake.

1 Cor
{9:24} Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. {9:25} And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. {9:26} I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: {9:27} But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Fullness of Jesus' faith to only do the good and righteous will of the Father from a pure heart.

This is only recieved and done by repenting from all our sins and trespasses for Jesus' sake.

1 Cor
{9:24} Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. {9:25} And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. {9:26} I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: {9:27} But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
Do you then turn from sin and iniquity, or continue in it...

Do you then turn from sin and iniquity, or continue in it...
Turn from, if we repent and obey the Lord.

Eze 18:21
But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Eze 33:11
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Act 14:15

And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Those who continue in their sins and trespasses, yet believe they are saved by their faith alone, are those who repent not at all, or those who only repent half-heartedly.

There are also them that repent to become sons, but latter repent to turn again to their old sins and trespasses.

2 Cor 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:

2Pe 2:21
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

The unrepented never recieved the saving and justifying faith of Jesus, and the sons that repent of their repentance are them that bastardize their saving faith from the Lord, to become apostate cast aways.

Only those that repent of all their transgressions for the Lord's sake, do recieve His saving grace and faith into a whole new pure heart and life of Christ, and endure temptation and tribulation unto the end, shall be eternally saved in the resurrection of the dead unto life.

Heb
{5:8} Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; {5:9} And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

As Jesus Stated, prostitues and thieves will enterheaven before pastors and priests and religious people.....

A three year old trusting Jesus , single eye, single mind devoted to Jesus.....
better than any scholarly worldly knowledge or assurance without trust.

So many false teachings onthe interent, instead of trusting Jesus.
Who can escape this life of darkness and duplicity ?

angels-watching-over-earth.webp
But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
Romans 2:2-3 (NKJV)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back