Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Mass As A Sacrifice

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

Solo

The Mass As A Sacrifice
(Contrasted With the Biblical Teaching on the Lord's Supper and Christ's Finished Work On the Cross)

Ex-Roman Catholic priest born again after 21 years of being a priest:
  • "Richard Bennett spent twenty-one years as a RC priest in Trinidad, WI. After a serious accident in 1972, he began to study seriously the Bible. After fourteen years of contrasting Catholicism to Biblical truth, he was convicted by the Gospel message. In 1986, he saw that justification is not being inwardly just as Rome taught, but being accepted in Christ. He was then saved by God's grace alone, and formally left the Roman Catholic Church and its priesthood. He has founded an evangelistic ministry to Catholics called "Berean Beacon." WebPage: http://www.bereanbeacon.org
Here Richard Bennett, a former Roman Catholic priest who is now a Protestant, takes an in-depth look at what Romanism teaches (from official and approved Papal sources) about the mass -- as it is considered by Rome as a continual sacrificing of Christ over and over again.

He also contrasts this will the biblical teaching related to the Lord's supper and Christ's one and final sacrifice which has already taken place and is never to be repeated.
  • 'Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself' (Hebrews 7:27).
Hear the audio at this site: http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.a ... 7220563954

As a Catholic I totally deny that the Mass is a sacrifice. And I believe that the doctrine of the Mass being a sacrifice is from the pit of Hell.

RobertMazar said:
As a Catholic I totally deny that the Mass is a sacrifice. And I believe that the doctrine of the Mass being a sacrifice is from the pit of Hell.
Are you concluding this and commenting before or after you have listened to the audio of Richard Bennett? As an Ex-Catholic priest he explains the Catholic teaching very well with a Scriptural assessment. He had been a Roman Catholic for 44 years, 14 of which he was a priest before he was born again.

Luke 24:13-35

On the Road to Emmaus

13Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles[a] from Jerusalem. 14They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. 15As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; 16but they were kept from recognizing him.
17He asked them, "What are you discussing together as you walk along?"

They stood still, their faces downcast. 18One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, "Are you only a visitor to Jerusalem and do not know the things that have happened there in these days?"

19"What things?" he asked.

"About Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. 22In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23but didn't find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see."

25He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?" 27And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

28As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus acted as if he were going farther. 29But they urged him strongly, "Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over." So he went in to stay with them.

30When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

33They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34and saying, "It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon." 35Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.

(Jesus was recognized by them when he broke bread.) So lets go back....Then Jesus goes back to the old testament and the passagess that refered to him (readings). Then he explained it...which is a (homily). After that in verse 29 they ask Jesus to stay with him. How does Jesus stay with them...by the breaking of the bread. You want to see him, you want to know him...how do you see him...in the bread. They came to know Jesus in the bread.

The early apostles devoted themselves to this.

Acts 2:42- they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

So why would it be wrong if Catholics do what the apostles set up for them???

No one, including the Roman Catholics, will ever see or enter the Kingdom of God, which has been at hand since Jesus began preaching the gospel of truth, until they repent (change their mind from self to the mind of God), believe the gospel of Jesus Christ, and follow Jesus.
  • 14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel. 16 Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. 17 And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men. 18 And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him. Mark 1:14-18
This is the equation of being born again, born of God.
  • 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:4-5
According to Jesus, unless a man is born of the flesh into the physical state of being, AND born of the Spirit into the spiritual state of being, one can not see or enter the Kingdom of God.

Until the "natural" man is born of God, he cannot know the spiritual things of God for they are foolishness to him. The "natural" man will continue to worship the created things of the world (graven images, bread, wine, Mary, Demons, etc.); while God demands the worship of all with no other gods taking His place.
  • 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:12-16
Those who make their argument without hearing a man of God declaring the truth are not to be followed. Do not reject or grieve the Holy Spirit.

Hear the audio concerning The Mass As A Sacrifice at http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.a ... 7220563954

No one, including the Roman Catholics, will ever see or enter the Kingdom of God, which has been at hand since Jesus began preaching the gospel of truth, until they repent (change their mind from self to the mind of God), believe the gospel of Jesus Christ, and follow Jesus.

