Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

teen with perosonal problems here

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
T

tennis15

hi im 15 since yesterday and im having problems with my body my mom thinks im to skinny so shes making me pig out i ont think that the right way to go a/b this anyone have any ideas on how i can get my weight up on the scale but not actually get fat? plz helpand this is to all girls but im not embarassed i havent had my period for 6 months and thoughts plz help!

Happy b-day :biggrin

Just eat a healthy and balanced diet and don't skip meals.

Have you seen a doctor about this? if your weight is affecting your period, then I'm thinking there's something wrong, and would suggest you go see some one soon.

I would go to the doctor because you could have a serious problem like an eating disorder. Please let us know what happens

Hey

there are many people I know that have problems similar. Sometime you may not think that there is a problem but in your case you admit it and you are asking for help. I would agree with the others, you need to go see a doctor. If it is effecting your period then there could be much more wrong than you think. Please go to the doctors and let us know what is going on.

SC

When girls go under a certain body fat percentage, they often cease to have their periods. You should first go to your family doctor and see if you have an eating disorder or if there are any other reasons preventing you from gaining weight. It may be that you just have a very high metabolism and small build, and there's nothing wrong with that.

No, you shouldn't "pig out." But don't shy away from healthy foods. Eat plenty of green and orange vegetables, eat lots of chicken and fish, and don't be worried about sweets every now and then. You might also think about doing weights; lifting light weights with high repetitions will cause you to gain weight and tone your muscles.

And don't forget to drink your skim milk!

Best of luck and God bless,

BL

Menstral cycles in younger girls are usually quite erratic the first few years, but I agree with BL that seeing your physician is probably the best solution.

Hopefully by now, everything has return to normal.

I was extremely underweight my whole life. I'm now 27 and am JUST NOW starting to gain weight.

Some people just have extremely high metabolisms. My mom drug me from doctor to doctor to doctor. I don't know why....she was as skinny as me!!! :-?

First of all, are you eating right? Although, I'm not one to talk. I constantly loaded up on junk food. You're not skipping meals are you? Have you ever made yourself throw up? If you're skipping meals or have ever caused yourself to throw up, then you need to seek help from a doctor. If you're doing stuff like that, they you have an eating disorder. One thing bothers me that you said: "anyone have any ideas on how i can get my weight up on the scale but not actually get fat?". If you're underweight, then getting fat should be the least of your concerns.

Being underweight can make your cycle messed up. I know there were times I'd skip a period and it was because I was underweight. But missing your period for 6 months doesn't sound right. How old were you when you had your first period? If you just recently started it, then they can be out of whack for up to a year. Stress plays a factor in it too.

You may just be like me and be extremely underweight. It will catch up with you one day. My mom was 95 lbs and 5' 7" when she was 40. She started packing on the pounds when she turned 45. And did she ever pack them on! She looks good though. She finally looks healthy. My weightgain was due to a medication I was recently on. But, I think it gave my body a kickstart because I am still continuing to slowly gain.

Well, now that I've rambled I'll go. :oops:

hey,
lifting weighst will get your weight up, muscle weighst more than fat, therfore when you build muscle you will be heavier but look great
also eat healthy, lots of lean protiens (fish,cottage cheese ect) veggies and coplex carbs (nuts,whole grain bread, yogurt ect)

and as for the eating disorder thing
people that are smaller than the average don't nessacarily have an eating disorder, and eating disorder is very mental and not just "oh, I'm really thin"

:biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back