Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Enneagram of Personality

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

BPPLEE

Have any of you had experience with The Enneagram of Personality? I discovered it in 2010 and was so taken by it I wrote a book; The Christian Guide To The Enneagram. After doing more research I discovered that the claim that the Enneagram had Christian roots was false and that it is rooted in Eastern mysticism. Those who claim that it promotes spiritual growth are not talking about Christianity. I made the book unavailable. Some Churches are teaching the Enneagram and I don't think it has a place to be taught in Christianity. But I think using it strictly to study personality is okay. Any thoughts?

This all seems to me to fall under the category of New Age mind control and we as Christians need to heed the warnings God gave us in Leviticus 19:31, Deuteronomy 18:9-14; Revelation 21:8.

We already know who we are in Christ and the abilities He has given us to serve Him.

Hey All,
I have never heard of the enneagram. It sounds like something out of Scientology. As a personality test, it seems benign.
I took a psychology class a long long time ago (I so want to add "in a galaxy far away") and I remember giving personality tests. But the reason for the test was not to define a person. The test was just a ruse to learn how to read them (their true thoughts) through their body language and hand gestures. I learned how to know, with a high probability (90+% accuracy), when someone was lying to me. So, in that sense, it was useful. But there was nothing spiritual about it.

How does one get spiritual growth from a personality test?
Why would a believer need the opinion of another to define themselves?
As Polonious told Laertes, "To thine own self be true."
I know who I am--a sinner saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
I can live with that. Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
I have never heard of the enneagram. It sounds like something out of Scientology. As a personality test, it seems benign.
I took a psychology class a long long time ago (I so want to add "in a galaxy far away") and I remember giving personality tests. But the reason for the test was not to define a person. The test was just a ruse to learn how to read them (their true thoughts) through their body language and hand gestures. I learned how to know, with a high probability (90+% accuracy), when someone was lying to me. So, in that sense, it was useful. But there was nothing spiritual about it.

How does one get spiritual growth from a personality test?
Why would a believer need the opinion of another to define themselves?
As Polonious told Laertes, "To thine own self be true."
I know who I am--a sinner saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
I can live with that. Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
I don’t think it has any spiritual significance. It’s a very accurate system of personality typing. I don’t know why it’s accurate it’s not scientifically proven or developed.
It shouldn’t work but it does.
When it comes to spiritual growth I study the Bible and pray. I don’t look for spirituality outside of prayer and Bible study.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back