Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Take Your Children on a Field Trip into God's Word

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

destiny

Take Your Children on a Field Trip into God's Word
Laya Onizuka
TOS Magazine

Matthew 19:14 "Allow the little ones to come to Me...for of such is the kingdom of heaven." (Amplified Bible)

When I take time to leisurely read God's Word with my multiple-aged children, and I open this time up to discussion and application of His Word, I am blessed! I may have selected a particular passage to read in order to instruct my children about a particular area I think we need to deal with; however, God takes over and reveals hidden secrets, satisfies our thirsty souls, and can bring a lot of joy and laughter as well.

When I was a child full of questions and I directed them to my pastor or Sunday school teacher, I was always told, "One day when we are with Jesus all those questions will be answered." The children of today now have the Internet to attempt to do that a little bit more quickly. But truly, the answers are embedded as jewels in God's word. As adults we may have overlooked them in our desperate search for answers to our pressing needs. However, with children along, leading us into the kingdom of God, we can see the sparkling jewels hidden in cracks. For example, I often wondered what happened between the story of Joseph and Moses. I basically relied on my memory of Sunday school classes long ago and children's Bible stories as well as movies on the subject.

Hmmm ... as my children pressed me to fill in the gap, I had to carefully search the scriptures. To my delight I found out the link between Joseph and Moses! And I found some other wonderful insights that corrected my erroneous storing of God's word in my mind.

I thought that all of Joseph's brothers hatefully and jealously sold him. I never questioned that "story." But this time, alongside my children, I found out the struggle in the heart of some of the brothers and the determination of others to rescue Joseph or find better alternatives than his death. My children and I were able to follow the lives of these brothers and see their life consequences and blessings. I was overjoyed!

I encourage you to take a field trip into God's word. You won't need to take a water bottle...the water gushes everywhere into your soul!

:smt060 So TRUE!!!
Those little ones need to know about Jesus as much as possible so
they can be strong enough to resist this wicked world.
Teach them while they are little,so their love will grow strong for
God. Great job,destiny!!!!

I'll never forget one day my 6 year old came home from school and said that they talked about Jesus at lunchtime. I was shocked because I knew that didn't go on in public schools. Then I found out that she would bring things up about the bible and Jesus and that would get the other kids talking! I was/ and am SOOOOOOOO proud of her!

Back