Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Biblical ONENESS of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Do you believe Jesus Christ is LORD; YHWH the LORD God?

JLB
Jesus is the Lord of us ALL, Jehovah being HIS Lord.
Rev 3:12- He who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God; never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.

Jesus claimed to be Yahweh and the Father says the Son is Yahweh by applying a passage about Yahweh in Psalms to the Son:

Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” (ESV)

Heb 1:10 And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;
Heb 1:11 they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment,
Heb 1:12 like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.” (ESV)

Psa 102:25 Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.
Psa 102:26 They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away,
Psa 102:27 but you are the same, and your years have no end. (ESV)

If Jesus isn't also Yahweh in the same way the Father is, then both of them lied.

Jesus claimed to be Yahweh and the Father says the Son is Yahweh by applying a passage about Yahweh in Psalms to the Son:

Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” (ESV)

Heb 1:10 And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;
Heb 1:11 they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment,
Heb 1:12 like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.” (ESV)

Psa 102:25 Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.
Psa 102:26 They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away,
Psa 102:27 but you are the same, and your years have no end. (ESV)

If Jesus isn't also Yahweh in the same way the Father is, then both of them lied.
:nono
All the same-old misapplied scriptures.
Take 'em one at a time?

:nono
All the same-old misapplied scriptures.
Take 'em one at a time?

Here is one

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Every time a prophet says “this says the LORD” it was Christ, the Son speaking through that prophet.

Example:

The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: Zechariah 12:1

JLB

Please post the scripture where Jesus says that “Jehovah” is His LORD.

JLB
Playing word games?

Who do you think made him Lord?
Acts 2:36- Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly, that God hath made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom ye crucified.

He calls him his FATHER, but of refers to him as his GOD~
John 20:17- Jesus said to her, “Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

Playing word games?

Who do you think made him Lord?
Acts 2:36- Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly, that God hath made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom ye crucified.

He calls him his FATHER, but of refers to him as his GOD~
John 20:17- Jesus said to her, “Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

Still no reference by Jesus referring to JEHOVAH as His LORD.

Try again.

JLB

Why don’t they just say it openly?

Jesus is divine

There is one divine nature three divine persons!

Obviously I'm not. You already said I misapplied the verse. Show me how.
i-am_orig.png

Like, showing me a scripture showing Jesus referring to himself being "God Almighty"....
7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:7-8 NKJ)

7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:7-8 NKJ)
Here in the first chapter, John's quoting Jesus, John, and Jehovah (God).

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back