How quick you are to judge Mr. Solo. I didn't know that Solo was the one who judged us in life, I thought it was God. I think that those Catholics who practice the faith and live a life in Christ are definitely worthy of heaven. You do know that the first pope of the church holds the keys to heaven.
Now you must realize that we do preach the gospel of the truth. Everything that we teach is what the apostles set up for us through Jesus. Never has it been about US. It's always about HIM. Of course we believe in the gospel...WE WROTE IT. I Say AMEN to the gospel.....however I disagree with some of those ignorant people who twist scripture to their own destruction. As Catholics...we do what Jesus wants us to do at Mass in remembrance of him. Now i understand that you can't quite grasp the concept of the real presence, and i could tell by your barbaric reply of eating a leg or arm. I am just amazed at how someone can point to the scripture that says it plain and clearly..and then you just disagree. Under what authority are you getting these interpretations??? I am getting mine from the church...the ONE, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. The one doctrinally consistent church that has been there since 33 A.D. Reading your responses really made me realize how some people have prejudices for "the church." With all do respect I will be "Christ" like and continue to pray for you...even if you call the Catholic Church the whore of Babylon 70 times 7 times.

2 Peter 3:16- speaking of this as he does in all his letters. There are some things in them hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures.

( Why do you think that there are 25,000 plus denomination...because they all teach something different...they all claim to have the infallable intrepretations)

2 Peter 1:20- Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation.

1 Timothy 1:3- remain at Ephesus that you may charge certain persons not to teach different doctrine.
(Doctrines different from what church...."the Catholic Church")

1 Timothy 4:1- Now the spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by giving heed to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.
(Sola Scriptura/ Sola Fide: Accepting Jesus is not a one night stand like in Sola Fide)

Ephesians 4:14- so that we may no longer be children, tossed back and forth and carried about with every wind of doctrine
(People get tossed back and forth with all the different inconsistent interpretations of the bible...and if you disagree...just get some people to follow you and you can start your own church)

Titus 1:9- He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
(So if someone wants to be Bishop in the early Catholic Church he must be able to refute those who oppose it)

I just wanted to throw those verses out there for you.

Apostolic_Believer said:
Under what authority are you getting these interpretations??? I am getting mine from the church...the ONE, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. The one doctrinally consistent church that has been there since 33 A.D. Reading your responses really made me realize how some people have prejudices for "the church." With all do respect I will be "Christ" like and continue to pray for you...even if you call the Catholic Church the whore of Babylon 70 times 7 times.
The authority that is over me is the Head of the Body of Christ Jesus, JESUS CHRIST, and the interpretation is that of the HOLY SPIRIT who dwells within me and all other born again believers. I have the mind of Christ according to the Scriptures; and this mind discerns the lies of the enemy of which the Roman Catholic "church" is.
  • 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:12-16
The Gospel the Roman Catholic "church" is not in line with the Gospel of JESUS CHRIST. The Gospel of Jesus Christ teaches that Salvation is through Faith in Christ Jesus, not through man's false religious system of idolotry and false teachings.
  • 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10
To those who are truly born again, and have left the Roman Catholic "church" or have never belonged, I commend you to non having fallen prey to the enemy. This commendation comes from the same spirit that inspired Paul in writing the following to the believers at Corinth:
  • 1 I wish that you would bear with me in a little foolishness; but indeed you are bearing with me. 2 For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin. 3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ. 4 For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully. 5 For I consider myself not in the least inferior to the most eminent apostles. 6 But even if I am unskilled in speech, yet I am not so in knowledge; in fact, in every way we have made this evident to you in all things. 7 Or did I commit a sin in humbling myself so that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you without charge? 8 I robbed other churches by taking wages from them to serve you; 9 and when I was present with you and was in need, I was not a burden to anyone; for when the brethren came from Macedonia they fully supplied my need, and in everything I kept myself from being a burden to you, and will continue to do so. 10 As the truth of Christ is in me, this boasting of mine will not be stopped in the regions of Achaia. 11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do! 12 But what I am doing I will continue to do, so that I may cut off opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the matter about which they are boasting. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds. 2 Corinthians 11:1-15

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:6-9

Solo said:
The authority that is over me is the Head of the Body of Christ Jesus, JESUS CHRIST, and the interpretation is that of the HOLY SPIRIT who dwells within me and all other born again believers. I have the mind of Christ according to the Scriptures; and this mind discerns the lies of the enemy of which the Roman Catholic "church" is

since you have Christs mind, what day will the world end? why do so many born again believers disagree with your personal doctrines since they have the mind of Christ too?why do you spread falsehoods about catholicism, Christ does not spread falsehoods.

think we're crazy ,think whatever you wan,t read into the bible what you want just try to be accurate about what others believe. thanks

There seems to be much confusion about authority. Let's look at Col. 2:15, which I believe talks about authority. After stripping the demonic powers of the authority that had been their's, Christ made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Paul's statement here refers to the fact that Christ was elevated above His enemies to the right hand of the Father, a subject that Paul writes in the Book of Ephesians. Paul is stressing the Father's work in the overthrow of sataniic powers and the defeat of Satan himself.

