Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Thanksgiving and Prayer~

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
:waving In the begining and at the end of EVERY prayer we acknowledge the God to Whom all our prayers ascend.

In doing this ~ we give thanks for His wonderful ways...

Long ago, when the holiday of thanksgiving was instituted in our fledgling nation, America offered their hearts toward God with united thankful hearts. George Washington's words are recorded for us in the annuals of history... :heart

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and

Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness":

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the Beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted; for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our national government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally, to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand, at the city of New York,

the 3d day of October, AD 1789

George Washington
:salute

How many of us learned of this great praise to God in school? How many of us can say we have joined in a united thanksgiving to God yet in this season? I am asking that we extend our thanks to God once again this year in this prayer thread...

In particular and in general please add your thanks to God. :pray

Thank You Father for Your care and provison through-out this past year especially, for my family and for so many in this nation who have suffered so much trial. :nod

Thank You Father for Your grace to continue to save souls and build Your church through these hard times. Thank You for faithful ministers of Your word, and Your beautiful gifts within my fellowship. :yes

Thank You Father for giving us Your Holy Spirit to guide us, and your wonderful Word to reveal to us Who You are~ and the way You desire for us to take. :thumb

Thank You Most Awesome God, for the salvation of my children... and my extended family in Christ, and for my own salvation~ so precious is this gift to me I cannot say, thank You, oh thank You... :biggrin

Thank You Father, for the love of my friends and my family, for good work to do, for daily provision, and the strengthening of my mind and soul in the study of and desire for Your word. For the health You give me, for the diligence Your Spirit instills in me. :yes

Thank You oh my God, for Your grace, like an ocean in which I sink and drown all my sorrows~ and from which my joy is established firmer each moment! :Thud

There is SO much more to thank You for... I leave to my sisters and brothers this thread to spill out their hearts of praise and honor to You, and go to my closet to let my own thanks be known to You!

:amen

Awesome thread, Bonnie!

------------

Thank you, Lord for my family's health this Thanksgiving!

Thank you, Lord for taking care of all of our needs!

Thank you, Lord for food and sustenance!

Thank you, Lord for fine family traditions that warm the heart!

Thank you, Lord for America!

Thank you, Lord for the wonderful Christian loving souls on this forum!

Thank you, Lord for providing us with your Son who lovingly died to save us from our sins and eternal death. Thank you Lord.

We love you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Back