Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Father's Intention

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Soul man

To look at God like someone may predict the weather is foolishness. To try to pin God down based on the finite knowledge we have is foolishness. But the study of Gods word will in time bring the believer to some understanding of what God is doing. His knowledge is so far above and beyond our understanding that reading the same passage in the Scriptures will grow and take on new meaning from time to time.

Humans think they can read God's word once a know it all. In my life I have seen greater understanding come to me from time to time as I have entered a new walk in the Spirit, or when I went through a new experience, or when there were great changes in my life brought by the C & S ( circumstances and situations) gang. This happens because the father is always bringing me into his ultimate intention for my life for his eternal plan. You see, there are two guidelines given to every ongoing believer.

1) You were chosen to be in Christ, Eph 1:4. You were not chosen just to be saved. You were not chosen just to go to heaven. You were not chosen to be Christian over another religion. You were chosen to be in Christ. The wisdom of the father clearly shows in this fact. God knew that humans could never be what he needed them to be within themselves.

Just as Lucifer failed even while living in the Fathers house and living in His presence, God knew He could not trust His creations remaining as free moral agents to ever be what He needed in a family. So He placed, baptized and completely immersed the believing sinner instantly the moment he believed, into Christ, Romans 6:3.

The Fathers intension in this is to make sure that every child He produces will have His nature in him. He knows that created beings, even in His image and likeness, can miserably fail Him, just as Lucifer did. But there was one who never failed Him, Christ his Son. Now when a sinner believes on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Father places His seed, Christ, in he/she and never has to worry about who he/she is or where he/she is headed in life. This was His ultimate intention and it works and is working every moment after a believer is rebirthed.

2) The second guideline the father used was Christ death on the cross. Through Christ work on the cross He had the power to change humans and make them what he wanted them to be. He could just say the word or point his finger and get what he wanted but this could have not have been done without their being in Christ.

So to change humanity to fit his plan, all sinners were placed in Christ at Gethsemane by the cup He drank therefore all were crucified with Him, died with Him, buried with Him, were resurrected with Him and were ascended with him to heavenly places. he worked out His intention for His family perfectly.

So to change humanity to fit his plan, all sinners were placed in Christ at Gethsemane by the cup He drank therefore all were crucified with Him, died with Him, buried with Him, were resurrected with Him and were ascended with him to heavenly places.
Good morning Brother Soul man. Am I misunderstanding your intention on this excerpt from your post?
To me, even though Jesus died for all, only those believing on Him experience what you describe here. Thanks.

Welcome Soul man. Since you're trying out your theological wings to see if they fly, I might observe with you these matters:

Soul man said:
Just as Lucifer failed even while living in the Fathers house and living in His presence,

The Fathers intension in this is to make sure that every child He produces will have His nature in him. He knows that created beings, even in His image and likeness, can miserably fail Him, just as Lucifer did.

There are a lot of camps that believe Lucifer had a choice and failed i.e. was a holy angel who made a series of bad decisions.

Jesus tells us that Satan was a murderer from the beginning, presumably Satan's beginning. That Satan had/has no truth in him, that when he speaks he speaks a lie, and that he is the father of lies. John 8:44.

This doesn't speak to Satan failing, but being made that way from the beginning. In the very first actions of Satan, the serpent in the garden, we see deception from a deceiver/tempter.

A lot of people also read that Ezek. 28:14 shows that Satan was at one time perfect. Sometimes our reading comprehension gets in the way of fact. Being created perfect "in thy ways" can just as easily and readily mean being created as "a perfect DEVIL with perfect DEVIL ways" and this meaning of perfect then not having anything at all to do with God Like Perfect.

So, no, the devil didn't fail God at all. The devil was made by God to be a failure, from the beginning.

You also noted this:

Soul man said:
So to change humanity to fit his plan, all sinners were placed in Christ at Gethsemane by the cup He drank therefore all were crucified with Him, died with Him, buried with Him, were resurrected with Him and were ascended with him to heavenly places. he worked out His intention for His family perfectly.

Eugene had some legit eyebrow raising on that count. I might add to that, this fact. Satan is also a sinner (again, from the beginning),

1 John 3:
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

and Satan was assuredly NOT placed in Christ.

Welcome Soul man. Since you're trying out your theological wings to see if they fly, I might observe with you these matters:

There are a lot of camps that believe Lucifer had a choice and failed i.e. was a holy angel who made a series of bad decisions.

Jesus tells us that Satan was a murderer from the beginning, presumably Satan's beginning. That Satan had/has no truth in him, that when he speaks he speaks a lie, and that he is the father of lies. John 8:44.

This doesn't speak to Satan failing, but being made that way from the beginning. In the very first actions of Satan, the serpent in the garden, we see deception from a deceiver/tempter.

A lot of people also read that Ezek. 28:14 shows that Satan was at one time perfect. Sometimes our reading comprehension gets in the way of fact. Being created perfect "in thy ways" can just as easily and readily mean being created as "a perfect DEVIL with perfect DEVIL ways" and this meaning of perfect then not having anything at all to do with God Like Perfect.

So, no, the devil didn't fail God at all. The devil was made by God to be a failure, from the beginning.

You also noted this:

Eugene had some legit eyebrow raising on that count. I might add to that, this fact. Satan is also a sinner (again, from the beginning),

1 John 3:
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

and Satan was assuredly NOT placed in Christ.
Soul Man,
Be careful with that bit of man made theology because for that idea to work a lot of scripture cannot be what God had recorded of Him. This Five Point Calvinist idea makes God out to be a Capricious being and He is not, He is perfect.

Did God know the angel, Lucifer, would rebel? Yes, because God is limitless He knew before He created him and before Lucifer was stricken by his creator and was made to become Satan, the Father knew He would be our tester and that he would be the cause for believers growing in their faith and love for the Father.

Without careful study this can be a tricky point.

Good morning Brother Soul man. Am I misunderstanding your intention on this excerpt from your post?
To me, even though Jesus died for all, only those believing on Him experience what you describe here. Thanks.

Yes we believe unto salvation, but all in Adam were in Christ on the cross, when He died, we died.
So yes we need to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior. The cup He drank from had in it the sin of the world, which is the sin nature. So crucifying the Adamic nature
took care of the root problem.
But what we need to see is you have to be in Christ, because that is where sin is dealt with, thank you Eugene

Soul Man,
Be careful with that bit of man made theology because for that idea to work a lot of scripture cannot be what God had recorded of Him. This Five Point Calvinist idea makes God out to be a Capricious being and He is not, He is perfect.

Did God know the angel, Lucifer, would rebel? Yes, because God is limitless He knew before He created him and before Lucifer was stricken by his creator and was made to become Satan, the Father knew He would be our tester and that he would be the cause for believers growing in their faith and love for the Father.

You are more than welcome to address my points to me, directly, thank you.

and fwiw, I am NOT a 5 point Calvinist whatsoever. Determinist? YES. You'd do yourself well to know and understand the differences in these types of dialogs rather than haphazardly and falsely branding.

Soul Man,

Yes and I can agree with some of your points.
I wonder as we get into the message of Christ as life, revealed in the believer, as the believers only life, is that looked at.
Thank you for your post.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back