Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Super Typhoon

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Ryan

Obviously pray for the Philippines. Who knows what the carnage will look like when it is over and done with?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/08/world/asia/philippines-typhoon-haiyan/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Genesis 6:11-13
11 Now the earth was corrupt in the sight of God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
13 Then God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth

If you do a word by word study of the previous passages, the physical earth is literally in ruin due to the cause and effect sin and evilness has to our physical environment. Nature is responding to man's sin and throwing up before their eyes.

Bad weather report. Just don't worship and obey the living God

Jeremiah 44:22
So the Lord was no longer able to endure it, because of the evil of your deeds, because of the abominations which you have committed; thus your land has become a ruin, an object of horror and a curse, without an inhabitant, as it is this day. 23 Because you have burned sacrifices and have sinned against the Lord and not obeyed the voice of the Lord or walked in His law, His statutes or His testimonies, therefore this calamity has befallen you, as it has this day.”

Good weather report. Worship, love and obey the living God.

Deuteronomy 30:16
in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the Lord your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it.

Over the last couple decades the frequency and intensity of these disasters are increasing, and they will continue to increase. So how soon will the world forget about this disaster and move on until the next calamity? Won't be long I imagine.

Obviously pray for the Philippines. Who knows what the carnage will look like when it is over and done with?

Over the last couple decades the frequency and intensity of these disasters are increasing, and they will continue to increase. So how soon will the world forget about this disaster and move on until the next calamity? Won't be long I imagine.
Hi Ryan and you are correct, but we've seen nothing yet as it were compared that to come as
there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places in a manner the world has never known as God pours His wrath upon an unbelieving world that won't receive Jesus during the tribulation at the end of the age. Can we even imagine men begging for the rocks to fall on them, seeking death and cannot find it? Whew.

Hi Ryan and you are correct, but we've seen nothing yet as it were compared that to come as
there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places in a manner the world has never known as God pours His wrath upon an unbelieving world that won't receive Jesus during the tribulation at the end of the age. Can we even imagine men begging for the rocks to fall on them, seeking death and cannot find it? Whew.
The famines, pestilences and earthquakes are the result of mens wickedness and rejection of God's ways. Nature is used throughout scripture to testify of the wondrous works of God. The vise versa can be said nature, or climate change speaks to the evil works of mankind. Go on Bible Gateway and search famine. More often then not a famine was in the land due to a rejection of God's ways. God said believers would go through tribulation, but would be spared his wrath.

God said believers would go through tribulation, but would be spared his wrath.
Again I must agree with part of what you've put forth concerning some righteous in the tribulation, and we know there will be due to the fact John asks of those in Rev 7:14, a great multitude that stand before the throne of God. And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

I would add that these are not the only sons of God seen in heaven, nor do we read of these others entering the temptation to come upon all the world as the great multitude does.

I will just have to add, if you want a good weather report, lead a national revival of belief and repentance. Till then, beware of the next disaster.

And another and another and another..

At least 14 people have been killed after a cyclone, accompanied by heavy rains, tore through the Italian island of Sardinia...

A number of people are believed to be missing after rivers burst their banks, sweeping cars away and causing bridges to collapse.

The worst-hit area appears to be in and around the north-eastern city of Olbia.

Hundreds of people across the Mediterranean island were moved from their homes.

"We're at maximum alert," Giorgio Cicalo, an official from Sardinia's civil protection authority, told Italy's Rai TV.

_71193682_sardinia_olbia1_nov13.gif

"We haven't seen a situation as extreme as this, perhaps for decades. Especially because it's been across the whole island."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24996292#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa

tob

I saw a news article called "Where was God?" after this typhoon.

My question is where was God in people's lives before this?

Interesting this movie coming out at this time. Although probably based "loosely" on biblical events, maybe this might have people start thinking. Maybe...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back