Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth The Sevenfold Protection of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

iLOVE

“I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust: my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from my enemies.” —Psalm 18:1-3

Psalm 18 is a psalm of David. It is a psalm of thanksgiving regarding David’s deliverance by God from the hand of Saul. Every believer should live a life of thanksgiving regarding what the Lord has done for all who are believers. Though we all face difficulties, attacks of Satan, sickness, financial problems, and the common difficulties of life, still, the fact remains that we are saved and redeemed from the curse of sin; therefore, our lives should be lives of thanksgiving.

In verse 2, we find seven metaphors of titles, if you will, regarding seven attributes of God as it concerns God’s protection of His people. Seven is God’s number of completion and perfection. It speaks of the protection, deliverance, and victory provided by the Lord for every believer. Let’s now look at these seven metaphors.

Rock

The Lord is our rock, meaning that He is immovable. No matter what Satan tries to do to us, the Lord is our rock. The word rock is used 142 times in the Bible. The term or phrase, “the rock,” is more than just a word referring to a stone, pebble, or a rock found on the ground. It is used to describe Jesus Christ or God in general.

Some examples are as follows: Everlasting rock, God my rock, living stone, rock of Israel, rock of my refuge, rock of my salvation, rock of my strength, rock of offense, rock Who begot you, stone of Israel, and tested stone. As I stated earlier, this title speaks of God as an immovable force.

Fortress

The Lord is our “fortress,” meaning a place Satan cannot penetrate. In every situation of life, in every storm, and in every attack, the Lord is a fortress we can run to for safety.

Deliverer

The Lord is our “deliverer.” He is our deliverer due to what He did for us through the Cross. At Calvary, Jesus Christ overcame the power of Satan. To one and all who will believe, His death brought us deliverance over the world, the flesh, and the Devil.

Strength

The Lord is our “strength.” There is no strength in self, religion, works, or anything that originates with man. Isaiah 41:10 says: “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.” In every trial of faith, never forget that the Lord is your strength. We are weak, but He is strong.

Buckler

The Lord is our “buckler.” This word refers to a shield. Every day, Satan shoots his arrows of doubt, fear, and worry, but we must not forget that the Lord is our shield. In Bible days, the shield was worn on the left arm with the top half ending immediately under the right eye; therefore, the one holding the shield could see to fight.

Horn of my Salvation

“Horn of my salvation” refers to dominion. Never forget that the Lord has complete dominion over Satan and all of his evil spirits.

High Tower

“High tower” refers to a place of refuge for those weary in mind and spirit. The Holy Spirit used these metaphors or titles for a reason. Demon powers used Saul to try to destroy David; likewise, demon powers come strongly against every believer, especially those whom God has divinely called and anointed for His service. There is no way to defeat these enemies other than through the Lord. He then becomes all of these things we find listed in verse 2, if we will put our faith exclusively in the Lord and the victory He won at Calvary.

I Will Call Upon the Name of the Lord

This phrase actually says: “I will call upon the Lord, and do so continually.” He, and only He, will save me from my enemies. He is worthy to be praised, and praised continually.

Pastor Donnie Swaggart - JSM

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Satan will bring all sorts of things against our flesh even to death, but yet our spirit will always belong to the Lord as we have victory over this flesh.

1 Corinthians 12:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for as much as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back