Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Super Bowl Jesus Ad,'He Gets Us'.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The same entertainment venue (Super Bowl) that brought us Black Wokeness messages,Ice Spice trolling us with weird hand signals,Taylor Swift downing drinks,Travis Kelcey shoving his coach,while being verbally abusive towards him brought us a Jesus Ad 'He Gets Us'.The 'He Gets Us' movement is funded by Hobby Lobby,He Gets Us is focused on reaching younger people,there are internet articles confirming that.Younger People with less discernment and lesser knowledge of scripture maybe?????.'They' are trying usher in a New Age Christianity where Jesus is just a cool hippie dude that has no conviction.He also wont the Jesus that is coming back to deal out perfect justice towards the enemies of God.

And what else is new as none of us can stop the evil in this world, but to be a faithful servant of God and take His word out into the world to those who will have ears to hear as faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Mat 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I don't know much about your post, but the young are leaving all denominations.

We all know why.

Question is: what to do about it?
All we can do is be that light unto the nation and pray that ears will be opened to receive the word of God.

Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Mat 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

All we can do is be that light unto the nation and pray that ears will be opened to receive the word of God.

Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Mat 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Thanks D
I've often told myself the above.
Also that it's left up to the Holy Spirit.
But let me tell you, it's pretty discouraging to stand before 16 kids and 3 believe in God.
I spent 2 lessons on reasons for God's existence and just 2 of the kids said that MAYBE it made a difference. They're 12/13.

Atheism has really affected both the parents and children.

I don't know much about your post, but the young are leaving all denominations.

We all know why.

Question is: what to do about it?
So why are the young leaving the faith?,we attend a non-denominational church with quite a few young people attending.We are in Rust-Belt Ohio.

Thanks D
But let me tell you, it's pretty discouraging to stand before 16 kids and 3 believe in God.
I spent 2 lessons on reasons for God's existence and just 2 of the kids said that MAYBE it made a difference. They're 12/13.

Interesting.

So why are the young leaving the faith?,we attend a non-denominational church with quite a few young people attending.We are in Rust-Belt Ohio.
Funny. Never heard that.
The rust belt.

I believe the young are leaving the faith because of the insistance of atheists to remove God from everything. We ALMOST had a Christmas event, a few years ago, where the word Jesus could not be mentioned. Happily common sense won.

Also, the hard-hitting arguments of atheists in the past generation have convinced many luke warm Christians that maybe they're right and thus have raised children to "decide on their own" when at adult age. This was not addressed by our churches..

Some kids say they believe in science INSTEAD OF God. When I say they could believe in both, some are relieved. What's That all about? This must come from school and parents that either agree or don't have a reply. Not sure.

Anyway, that's how it seems to be to those that teach our faith.

Thanks D

Even some of the angels left their first estate and who would know God better than the angels He created. Jude 1:6.

It amazes me how much flak these commercials take...from Christians. Does no one take to heart what Jesus said?

Mark 9
38 “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us. 41 Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

It amazes me how much flak these commercials take...from Christians. Does no one take to heart what Jesus said?

Mark 9
38 “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us. 41 Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.
It amazes me how much flak Christians take,
From some commercials.

The same entertainment venue (Super Bowl) that brought us Black Wokeness messages,Ice Spice trolling us with weird hand signals,Taylor Swift downing drinks,Travis Kelcey shoving his coach,while being verbally abusive towards him brought us a Jesus Ad 'He Gets Us'.The 'He Gets Us' movement is funded by Hobby Lobby,He Gets Us is focused on reaching younger people,there are internet articles confirming that.Younger People with less discernment and lesser knowledge of scripture maybe?????.'They' are trying usher in a New Age Christianity where Jesus is just a cool hippie dude that has no conviction.He also wont the Jesus that is coming back to deal out perfect justice towards the enemies of God.
The commercials actually gave me hope that there is a remnant out there. People who understand who Jesus has come for truly.

And…

Secularization is the gradual and uneven process by which society begins to turn away from tradition family religion and towards “progress “ (“ because…who defines such?), science and more transactional relationships…
So one sees that now in the USA in particular the younger set is officially cutting off parents and turning to the helping professions….

Science is a tool for discovery not a belief system but in today’s society…

That’s not how it plays out. Ugh 😑 speaking as a Christian my big concern 🙁 is the lack of economic opportunities and the definite lack of upward mobility in many countries. Frustrated discontent youth with no hope for a future? Eek 😬

Yes.

If Christ is your model, they will see Christ in you.
I, personally, would never send my kids to someone else's school.
I don't know what someone else's school means.

I teach our faith to kids.
Being a model seems easy but they misbehave a lot and sometimes it becomes really bothersome.
But I do this because I feel I should - it's a way of witnessing.

As Christianity disappears in the generations, kids become little theists and are becoming more and more skeptic.
I spend the first 2 lessons with the 12 year olds just giving them reasons why God MUST exist. Never had to do this in the past.

And…

Secularization is the gradual and uneven process by which society begins to turn away from tradition family religion and towards “progress “ (“ because…who defines such?), science and more transactional relationships…
So one sees that now in the USA in particular the younger set is officially cutting off parents and turning to the helping professions….

Science is a tool for discovery not a belief system but in today’s society…

That’s not how it plays out. Ugh 😑 speaking as a Christian my big concern 🙁 is the lack of economic opportunities and the definite lack of upward mobility in many countries. Frustrated discontent youth with no hope for a future? Eek 😬
You hit the target!

Kids don't have as much hope as in my generation.
They're going to be worse off than their parents, not better off.

They're more skeptical about everything and everything has to be proven.
They don't just accept what is said. It's becoming more and more difficult to teach them anything and I wonder what gets through and if it's enough.

The theme is: Know God, Love God, Serve God.

But first you have to believe God exists....

Back