Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The False Doctrine of a 7-year Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Jews prophesized to accept him as their Messiah .

John 5:43
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
I'm talking about the three and a half year tribulation in Revelation, where the 144,000 are the firstfruits, after that the earth will be reaped, while the “inhabitants of the earth” will be deceived, that's a euphemism for the unbelieving Jews.

I'm talking about the three and a half year tribulation in Revelation, where the 144,000 are the firstfruits, after that the earth will be reaped, while the “inhabitants of the earth” will be deceived, that's a euphemism for the unbelieving Jews.
That does not answer the question , how far into the 3-1/2 years does their false messiah turn on them ?

Hi Carry_Your_Name
Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (Matt. 26:27-28)
I'd advise you reconsider that. Was it a 7 year covenant? Was it broken during that period?

I mean, we do agree that just like the 69 sevens before it, that the final seven would be another period of seven years, right? What's the significance of that and what we are told would be going on in that final seven that would mirror what Jesus did at the last supper?

As far as I can tell, the only commonality is the word covenant, but that word is all throughout the Scriptures. None of the other descriptions of that final seven seem to have been fulfilled in Jesus' explaining the new covenant or anything else that went on between 32AD and 39AD.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Carry_Your_Name

I'd advise you reconsider that. Was it a 7 year covenant? Was it broken during that period?

I mean, we do agree that just like the 69 sevens before it, that the final seven would be another period of seven years, right? What's the significance of that and what we are told would be going on in that final seven that would mirror what Jesus did at the last supper?

As far as I can tell, the only commonality is the word covenant, but that word is all throughout the Scriptures. None of the other descriptions of that final seven seem to have been fulfilled in Jesus' explaining the new covenant or anything else that went on between 32AD and 39AD.

God bless,
Ted
Between 32 AD and 39 AD was the Lord's earthly ministry in Judea, from Jesus's baptism to Cornelius's baptism. After that, Jews were spiritually blinded, they will not know Jesus until the "fig tree generation" at the end times.

The false messiah will only turn on those who refuse to take the mark from the beginning. He won't turn on the "inhabitants of the earth"
If all people in the world are persecuted equally by him , what is the point of him establishing his intimate involvement with nation Israel , and then turning on them ?
Why does he single them out ?
What is behind his obsession with the Jews to the point establishing a third Temple for them & fooling them into believing he is their Messiah, if he only plans to offer them the same mark of the beast deal that everybody else gets anyway ?

If all people in the world are persecuted equally by him , what is the point of him establishing his intimate involvement with nation Israel , and then turning on them ?
Why does he single them out ?
What is behind his obsession with the Jews to the point establishing a third Temple for them & fooling them into believing he is their Messiah, if he only plans to offer them the same mark of the beast deal that everybody else gets anyway ?
Long story for short, those Jews get what they want. A mighty conqueror king that fits their messiah profile. He must be a prophet raised among his brothers, which means a Jew, see Deut. 18. Both mark and seal are signs of allegiance and ownership, if they believe the Antichrist is the real Christ, they'd be willingly take the mark. Think about the COVID vaccine, that was like a dry run, those who really put their hope and trust in it all took it willingly, those who refuse were persecuted.

Long story for short, those Jews get what they want. A mighty conqueror king that fits their messiah profile. He must be a prophet raised among his brothers, which means a Jew, see Deut. 18. Both mark and seal are signs of allegiance and ownership, if they believe the Antichrist is the real Christ, they'd be willingly take the mark. Think about the COVID vaccine, that was like a dry run, those who really put their hope and trust in it all took it willingly, those who refuse were persecuted.
But take the mark or not is the choice every human being on earth must make.
Yes ?
No?
Everybody getting the same choice, then what is the point of the antichrist establishing himself and his rule as being of paramount importance to Israel first and foremost , causing Israel's longstanding enemies to claim Peace with Israel & even so far as seeing to it the building of a Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount .
What is the point of all that drama & special treatment for the Jews , if the antichrist knows he is going to give them the same take the mark or not deal the rest of the world gets ?
For me , there has to more to his motives in doing all that to establish himself as hero to the Jews .

When angel Gabriel decreed these 70 weeks, it was 70 continuous weeks (of years), 490 continuous years, there's no such a gap, which is the entire church age.

Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.
“Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,
Even in troublesome times.
“And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.” Daniel 9:24-27

Three distinct time periods that make up the whole 70 weeks.

What is it that is causing the 70 weeks to be divided into three separate time periods of:

seven weeks
sixty-two weeks
one week

Hint: When you understand what is starting and stopping each time period, then you will know the answer.

Jesus says it this way -

“Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), Matthew 24:15

JLB

Both mark and seal are signs of allegiance and ownership, if they believe the Antichrist is the real Christ, they'd be willingly take the mark.

The Jews would never believe that their Messiah who had brought peace with all their enemies and done so much them would tell them to take a mark or be executed.
The point at which taking the mark or not became a life or death decision the jews would obviously know they had been deceived badly , and this was not their Messiah as they had believed .

