Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Stellographic oxygenetic statophonic deloverbarator

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Corn Pop

Ok the title was just made up but it sounds scientific and like a nobel winner.

jasonc

Like solar, but wind, like I was saying, but artificial wind that directly spins the prop. Solar is limited and not the best way.

Look up solar outboard motors.

Last edited:
Ok the title was just made up but it sounds scientific and like a nobel winner.

jasonc

Like solar, but wind, like I was saying, but artificial wind that directly spins the prop. Solar is limited and not the best way.

Look up solar outboard motors.
Ion drive ,swapping energy to produce energy. Not effective.

Not very sustainable. Show me a prototype for an arc reactor and we can talk.

Could the speed of a spinning prop convert enough energy to power and run a air compressor that could re-spin the prop?, because compressed air can spin a prop and has massive power, it spins at mega thousands of RPM. Kind of like how a car charges its alternator.

Im no physics expert, but i know the first law of physics that energy can not be created or destroyed but it can change form.

How much power does it take to run a air compressor and how much power can a prop create?. Can they run each other?

If so, i want my nobel prize now.

Last edited:
Could the speed of a spinning prop convert enough energy to power and run a air compressor that could re-spin the prop?, because compressed air can spin a prop and has massive power, it spins at mega thousands of RPM. Kind of like how a car charges its alternator.

Im no physics expert, but i know the first law of physics that energy can not be created or destroyed but it can change form.

How much power does it take to run a air compressor and how much power can a prop create?. Can they run each other?

If so, i want my nobel prize now.

No nobel prize for you. What you're describing is a perpetual motion machine. They've had them, suppressed them, know all about them, and aren't letting any out because they want you on their oil teat. Lol...

Perpetual motion isn't possible, something only God can do

A ion drive rocket is powered by fission reactor, pointless to create a solar wind turbine with it.

Solar wind are currents of rare element gases that can move fast ,we are in one and its possible to use it to go to Jupiter.

Solar wind are currents of rare element gases that can move fast ,we are in one and its possible to use it to go to Jupiter.

Ah, solar sails:
solar_sail_six.jpg

You can check out the mechanism on Earth:
Crookes_radiometer.jpg

How long could solar panels run a battery powered motor. I want a solar powered boat to run a battery powered motor, then there is no need to worry about fuel.

Yachts are good because they straight wind no worries but too much work and not set up good for fishing.

Last edited:
How long could solar panels run a battery powered motor. I want a solar powered boat to run a battery powered motor, then there is no need to worry about fuel.

Yachts are good because they straight wind no worries but too much work and not set up good for fishing.
That depends on some variables.
How large of a solar panel array can you get on your boat?
How big is your boat's motor?
How many batteries will you use to run the motor?
What does your boat weigh?
How fast do you intend to go?

I would like to go hypersonic, somewhere around mach 10, I was thinking just a bit faster than say the X-43A.

On a more realistically note I guess I will have to figure out those questions to see if it would work.

Last edited:
I was thinking of going hypersonic, somewhere around mach 10, I was thinking just a bit faster than say the X-43A.

On a more realistically note I guess I will have to figure out those questions to see if it would work.
It will definitely work.
The only question is; "How well?"

I saw a plan this guy had using solar panels to power a fan on his sailboat. The fan blew into the sails to make it move. For some reason, the fan worked fine, but the boat didn't go anywhere. WFTH-I

I saw a plan this guy had using solar panels to power a fan on his sailboat. The fan blew into the sails to make it move. For some reason, the fan worked fine, but the boat didn't go anywhere. WFTH-I

Why didn't he use the fan as a prop. The power of the fan spinning could be a prop spinning in the water and could motor along.

All you need is a solar panel that powers and spins a prop in the water, instead of powering a fan that spins blowing wind on a sail, and your away laughing.

Last edited:
A solar panel that powers a compressor that spins a prop. The power of compressed air is insane. Surely that would motor along. I use a small air orbital sander and that spins at 24,000 RPM through the size of a garden hose.

Last edited:
Why didn't he use the fan as a prop. The power of the fan spinning could be a prop spinning in the water and could motor along.

It was a joke about Newton's third law. The point was that the set-up I described would never work.

The problem is that you just can't get enough energy from solar panels to move a boat of reasonable size, at a respectable speed.

At least not with current efficiencies.

You could, of course, install a few lead/acid batteries and charge up when not using the boat. That would be feasible.
http://newatlas.com/100-percent-solar-boat-that-cost-under-2900-to-build/23273/

It was a joke about Newton's third law. The point was that the set-up I described would never work.

The problem is that you just can't get enough energy from solar panels to move a boat of reasonable size, at a respectable speed.

At least not with current efficiencies.

You could, of course, install a few lead/acid batteries and charge up when not using the boat. That would be feasible.
http://newatlas.com/100-percent-solar-boat-that-cost-under-2900-to-build/23273/

Surely it has to work. A massive solar panel and plug a compressor into the power socket and connect a prop to the compressor it would work right?.

Last edited:
Surely it has to work. A massive solar panel and plug a compressor into the power socket and connect a prop to the compressor it would work right?.

You can't repeal thermodynamics. So you'll only get so much energy per hour out of a solar cell. That's why you'd need to charge up batteries. Obviously, it would be more efficient to run an electric motor to move the craft, than to use an electric motor to compress air, which would then be used to move it.

Thermodynamics, again.

You can't repeal thermodynamics. So you'll only get so much energy per hour out of a solar cell. That's why you'd need to charge up batteries. Obviously, it would be more efficient to run an electric motor to move the craft, than to use an electric motor to compress air, which would then be used to move it.

Thermodynamics, again.

If a solar panel ran directly an electric motor it would not produce enough power to keep it consistently going, and the power would be very weak right?

It would have to be Solar panel that charges batteries that runs a compressor that spins the prop I think you mention that before with batteries.

The compressor would take less power and give maximum boost. The boost from compressed air spinning a prop would beat an electric motor. Electric motor running from battery/ solar would give like 2hp where compressed air from battery / solar would give like 200hp

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back