It is understood that Jesus Christ is the Supreme Head of the Church, but the church has failed to understand that the Head is totally dependent on the Body for carrying out His plans; that we are seated with Christ in heavenly places; and that His exercising authority over the powers of the air has to be through the Body.

Now we can understand as never before what Jesus meant when He said,...Whatever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven ( Matt. 18:18). That's using His authority upon the earth.

May God bless, Golfjack

Solo said:
The authority that is over me is the Head of the Body of Christ Jesus, JESUS CHRIST, and the interpretation is that of the HOLY SPIRIT who dwells within me and all other born again believers.

Perhaps you have missed all of those pages of Scriptures that talk about the Apostles leaving leaders in the churches they had established? Why did Paul leave Timothy and Titus as leaders IF the teachings of Christ was that each believer would answer only to "Christ"? It appears you are making the Bible say what you want so that you can believe what you want this week.

What exactly is the purpose of the community leaders in your mind?

francisdesales said:
Solo said:
The authority that is over me is the Head of the Body of Christ Jesus, JESUS CHRIST, and the interpretation is that of the HOLY SPIRIT who dwells within me and all other born again believers. [/quote

Perhaps you have missed all of those pages of Scriptures that talk about the Apostles leaving leaders in the churches they had established? Why did Paul leave Timothy and Titus as leaders IF the teachings of Christ was that each believer would answer only to "Christ"? It appears you are making the Bible say what you want so that you can believe what you want this week.

What exactly is the purpose of the community leaders in your mind?
How about some verses of Scripture instead of your typical banter, or do I have to call the pope for his opinion?

[quote="Solo]

How about some verses of Scripture instead of your typical banter, or do I have to call the pope for his opinion?[/quote]

Feel free to call the Pope, if that makes you more comfortable. However, IF you have read the Bible, you will be familiar with the numerous verses that talk about men placed in authority over others in the Christian community. I don't think there is a need to quote all of them, or even some of them, considering how many there are.

I will just steer you towards the Pastorals and you can take it from there...

Regards

francisdesales said:
Solo said:
How about some verses of Scripture instead of your typical banter, or do I have to call the pope for his opinion?

Feel free to call the Pope, if that makes you more comfortable. However, IF you have read the Bible, you will be familiar with the numerous verses that talk about men placed in authority over others in the Christian community. I don't think there is a need to quote all of them, or even some of them, considering how many there are.

I will just steer you towards the Pastorals and you can take it from there...

Regards
Another typical jog from the truth.

Apostolic_Believer said:
How quick you are to judge Mr. Solo. I didn't know that Solo was the one who judged us in life, I thought it was God.
If you were to read and study your bible, you will notice that we are to judge people by the same standard we want to be judged?

Apostolic_Believer said:
I think that those Catholics who practice the faith and live a life in Christ are definitely worthy of heaven.
Of course you believe this as it has been taught to you...problem is that works will NOT get you into heaven

Apostolic_Believer said:
You do know that the first pope of the church holds the keys to heaven.
Please provide book chapter and verse for this heresy.

The authority that is over me is the Head of the Body of Christ Jesus, JESUS CHRIST, and the interpretation is that of the HOLY SPIRIT who dwells within me and all other born again believers. I have the mind of Christ according to the Scriptures; and this mind discerns the lies of the enemy of which the Roman Catholic "church" is.

That is why we have 25,000 different protestant believers. Do you honestly think that Jesus would want there to be so many different “so called†Christian churches out there? I mean if I wanted to I could start me own church and claim that the Holy Spirit leads me and convince others to follow. If I wanted to I could start my own church and we can listen to 80’s music as we walk in and make people feel good if I want to. If you had the mind of Christ, you wouldn’t talk the way you do about the Catholic Church. You would be accepting, you would be loving, you wouldn’t be one to judge others. I have felt zero love from you man. I was hoping that these conversations would be productive, but they seem far from that.
I will you tell you, I have felt the holy spirit many times in my life. I have felt them when I wasn’t a catholic and I have most definitely felt them as a Catholic. I’m not trying to make you Catholic, but I’m trying to help you be not anti-catholic. When you act anti-catholic, you seem anti-Christian…and that’s just not right on any level. The feeling I get after taking in the bread and wine is amazing. The Holy Spirit feels my chest up and a lot of times I feel as if Jesus’ is holding me. Now I won’t deny that you have felt the Holy Spirit like I have explained. I’m just hoping that you will realize that your anti-catholic comments are very un-Christian.