But take the mark or not is the choice every human being on earth must make.
Yes ?
No?
Everybody getting the same choice, then what is the point of the antichrist establishing himself and his rule as being of paramount importance to Israel first and foremost , causing Israel's longstanding enemies to claim Peace with Israel & even so far as seeing to it the building of a Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount .
What is the point of all that drama & special treatment for the Jews , if the antichrist knows he is going to give them the same take the mark or not deal the rest of the world gets ?
For me , there has to more to his motives in doing all that to establish himself as hero to the Jews .
First of all, some will take this mark willingly and enthusiastically, some will be forced to do so or they'll lose their head, big difference there. The point for all that drama and special treatment for the Jews is because "the last will be first and the first last". The gospel was preached to the Jews FIRST and then to the gentiles, but the Jews will be the last to accept it.

The Jews would never believe that their Messiah who had brought peace with all their enemies and done so much them would tell them to take a mark or be executed.
The point at which taking the mark or not became a life or death decision the jews would obviously know they had been deceived badly , and this was not their Messiah as they had believed .
Go read the shema prayer (Deut. 6:4-8) and educate yourself, that's the original idea of the mark, what Satan has to offer is a counterfeist. Everything Satan does is a counterfeit of God's design.

Three distinct time periods that make up the whole 70 weeks.
And where did it imply any gap in between? Particularly, a 2000 plus year long gap between the 69th and the 70th? Siege of Jerusalem in 70AD was the fulfillment of the last part - abomination of desolation.

Also, it'd be helpful if you ditch this reductionist approach and begin to read the passage as a whole. When you artificially break the 70 weeks into these three parts and fit them into your own narrative, it's like removing a part from a machine and trying to install it on a different machine, it doesn't work that way.

Go read the shema prayer (Deut. 6:4-8) and educate yourself, that's the original idea of the mark, what Satan has to offer is a counterfeist. Everything Satan does is a counterfeit of God's design.
So you think the Jews would believe that their Messiah would force them to take a mark or die , and at the same time force the same deal to all the world's gentiles ?
You believe they would be that stupid not to know they had been duped when the Messiah suddenly tells them that he is not really their messiah , but is actually GOD Himself ?

Last edited:
So you think the Jews would believe that their Messiah would force them to take a mark or die ?
Am I a Jew? Go ask a real one who takes the shema prayer seriously, if you can find one. If you can't, think about the vaccine mandate a few years ago and how people reacted to it. If you refuse, you'd be hated, fired, ostracized, and I'd say pretty close to not being able to buy or sell. In their minds, you were already dead, the china virus will take care of you without dirtying their own hands.

Am I a Jew? Go ask a real one who takes the shema prayer seriously, if you can find one. If you can't, think about the vaccine mandate a few years ago and how people reacted to it. If you refuse, you'd be hated, fired, ostracized, and I'd say pretty close to not being able to buy or sell. In their minds, you were already dead, the china virus will take care of you without dirtying their own hands.
So why wouldn't the Antichrist come forth presenting himself to the world as Pharoh of Egypt for instance.
The Egyptians having to make the exact same choice as the Jews, take the mark or die.
How can this be a Jewish thing if every nation has to choose mark or no mark as well ?
Gets back to my original question, if the whole world is given the same alternative , what is the antichrist's motivation in setting himself up as being savior to the Jews ?
Why Israel ?
Why not some other country in need of a peacemaker/ Savior ?
There are dozens to choose from, right ?
Why not come forth as leader of Tiawan ?
They need a savior/peacemaker to settle things with China for them.

And where did it imply any gap in between?

Again, my question was:

What is causing the 70 weeks to be divided into three separate time periods of:

seven weeks
sixty-two weeks
one week

Hint: When you understand what is starting and stopping each time period, then you will know the answer.

Jesus says it this way -

Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), Matthew 24:15

Let's look at Daniel 9 -

25 “Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,
Even in troublesome times.

Here in verse 25 we see the seven weeks and sixty two weeks (69) weeks begins with a command from Cyrus the world ruler at the time, and ends with an event called Messiah the Prince.

Then in the next verse, verse 26 we see that after the sixty two weeks, Messiah shall be cut off. {Crucified}
  • And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
This means that the crucifixion (33AD) as well as the destruction of city and sanctuary (70AD)
occurs but the 70th week has not yet begun.

These time markers are a key to give us understanding.

26 “And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off
, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.” Daniel 9:25-27

JLB

So why wouldn't the Antichrist come forth presenting himself to the world as Pharoh of Egypt for instance.
The Egyptians having to make the exact same choice as the Jews, take the mark or die.
How can this be a Jewish thing if every nation has to choose mark or no mark as well ?
Gets back to my original question, if the whole world is given the same alternative , what is the antichrist's motivation in setting himself up as being savior to the Jews ?
Why Israel ?
Why not some other country in need of a peacemaker/ Savior ?
There are dozens to choose from, right ?
Why not come forth as leader of Tiawan ?
They need a savior/peacemaker to settle things with China for them.
I’ve already told you, the messiah must be a prophet like Moses raised among his brethren, which means a Jew, Deut. 18:15.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back