Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Mass As A Sacrifice

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
aLoneVoice said:
The Catholic Church WROTE the Bible? I guess you do not believe in the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?

I think he means that God inspired the writers to produce inerrant works, and these men were all part of what would be called the Catholic Church (in writing in 107 AD, likely much earlier once we understand that "Catholic" means "universal" - which was the final command of Jesus to the Apostles in Matthew's Gospel).

Also, the Catholic Church identified the Canon, the list of books that belong in the collection we now call "the Bible" (biblia is Greek for "books")

aLoneVoice said:
For example, JG, Solo, and I (among others on here) believe in the Bible is God's infalliable Word writen by the Holy Spirit. And I am sure, we would agree on other tenets of the Christian faith.

However, we practice the Christian faith in various means - just as did the early disciples.

Catholics also believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God - as long as we realize that it is God's INTENT that is important, contemplating on what God MEANT to be revealed by even the most difficult of passages. Some do not hold up well when we interpret them in the literal sense, and thus, in some cases, we must move to the spiritual sense of the Word.

As to practicing different "means" of the faith, I would venture to guess that the earliest churches had at LEAST a basic set of common beliefs. And one of them was the meaning of the one Loaf, the recognition of Christ in the breaking of the bread. The first Christians said that the Eucharist was our sign of UNITY. Thus, I would say that this is a serious issue, this disbelief in God's presence in the Eucharist, when it was so widely and universally believed by even the first Christians.

Regards

Folks
I have just deleted the last two post....Watch the ad homien attacks...
Attack the doctrine not the messenger....

If you were to read and study your bible, you will notice that we are to judge people by the same standard we want to be judged?

Isaiah 33:22- For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us.

I thought that the bible said for us not to judge.
Mathew 7:1- "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

John 12:48- There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.
How can you judge me on the standards you judge yourself? I realized that many of the protestants on here all have different ideas/ viewpoints or interpretations...meaning different things even the moderators. So you say that we have a wrong interpretation but you guys cant agree most of the time.
Of course you believe this as it has been taught to you...problem is that works will NOT get you into heaven
Amen, I agree with that...but you have to realize that we are judged according to our works. You have to realize though that we aren't just saved by faith alone.

James 2:24- You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

You do know that the first pope of the church holds the keys to heaven.
Please provide book chapter and verse for this heresy.

Catholics don't teach heresy, because we are the Church and the Holy Spirit is our guide and the gates of hell won't prevail over us.

Mathew 16:18- And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Isaiah 22:20-22- "In that day I will summon my servant, Eliakim son of Hilkiah. I will clothe him with your robe and fasten your sash around him and hand your authority over to him. He will be a father to those who live in Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

Back