Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The kind of valentines day card husbands appreciate.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

Jack Lewis

My wife spent an hour making me a handmade valentines day card, which the kids threw away, thinking it was junk. She still fuming, but I told her the best way to make a valentine's day card for your husband is to use her body as the paper, get some body paint, and surprise him (me in this case). Let me tell you, husbands will appreciate that much more than one done on construction paper.

Jack Lewis said:
My wife spent an hour making me a handmade valentines day card, which the kids threw away, thinking it was junk. She still fuming, but I told her the best way to make a valentine's day card for your husband is to use her body as the paper, get some body paint, and surprise him (me in this case). Let me tell you, husbands will appreciate that much more than one done on construction paper.
LOL, great idea. Lets see the kids try and throw that card away! :lol: :wink:

4runner said:
Yep, thats men for ya!
Yes, that's men. That's the way we are. Women and men are different, but for some reason woman, and society as well, seem to want men to be like women, and to act as if the way a man hears love is wrong.

I personally think cards are about as silly an idea that any con artist ever foisted on people. You pay two bucks for some piece of card board someone else drew on, that you barely look at yourself, and that's supposed to have this great symbolic message? On the other hand the husband want to participate in the most intimate activity a husband and wife can do for each other, and he's considered a rake. And women go on to have this superior attitude that at least they have the proper perspective on this gift giving thing, while rarely ever actually taking the time to find out what the gifts she's giving her husband really mean to him, or say to him.

Why is it that when the husband gives the wife a gift, she can pout for three days, and in the end it's his fault for not reading her mind. But when the wife gives the husband a gift, he's supposed to go on and on about it, and regardless of how bad a gift it is, he's supposed to treasure it infinity, simply on the fact that she gave it to him. Who decided that this lopsided double standard is the way things should be? And in the end, doesn't it hust the women, by setting the standard of maturity so low for them?

My husband didn't buy me a card. Instead, he wrote me a poem. He's always writing poems....sometimes they're completly goofy and other times they actually turn out pretty darn good!

We've been together for so long now
sometimes it seems we've both forgotten how
to take the time to say those little words
that has kept us together through good times and hurt.

I have taken for granted that you will always be there
and seldom find words to show you I care.
Our lives are so busy with work and the kids
that we no longer feel the joys of our marital bliss.

But late at night while you lie in bed sleeping
I lay next to you deep inside weeping
with all of the hurtful things that I've done and said
They remain like nightmares echoing in my head.

I reach over and run my fingers through your hair
and try never to forget a simple hug is why you are there.
It probably doesn't seem like much to you, a smiple hug
but to me without it there would probably be no love.

So I close my eyes and wish I could be
the strong loving man that you deserve and need.
And pray that if anything happens before light
that you would know just how much I love you tonight.

Jack Lewis said:
Why is it that when the husband gives the wife a gift, she can pout for three days, and in the end it's his fault for not reading her mind. But when the wife gives the husband a gift, he's supposed to go on and on about it, and regardless of how bad a gift it is, he's supposed to treasure it infinity, simply on the fact that she gave it to him. Who decided that this lopsided double standard is the way things should be? And in the end, doesn't it hust the women, by setting the standard of maturity so low for them?

You could take care of that by doing what we do. We don't buy for holidays for each other. We only do for the kids. I usually try to get them pajamas and some candy for valentines' day...always try to get them something they need. My hubby and I will usually make each other a card on the computer or send an electronic one. That's enough of a gift for me.
:Fade-color

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back