Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Soul Sleep yes or no?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So you condemn Jesus and His Apostles for not keeping the Sabbath ?
Do you tell Jesus He sinned against the Sabbath in your prayers ?

Unchecked Copy Box
Mat 12:2
But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

That isn't what I was talking about and no I don't think Jesus was a sinner.

You are the one who brought up

the law of Sabbath and said it applied to Christians, remember ?

In the beginning, it also says God rested from His work on the 7th day, the Sabbath. If resting can't be sleep then sleeping on the sabbath would be considered a violation of the sabbath rest.

God's laws don't only apply to Christians. They also apply to angels as well.

Sinning is a transgression of God's law.

You are the one who brought up

the law of Sabbath and said it applied to Christians, remember ?
Yes I did bring it up, but you turned it in a completely different direction.

You said this, remember?

"So you condemn Jesus and His Apostles for not keeping the Sabbath ?
Do you tell Jesus He sinned against the Sabbath in your prayers ?"

I wasn't talking about these things. I answered no to them.

Yes I did bring it up, but you turned it in a completely different direction.

You said this, remember?

"So you condemn Jesus and His Apostles for not keeping the Sabbath ?
Do you tell Jesus He sinned against the Sabbath in your prayers ?"

I wasn't talking about these things. I answered no to them.
You said Christians are obligated to obey law of the Sabbath or be guilty of sin .
Thats a yes or a no if you could give a straight answer ?

If resting can't be sleep then sleeping on the sabbath would be considered a violation of the sabbath rest.

Is there any hope for someone seeking truth ?
Soul sleep is the teaching
Man's teaching many errors about this - so instead, who is seeking Jesus ?
And since neither Jesus nor the thief went to heaven nor to paradise at all for some time period longer than a day, that rules out the false teachings for those who are seeking Truth and Life in Jesus.
Jesus is Truth.
His Word is Truth.
He Never Changes.
He Always Obeys His Father.
He Never disobeys His Father.
He Never ever , no, not once, not ever, breaks Torah.
Those who are belonging to Jesus as His sheep follow Jesus wherever He goes.

You said Christians are obligated to obey law of the Sabbath or be guilty of sin .
Thats a yes or a no if you could give a straight answer ?
I did not say that. Where did I say that? That wasn't the point I was making. I think you are trying to make a deduction from what I said. I am still talking about sleep being rest.

I did not say that. Where did I say that? That wasn't the point I was making. I think you are trying to make a deduction from what I said. I am still talking about sleep being rest.
Then why did you talk about Christians violating the Sabbath ?
Your Words

Runningman said:
If resting can't be sleep then sleeping on the sabbath would be considered a violation of the sabbath rest.

I didn't say the word Christians and my thoughts on that topic aren't the point of this thread. I am not going to let it get derailed.
You said not only Christains , but even "angels" would be in violation of Sabbath in your given scenario .
Here , read your words:
Runningman said:

You said not only Christains , but even "angels" would be in violation of Sabbath in your given scenario .
Here , read your words:
Runningman said:
God's laws do apply to Christians, but that wasn't my point. My point was that since you contested rest being sleep and I am saying that if sleeping isn't rest then sleeping on the Sabbath wouldn't be the same as resting on the sabbath. That's my point. I simply demonstrating that sleep can be rest contrary to your claims.

God's laws do apply to Christians, but that wasn't my point. My point was that since you contested rest being sleep and I am saying that if sleeping isn't rest then sleeping on the Sabbath wouldn't be the same as resting on the sabbath. That's my point. I simply demonstrating that sleep can be rest contrary to your claims.
Full circle back !
Enter again the "Sabbath" as brought by you .
How does the keeping of the Sabbath have anything to with a Christian ?

Full circle back !
Enter again the "Sabbath" as brought by you .
How does the keeping of the Sabbath have anything to with a Christian ?
I can mention something for illustrative purposes without needing to have a conversation about it. If you want to talk about that then open a thread and ping me.

I can mention something for illustrative purposes without needing to have a conversation about it. If you want to talk about that then open a thread and ping me.
Saying that the Law of the Sabbath specifically can be violated by both "Christians & Angels" in actual sin rises well above the level of being "illustrative"
You are getting desperate i can see.
They certainly nailed it when they named you "Runningman"

Sinning is a transgression of God's law

Saying that the Law of the Sabbath specifically can be violated by both "Christians & Angels" in actual sin rises well above the level of being "illustrative"
You are getting desperate i can see.
They certainly nailed it when they named you "Runningman"
I didn't say the "Law of the Sabbath" but sin is a violation of God's law. The 10 Commandments are still in effect. Did you know that? Hence why sinning is still possible. Don't like it? I ask you don't derail their thread. Open a new thread.

1 John 3
4Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.

And yet sleeping is equal to resting...

Revelation 6
11Then each of them was given a white robe and told to rest a little while longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers, were killed, just as they had been killed.

Matthew 26
45Then He returned to the disciples and said, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

I didn't say the "Law of the Sabbath" but sin is a violation of God's law. The 10 Commandments are still in effect. Did you know that? Hence why sinning is still possible. Don't like it? I ask you don't derail their thread. Open a new thread.

1 John 3
4Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.
So then you believe Jesus sinned as accused violating the Sabbath ?

So then you believe Jesus sinned as accused violating the Sabbath ?
sin is a violation of God's law. The 10 Commandments are still in effect. Did you know that?
sin is a violation of God's law. The 10 Commandments are still in effect. Did you know that?
Did you forget that The 10 commandments were in effect when Jesus was found in violation ?
Why wouldn't you think He was guilty as charged ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back