Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Real Miracle

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Lovekr07

Verse of the day
Romans 6:5

For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.

Romans 6:5

Amen! Thank you, Jesus for Your resurrection power that is not at work in Your people. You are the strength and power of Your people. Amen!

'After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus. Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!” When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified. But Jesus came and touched them. “Get up,” he said. “Don’t be afraid.” When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus. As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.” The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?” Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.'

Matthew 17:1-13

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/MAT.17.1-13

Jesus was not being transformed into something that He was not. It was that more of His glory was being revealed. The real miracle is how He was able to hide His glory and walk among the peoples without looking like a bright light and people falling over dead. Jesus was rich in every way, but for our sakes became poor so that He could die for our sins and be resurrected to give us power over sin. He did not just die for us, but He lived for us as well. In fact, He made it possible for His glory to be in us as well. Basically, instead of keeping it all for Himself, He decided to make a way so that He could share it with us, too. Awesome. Thank You Jesus!!!

I also loved how the Father affirmed Jesus as the Messiah when Peter tried to equate Him with Moses and Elijah. God the Father’s voice came from the clouds in a way that invoked fear from the disciples as He validated Jesus to them. I firmly believe that just like the Father validated Jesus, He and Jesus will validate/affirm us if we need Him to.

Back