Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] The Rest Of Your Life

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Tony Hyman

I cant help but remember what Rick Warren suggests regarding the misconception of "Today is the first day of the rest of your life" he says you cant bank on a "rest of your life", because one should treat it as though it was your last, in expectation of the Saviour who might decide that this is well your last, if he sees fit.It is not something we can take for granted.I think climbing in you car and going to work or a normal Sunday drive or other daily routine ,which most of us take as a "given",assuming we will arrive at our destinations by default ,is not a reality; and I praise the Lord for saving my son a and his wife and baby boy's lives in this normal Sunday drive pile-up ,on the Highway yesterday .This is not a photo oportunity that I would be proud to cash in on , but a fact that our daily prayers to the Lord to place his caring hand over our loved ones, dose work if He deems fit.Thats my Son's grey pick-up piled above the rest in the photo not to serious nevertheless a write-off .There was a sudden gush of smoke which blinded everyone .Sadly also some fatalities and serious injuries involved , but fortunately my family were spared.This report is in Afrikaans, but the message is plain enough I think.:pray
http://www.beeld.com/nuus/2013-07-29-slag-n-slag-op-n4
Edit:Luke 12:25 "Who of you by worring can add a single hour to his life 26. Since you cannot do this very little thing , why do you worry about the rest. ...40. You also must be ready , because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."These verses cry out to me as sure as the sun sets and maybe rises the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Praise & thanks for our Lord's loving hand protecting your son & his family, Tony.

My kids were raised with the awareness to be prepared daily, in the event that day might be their last. It really is the only way to live this life, for we do not know when our final day will arrive.

Thank you for sharing this with us, Tony. My prayers for your family, and for the others involved in that horrifying pile-up.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back