To those who are truly born again, and have left the Roman Catholic "church" or have never belonged, I commend you to non having fallen prey to the enemy. This commendation comes from the same spirit that inspired Paul in writing the following to the believers at Corinth:

Once again, I will say AMEN to your verse, because of course the Catholic Church wrote the bible, butI have to disagree to your private “prophetic†interpretation of this passage.

Apostolic_Believer said:
Once again, I will say AMEN to your verse, because of course the Catholic Church wrote the bible, but I have to disagree to your private “prophetic†interpretation of this passage.

The Catholic Church WROTE the Bible? I guess you do not believe in the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?

Denominations are not 25,000 different "bodies of Christ" running around. Rather, denominations have formed as members of the Body of Christ have grouped themselves in similiar practice of the Christian faith.

For example, JG, Solo, and I (among others on here) believe in the Bible is God's infalliable Word writen by the Holy Spirit. And I am sure, we would agree on other tenets of the Christian faith.

However, we practice the Christian faith in various means - just as did the early disciples.

Solo said:
I have the mind of Christ according to the Scriptures; and this mind discerns the lies of the enemy....
I worry very much about this statement.

I worry that it represents a dangerously over-simplified view of the way that God imparts knowledge to his children - that He delivers pure truth directly to the minds of individual Christians. It would be nice to believe this, but I think that the data of life overwhelmingly shows us how dangerous this view can be. I am not sure I have correctly interpreted what Solo means, so I am not necessarily directing my response to him. Instead, I direct it to any and all who think that they can access God's truth without testing their beliefs against the "data of life" or who believe that we do not need to come to a knowledge of truth as a community, each person allowing the collective wisdom of the church to inform their interpretations of the scriptures.

The appeal of believing that the Holy Spirit delivers truth to our minds without need for "testing in the real world" is understandable. Life is easier for the person who comes to believe that he can short-circuit the work of getting his hands dirty in testing ideas in the real world and in leveraging from the wisdom of others. I admittedly have mixed feelings about the weight of authority that one should attribute to the "church". I do think that the church as a corporate body can fail - I think that the "church" is generally mistaken about the eternality of hell and on some other doctrines. Nevertheless, I would say that the path of wisdom involves looking to the world and to others as valuable check mechanisms on one's worldview.

I am convinced that God has designed the world so that the wisdom delivered to us in the Scriptures gains its real power when it is integrated with "what the world of experience" shows us as well as what others think. We are not islands of enlightenment - we are part of a bigger system and we need to have the appropriate humility to test our beliefs in the crucible of personal and collective experience. Despite sloganeering to the contrary, there is indeed much "interpretation" in reading the Scriptures. And that interpretation requires hard work and cooperation.

I am not sure precisely what "having the mind of Christ" means. However, I am pretty confident it does not mean that we need not critically examine and test the statements that we read in the Scriptures.

The Greek word, "νους", transliterated "Nous", with the phonetic spelling "nooce", is translated into the English word "mind". The definition of the Greek word "νους" is:
  • The mind, comprising alike the faculties of perceiving and understanding and those of feeling, judging, determining.

The intellectual faculty, the understanding.

Reason in the narrower sense, as the capacity for spiritual truth, the higher powers of the soul, the faculty of perceiving divine things, of recognising goodness and of hating evil.

The power of considering and judging soberly, calmly and impartially
    a particular mode of thinking and judging, i.e thoughts, feelings, purposes, desires.

The simple definition ot the masculine noun, "νους" is mind, understanding.
For who hath known the mind (νους) of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind (νους) of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16

Let us look at the 24 times that the Greek word "νους" is used in the New Testament (translated mind 21 times and understanding 3 times):
  • Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, Luke 24:45
    [/*:m:33ec1]
  • And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Romans 1:28
  • But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. Romans 7:23
  • I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. Romans 7:25
  • For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Romans 11:34
  • And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2
  • One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. Romans 14:5
  • Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:10
  • For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16
  • For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 1 Corinthians 14:14
  • What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. 1 Corinthians 14:15
  • Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue. 1 Corinthians 14:19
  • This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Ephesians 4:17
  • And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; Ephesians 4:23
  • And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7
  • Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, Colossians 2:18
  • That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 2 Thessalonians 2:3
  • Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 1 Timothy 6:5
  • Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 2 Timothy 3:8
  • Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. Titus 1:15
  • Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Revelation 13:18
  • And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. Revelation 17:9[/*:m:33ec1]
It appears that those who have the spiritual mind of Christ are those who have been born again, born of God; and those who have a carnal mind are those who have not been born again, born of God; therefore, those that have been born again, born of God have the mind of Christ.

Back