Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Church in the west has largely missed the plot

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Free

Lead Admin - christianforums.net
Staff member
Lead Admin
Last Words of the Martyrs

I just started reading this book, which came out today (and the Kindle version is cheap for a limited time), but have followed International Christian Concern on social media and via newsletters for quite some time. This is a book that every Christian in the west needs to read. Some who profess Christ already get it, to an extent, but most, I fear, don't get it at all. We have had it far too easy for far too long, while mostly ignoring the real suffering of Christians elsewhere.

Only in the west are we going to spend so much time debating whether or not God chooses people for salvation and then call each other names over disagreement, rather than band together to reach the lost. If most of us, myself included, put as much energy into prayer and evangelism as we do trying to prove we're right, our neighbourhoods and cities might just be different.

"We live our Christian lives without real cost, and the affluence and comfort we enjoy have produced a weak and flaccid church."--Jeff King

Here is an article also well worth reading: https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/satan-will-sing-you-to-sleep

Last Words of the Martyrs

I just started reading this book, which came out today (and the Kindle version is cheap for a limited time), but have followed International Christian Concern on social media and via newsletters for quite some time. This is a book that every Christian in the west needs to read. Some who profess Christ already get it, to an extent, but most, I fear, don't get it at all. We have had it far too easy for far too long, while mostly ignoring the real suffering of Christians elsewhere.

Only in the west are we going to spend so much time debating whether or not God chooses people for salvation and then call each other names over disagreement, rather than band together to reach the lost. If most of us, myself included, put as much energy into prayer and evangelism as we do trying to prove we're right, our neighbourhoods and cities might just be different.

"We live our Christian lives without real cost, and the affluence and comfort we enjoy have produced a weak and flaccid church."--Jeff King

Here is an article also well worth reading: https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/satan-will-sing-you-to-sleep
Irony a reformed leaning post .but yes I'm guilty .I was thinking on how this affects me while reading routes .

Especially living here in the so called Bible Belt I forget that Christian’s face violence and death simply because they follow Jesus. Thanks for the link.
It's so easy for any of us in the West to forget when life marches on and bills need to be paid, etc. I am almost at the point of thinking I would rather live facing persecution, although I am so grateful for the freedoms I have.

Back