Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth the man born blind now sees - but we are to walk by faith, not by sight

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
In John 9:39, Jesus had made the man born blind to see, and told him, "For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind." (NASB). But we are told to walk by faith and not by sight (2 Cor 5:7).

I know we can't see Jesus (we weren't there when He walked the earth and He is in heaven now), and through His Holy Spirit we have access to God by faith, not seeing Him. Assuming there was a spiritual meaning to what Jesus said in John 9:39, because I'm sure He wasn't saying this about physical sight - what is it that the blind man saw now, spiritually speaking, that couldn't be seen when he was "blind"?

The only thing I can think of is that Paul was saying to the Corinthians that just because you can't physically see your salvation through Christ, you can still "see" in a spiritual sense through faith.

In John 9:39, Jesus had made the man born blind to see, and told him, "For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind." (NASB). But we are told to walk by faith and not by sight (2 Cor 5:7).
You have taken two little pieces of scripture out of their contexts and tried to harmonize them,
That's a bit like trying to harmonize a composition by Bach with something by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Go back and find out who Jesus was talking to and what He was talking about then see who Paul was talking to and what he was talking about.
They are two different groups and two different subjects.
Trying to fit them together can only result in confusion.

iakov the fool
(beaucoup dien cai dau)

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that, in any manner, may allegedly be related to the reader’s deliberate act by which he/she has knowingly allowed the above rantings to enter into his/her consciousness. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear about it. No sniveling! Enjoy the rest of your life here and the eternal one to come.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back