Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Breath and Nourishment of Physical Life

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

eddif

Of course the ultimate thought is to talk about higher level spiritual life, but I will post in a different area when I get to to that level. Parables do sometimes get explained with hidden information and revealed information presented together. This is just my disclaimer / warning if you don’t want to go there.

I have had a life of moderate breathing difficulties. COVID 19 has made me think back on some breathing issues. Seeing a friend a couple of months ago with pneumonia, white as a sheet, oxygen level extremely low, and me thinking he is going to die right in front of me. He was holding his head up and I felt sorry for him. I held his head up and color began to return in a few minutes. His wife helped figure a way th support his head and within an hour his oxygen level was greatly improved.
So. I try getting in a head raised position to figure what was going on. I am talking about the positio of doing sit-up exercises. Upper torso about 45degrees. You can be in this condition in bed, sitting on a coutch or recliner. Low and behold. You are using your stomach muscles to hold your head / torso up. When the stomach muscles are used your deep breathing is Reduced. There seems to be a conflict between the diaphragm and stomach muscles (feel free to name the muscle group).
The simple placement of a pillow under the head allowed much deeper breathing ( of course everyone already knew that lol). My friend sick did not and his family did not know.. They had bought a oxygen level sensing device, a breathing treatment device, but he was no better.
Just try the sit-up position and try to do a really deep breath. Of course Mississippi folks may have a genetic deformity that no one else has. There is a way to deep breath in the 45degree sit-up position. Put both hands behind tour head ad reduce some of the stoumach muscle interference.

The breath of life:
Enough oxygen to support metabolism
Enough nitrogen to prevent burning up
Limited carbon dioxide to prevent suffocation
(Thanks plants for keeping CO2 low and providing nourishment).

Enough for now.
Mississippi redneck
eddif

Thank you for sharing this. It is easier to breath if you are not laying flat on your back. You can try it for your self to see the difference.

Another help can be a support under each leg of the head of the bed. This helps during times of congestion. The elevation helps. Do not create a high and unsafe rickety condition. Think solid and safe. 16” x 16” x 4” pads are at Home Depot. 4” (4 inch) is probably enough. Not all beds are strong enough to use.

You can buy a hospital bed if you wish. My ideas are redneck specials.

Pursed lip breathing helps increase breathing capacity. Think about the force used in blowing up a weak balloon to start the exercises. Do not over do anything a Non Medical person tells you. Consult trained medical help. In through nose and out through clenched ( pursed lips).

I did my 1 1/2 mile walk plus 1 1/2 mile jog this morning (3 miles total). Without pursed lip breathing I can not jog 300 feet.

The truth is I spent 31 days in a bed ; some days with 102 to 103 degrees fever. June 8 - July 8 2020. Malaria. The walking was to gain my strength back,

My wife thought I had died a couple of times.I refused to go for treatment. I would have been declared to have Covid. Not many doctors know how to deal with malaria. This was my second variety of Malaria. By grace I lived. Of course if you read some of my posts you might wish I were not so healthy. This round was suitcase born malaria. (Long story) . CDC described baggage / suitcase malari

Mississippi redneck
eddif

John 20:21 kjv
21. Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

I supposed he used pursed lips to breath on them ( making a blowing noise). On the day of Pentecost they would figure out the mighty rushing wind. He forcefully breathed on them. Without a mask. How unclean. Inoculating them , and preparing them for the Holy Spirit. LOL .

eddif

Now what is full spectrum about (really a out).

The Bible really covers all subjects:

Suffering, pain, spiritual gifts, baptism, symbols, shadows, prophets, apostles, past, future, sin, righteousness, brotherly love, godly love, ministry gifts, Jewish benefits, healing etc.
Pretty full spectrum. No filters to hide anything. Our exposure to everything in correct balance should promote spiritual health.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nether the moon by night ( from memory).

Do not just choose a few areas or filter some out. The Bible is full spectrum.

eddif

There is nothing hidden from the Lord who gives us life.
Colossians 1:26 kjv
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

The mystery of why parables
And
Why certain concepts were held so long as a mystery.

Romans 1:20 if tied to the parable of the sower takes on a new meaning. Every time Jesus told a parable it contained a higher level concept about the Godhead.

The parable of the sower was a mystery to the disciples till it was revealed to them. The disciples asked what it meant, and Jesus revealed seed / word parallels / parable understanding.

Once you know the parable of the sower every thing in creation has a higher meaning hidden. The problem is will we see the actual secret through revelation, or will we use our carnal mind to invent what we privately think is the meaning.

The muzzling of the ox is revealed in scripture as (pay the preacher) The two women are two covenants. I feel the hidden man of the heart shows how Jesus directs our actions ( works in us to will and do of his good pleasure). I know you have a different view. I will not argue.

Now here is the question. Did eddif uses his carnal mind or is there enough visual and scriptural evidence to support the concept of creation hiding revelation till the Holy Spirit filled the writers of the New Testament.

eddif

Isiah 52:14 kjv
14. As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

The hidden man of the heart must not even look like a man. His beating and crucifixion was severe.

Now this heart will distribute
Nutrients
Oxygen
Immune system healing

We function under the direction of Jesus.

Eddif

Colossians 1:26 kjv
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

The mystery of why parables
And
Why certain concepts were held so long as a mystery.

Romans 1:20 if tied to the parable of the sower takes on a new meaning. Every time Jesus told a parable it contained a higher level concept about the Godhead.

The parable of the sower was a mystery to the disciples till it was revealed to them. The disciples asked what it meant, and Jesus revealed seed / word parallels / parable understanding.

Once you know the parable of the sower every thing in creation has a higher meaning hidden. The problem is will we see the actual secret through revelation, or will we use our carnal mind to invent what we privately think is the meaning.

The muzzling of the ox is revealed in scripture as (pay the preacher) The two women are two covenants. I feel the hidden man of the heart shows how Jesus directs our actions ( works in us to will and do of his good pleasure). I know you have a different view. I will not argue.

Now here is the question. Did eddif uses his carnal mind or is there enough visual and scriptural evidence to support the concept of creation hiding revelation till the Holy Spirit filled the writers of the New Testament.

eddif
I agree with all of what you said here. Everything remains a mystery until one allows the Holy Spirit reveal what are mysteries to a carnal mind opening their Spiritual eyes for understanding. I actually used the muzzling of the ox in a class I taught one time about paying your Pastor.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back