Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Fullness Of Who We Are...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
This is an incredible (sic) passage.

1 John 4: 13-17
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.../ (kjv)

Because, as He is, so are we in this world.

Think about that for a minute. That means right now. The time is late. Jesus is coming back soon, and He wants mature Christians who can stand on their own two spiritual feet.

That have grown from a babe in Christ up to the fullness of what He created us to be. So we can be useful to the Kingdom.

I didn't step out in faith even one time today. I have faith and do trust God, but walking in it...stepping out in faith is something that I (all of us) should do.

When's the last time you stepped out in faith? For anything. That's walking in it.

Tomorrow I step out in faith. I don't know what about yet, but I'll know it when I see it.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.../ (kjv)

Think about that for a minute. That means right now. The time is late. Jesus is coming back soon, and He wants mature Christians who can stand on their own two spiritual feet.

That have grown from a babe in Christ up to the fullness of what He created us to be. So we can be useful to the Kingdom.

I didn't step out in faith even one time today. I have faith and do trust God, but walking in it...stepping out in faith is something that I (all of us) should do.

When's the last time you stepped out in faith? For anything. That's walking in it.

Tomorrow I step out in faith. I don't know what about yet, but I'll know it when I see it.

That does mean right now Edward.. When you step out the door tomorrow just say.. Here am i Lord.. then watch the Lord go to work..

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I'll be the first to admit that said working can sometimes be well beyond what I expected. In fact most times, it is. And not always an only to the pleasant side. Nevertheless, we walk, regardless of what we face. Is there any other choice?

1 Samuel 2:7
The Lord maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.

Good post my old friend Edward. I especially like verse 13. Here is what Kenneth Wuest has to say about it....
1 John 4:13
Alford comments: "nearly repeated from 1Jn_3:24. But why introduced here? In the former verse, the fact of His abiding in us was assured to us, if we love one another. Of this fact, when thus loving, we need a token. Him we cannot see: has He given us any testimony of His presence in us? He has given us such a testimony, in making us partakers of His Spirit. This fact it is to which the Apostle calls our attention, as proving not the external fact of the sending of the Son (v. 14), but one within ourselves, the indwelling of God in us, and our abiding in Him." "Know" is ginōskō, "to know by experience." That is, the saint experiences the work of the Holy Spirit in him, and from that experience, he deduces the fact that the Holy Spirit is in him, a gift of God. This experiential knowledge confirms the fact that the saint dwells in God and God in him. "Dwells" is menō, which is used often in the Gospel narratives of one person dwelling in the home of another. The word speaks of fellowship between two or more individuals. The pronoun is used intensively here, namely, "He (God) Himself in us." "Hath given" is perfect tense in the Greek text. The Spirit was given the saints as a permanent gift. He is in us to stay, as James says (Jas_4:5), "The Spirit who has been caused to take up His permanent residence in us."
"Of His Spirit" is ek tou pneumatos autou, literally, "out of His Spirit." Paul’s words in 1Co_12:4-11 are of help here. John in using ek, "out of," does not mean to infer that the individual saint receives only part of the Holy Spirit, for a person cannot be divided and parcelled out in parts. Each saint receives the Holy Spirit Himself in His entirety. John is here referring to that which the saint experiences of the indwelling Holy Spirit, namely, the operation of the spiritual gifts. No saint is given all of them. The individual saint who is the recipient of these spiritual gifts of the Spirit receives certain ones (ek) out of the total number. But the presence of these gifts in him, shown by their outworking in his life, is also an evidence of the presence of the Spirit in him, and this latter, a proof of the fact that God dwells in that saint and that saint dwells in God.
Translation: In this we know experientially that in Him we are dwelling and He Himself in us, because He has given us out of His Spirit as a permanent gift."

Just my :twocents worth.

hello Edward, dirtfarmer here

In the "back of your mind" you don't have that still small voice that continually reminds you, that today could be the day the he returns for his bride. As I see the condition of the world today, I understand that it is today, as it was in Noah's day. People say eat, drink, and make merry for tomorrow we may die. Never with any thought of God or his will. Lovers of self and seeking self-gratification.

To me, stepping out in faith is living as God would have us to live, testifying of his grace by the way we live our lives everyday. There are plenty of "church-goers" that live the other 6 days just as the world does. When adversity comes, they curse and pitch fits, complain that they have been treated unfair.

How do you handle adversity? With joy, knowing that God is in control. It is possible to be in sorrow and yet have joy. Happiness depends on happenings and not on the Lord. About every six months something has to happen for us to have happiness: A new car, new clothes, or even going for a week-end retreat. Joy comes from knowing the Lord and that what ever happens to us has to be allowed by him for a purpose and even though it might not be pleasant. We know that God is going to work all things for our good and He will be glorified by that.

:lol

You know what? I did step out there and say here I am Lord, and...nothing. All day, nothing. It's like I just didn't bring it to mind. The odd part was that, I was praying for most of the day. It still didn't come to mind, soo...I've chewed on it and prayed on it and I'm ok, times and seasons. It isn't time yet.

But the still small voice says cease striving. Be still, and know that I am God.

That's good stuff. :salute
It's coming. I'm ready for it. Mostly, lol. Just not time yet. :woot2

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back