Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] The Forgiveness Thread - Pray for and forgive those who have hurt you

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

TorchHeart

I thought that a thread like this might be good idea. Christ taught us that we should forgive those who have sinned against us, just as the Father forgives us. The purpose of this thread is for each of us to offer prayers of forgiveness towards those who have hurt us in the past, and to ask God to soften our hearts and help us to continue to forgive.

This is NOT to be a place where people are trashed, insulted, or ridiculed over things that they have done. Out of a respect for some privacy, please do not mention people by full names; simply a first name will do. Or, if they are users on here, do not mention them by their user names.

For myself, I would like to pray for a couple of people

"Steve" - A man whom I had a bitter argument with in a shopping center, and towards whom I still hold some strong resentment

"Lara" - a young woman who hurt me a number of times in the past.

"P.A." - someone who I have held a grudge against for too long, now.

Lord, I would like to say that I am heartily sorry for the anger that I have held against these people. In the name of Christ the Savior, I forgive them for what they have done to me in the past. Please help me to show mercy upon them. I ask that you please soften my heart, and help me to let go of this anger. May the hurt that each of them has caused me, respectively, be a thing of the past and not held against them any longer. I forgive them of their transgressions, and ask for Your peace upon them. In the name of Jesus Christ, Our Beloved Savior, I humbly ask this. Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back