Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Some Thoughts On The Religion Of Evolution.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
here it is in hebrew:

7וַיִּיצֶר֩ יְהוָ֨ה אֱלֹהִ֜ים אֶת־הָֽאָדָ֗ם עָפָר֙ מִן־הָ֣אֲדָמָ֔ה וַיִּפַּ֥ח בְּאַפָּ֖יו נִשְׁמַ֣ת חַיִּ֑ים וַֽיְהִ֥י הָֽאָדָ֖ם לְנֶ֥פֶשׁ חַיָּֽה׃

afar - dry earth - dust

h'adamah - the ground - red earth

doesn't equate to slimy primordial ooze no matter how hard you try

6הֵן־אֲנִ֣י כְפִ֣יךָ לָאֵ֑ל מֵ֝חֹ֗מֶר קֹרַ֥צְתִּי גַם־אָֽנִי׃

m'chomer - clay cement mortar

again - no slimy primordial ooze here

More problem arise for the theo-evos......God breathed the breath of life into the "dust".....and it became a living being.

Kinda makes me think the photo-adam...well, was lifeless.

Jesus is a bit more explicit in Matthew, but I've had "faith only" people tell me that if one has faith, works will follow as Jesus requires of us for salvation. And that's a good answer, I think.

Having PhDs in paleontology, biology, etc. does indeed mean they know what the evidence is.

Sure. Someone who already has a bias toward the new doctrine of creationism will discount the evidence for evolution. But Christians like Francis Collins who had no such bias, find evolution to be no conflict with their faith.

Sure. Discovery Institute fellow Jonathan Wells, for example, studied biology because his Unification Church master gave him a "mission to destroy evolution." Accordingly, his bias kept him from accepting the evidence.

Most of us are theists of some kind, mostly Christians. There are very, very few PhDs in biology who reject evolution, even the majority of us who are theists.

See the thread above. Knowing what one is talking about, is a definite advantage.
First do you believe that you need works to be saved?

Second, I write about people misinterpreting and rejecting evidence and you act as if this is only a problem for creationists and ignore that these problems also strongly effect evolutionists. As I have stated before there are many people with PhDs who are wrong and they are not all creationists. People with degrees can often be wrong especially when their entire belief is on a erroneous premise. Just because people have a PhD does not mean they automatically know more than others without, especially when all of the "discoveries" are published for the public.

Thirdly, if you think that arguing from authority is not a logical fallacy, then I dont know what to say because that's one of the easiest rules to learn in debate. And believing what someone says without testing them is also a major error in philosophy and life.

Lastly, it would help you out alot if you can provide some scripture that mentions the process of evolution. I have a feeling that you actually know very little about the bible. But that can't be proven since you can google any question that I ask you.

More problem arise for the theo-evos......God breathed the breath of life into the "dust".....and it became a living being.

Kinda makes me think the photo-adam...well, was lifeless.
yes - i agree - creationists can have an awesome discussion on all these aspects

i tend to say as little as possible to evolutionists because i don't find it pays to say much

but yes in hebrew it says God went face to face and breathed life into Adam - almost sounds like a loving kiss of the breath of life - like you would kiss your tiny newborn baby on the face

in hebrew it is very clear that we are very special to God

in fact God's name YHVH in the Torah is written top to bottom instead of the usual right to left - which creates a mini picture of a man - meaning God did make us in His image - we are a very special creation

Study #15 HEI

So clay, cement, mortar, isn't slimy?

C'mon.
slimy primordial ooze? - no -

i have worked with clay and firing kilns and glaze and it is not at all slimy

in fact clay is so dry you need to keep your hands wet to keep the clay wet as you work with it

and when you are done working with clay your hands are very dry and need moisturizing

thus the scripture that says we were made from dry earth or dust

Ive always interpreted the bible saying that we came from dust as that our bodies are made out of the same basic chemicals that we can often find in the ground. I mean actually looking at the chemicals that make up our bodies, well it's amazing the creative design that God can accomplish with materials that are so cheap. That just goes to show that our real value comes from God breathing life into us.

Ive always interpreted the bible saying that we came from dust as that our bodies are made out of the same basic chemicals that we can often find in the ground. I mean actually looking at the chemicals that make up our bodies, well it's amazing the creative design that God can accomplish with materials that are so cheap. That just goes to show that our real value comes from God breathing life into us.

Good point

That's a good point. So why not just accept it His way? All living things were brought forth from the Earth. Our real value comes from God breathing life into us, not the way we evolved.

That's a good point. So why not just accept it His way? All living things were brought forth from the Earth. Our real value comes from God breathing life into us, not the way we evolved.
You have it backwards....How can a species evolve, then God bring it to life?

Cleaned up and prepped for potting, maybe. But in real world...
iu

hebrew says dry earth - or clay cement mortar

you keep trying to find primordial ooze in scripture but it's not there

it's also not seen in nature either

primordial ooze is an allegorical evolutionary myth

a modern day real clay pit - red earth in hebrew h'adamah - the stuff God used to form adam:

File:Skourta clay pit 20.JPG

amen -

the earth elements that are found in humans - oxygen - carbon - hydrogen - nitrogen - calcium - phosphorus - potassium - sulfur - sodium - chlorine - magnesium - iron - fluorine - zinc - silicon - gallium - rubidium - strontium - bromine - lead - copper aluminum - cadmium - cerium - barium - tin - iodine - titanium - boron - selenium - nickel - chromium - manganese - arsenic - lithium - mercury - cesium - molybdenum - germanium - cobalt - antimony - silver - niobium - zirconium - lanthanum - tellurium - yttrium - bismuth - thallium - indium - gold - scandium - tantalum - vanadium - thorium - uranium - samarium - tungsten - beryllium - radium - lutetium

you keep trying to find primordial ooze in scripture but it's not there
"Slime" is good enough. Clay, is basically very small rock particles with water.

clay​

noun​

a natural earthy material that is plastic when wet, consisting essentially of hydrated silicates of aluminum: used for making bricks, pottery, etc.
earth; mud.
earth, especially regarded as the material from which the human body was formed.
the human body, especially as distinguished from the spirit or soul; the flesh.

Elements found in the human body in meaurable amounts.
ElementPercent by Mass
Oxygen65
Carbon18
Hydrogen10
Nitrogen3
Calcium1.5
Phosphorus1.2
Potassium0.2
Sulfur0.2
Chlorine0.2
Sodium0.1
Magnesium0.05
Iron, Cobalt, Copper, Zinc, Iodinetrace
Selenium, Fluorineminute amounts
There may be very minute amounts of other elements, but that will vary by human.

"Slime" is good enough. Clay, is basically very small rock particles with water.

clay​

noun​

a natural earthy material that is plastic when wet, consisting essentially of hydrated silicates of aluminum: used for making bricks, pottery, etc.
earth; mud.
earth, especially regarded as the material from which the human body was formed.
the human body, especially as distinguished from the spirit or soul; the flesh.
it's not "good enough" if you're looking for the truth

God is clear and exact - evolution needs to desperately "slime" the facts

"plastic when wet" still does not equal primordial ooze

if you want to come from primordial ooze go ahead

God is clear and exact - evolution needs to desperately "slime" the facts

"plastic when wet" still does not equal primordial ooze

if you want to come from primordial ooze go ahead
"Primordial ooze" is your invention. I can see you're offended that human life originally came from the earth. I don't see why it should. What bothers you about that?

"Primordial ooze" is your invention. I can see you're offended that human life originally came from the earth. I don't see why it should. What bothers you about that?
not offended - just not fooled by a man-made theory - creation fits the evidence much better than your pet theory

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back