Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Unforgiveable Sin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

KJV
Mark 3:28-30 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

The "they" saying this, the "they" in danger of eternal damnation, are.....
3:22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth He out devils.

The scribes and Pharisees are those knowledgeable in the "letter of the Word," but not in the spirit. As those of that day accused Christ those of today accuse us. They deny the Spirit within us and cannot hear or see the spiritual understanding given by the Holy Spirit. They attribute our understanding to an unclean spirit.

KJV
Mark 3:28-30 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

3:22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth He out devils.
The scribes and Pharisees are those knowledgeable in the "letter of the Word," but not in the spirit. As those of that day accused Christ those of today accuse us. They deny the Spirit within us and cannot hear or see the spiritual understanding given by the Holy Spirit. They attribute our understanding to an unclean spirit.

The unforgivable sin:

You can reject God, he will forgive you as you can still hear the word through the Spirit and come to repentance.

You can reject Christ Jesus, he will forgive you as you can still hear the word through the Spirit and come to repentance.

You can reject the Holy Spirit, but if you do, there is nothing left to hear, no way to repentance... you cannot be forgiven...

It appears to me that the unforgivable sin can only be committed by a Christian. When you become a believer you have the Holy Spirit testifying within you that Jesus is the way. The moment you begin saying there is another way you begin blaspheming the Holy Spirit by calling Him a liar. This is broken down in Hebrews 6:4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mark 3:30 tells what the unforgavable sin is: "Because they said , He hath an unclean spirit." If the enemies of Jesus could succeed in convincing men that what Jesus said and did originated with an uncleans spirit ( or Satan ) Jesus' mission to earth would be vain.

KJV

They did reject the Message of Jesus. But it was the signs and wonders Jesus was doing that lead them to make the accusation that Jesus was doing them by the power of satan. They could not accept the message so they felt the need to attack the signs they where seeing. They accused the Holy Spirit of being a demon. That is what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.

And anyone who does that shall have no forgiveness in eternity.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

It appears to me that the unforgivable sin can only be committed by a Christian. When you become a believer you have the Holy Spirit testifying within you that Jesus is the way. The moment you begin saying there is another way you begin blaspheming the Holy Spirit by calling Him a liar. This is broken down in Hebrews 6:4.

In the scripture is was the Jewish scribes that committed the crime. At the time there where no Christians. One believe in demons to have the ability to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Many if not most of the worlds religions believe demons exist.

They accused Jesus not the Holy Spirit...and they were immediately forgiven by Jesus saying you CAN be forgiven of blaspheming the Son of God. Jesus later on asked the Father to forgive them for they know NOT what they do. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is something committed by a believer who knows EXACTLY what he is doing. Again..it is outlined in Hebrews 6:4.

They accused Jesus not the Holy Spirit...and they were immediately forgiven by Jesus saying you CAN be forgiven of blaspheming the Son of God. Jesus later on asked the Father to forgive them for they know NOT what they do. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is something committed by a believer who knows EXACTLY what he is doing. Again..it is outlined in Hebrews 6:4.

They said that Jesus was doing His signs by the power of a demon. They where identifying the Holy Spirit as a demon.

They pointed to the signs and who was causing them to be done. They made the accusation that the Holy Spirit was a demon and they shall never be forgiven for doing it, Ever.

The Jews eyes were closed long ago for the benefit of the gentiles by God himself. After the full number of gentiles are brought to christ then they too will be drafted in. So they are forgiven.

So then you are saying a non believer can say that Jesus did signs by the power of the devil and they are forever doomed with absolutely no hope?

So then you are saying a non believer can say that Jesus did signs by the power of the devil and they are forever doomed with absolutely no hope?

Hi icee,

I hope you don't mind me responding to you...a non-believer is doomed anyway. The unforgivable sin in the previous scripture quoted is in Mark 3:29-30.

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.
Mark 3:29-30 (KJV)

29 but whosoever shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit —There seems to be three grades or degrees of blasphemy.

(1) That against the Holy Spirit. This seems to be the greatest and the most dangerous.

(2) That against the Son. (Matt. 12:32.)

(3) That against God, the Father.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree to that. I'm saying that it is only a believer who can commit the unforgivable sin.

I agree to that. I'm saying that it is only a believer who can commit the unforgivable sin.

Yes, because if you do not believe you cannot commit the unforgivable sin.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2 Peter 2:21 (KJV)

The unforgivable sin:

You can reject God, he will forgive you as you can still hear the word through the Spirit and come to repentance.

If you reject God you cannot hear the Spirit nor would you come to repentance.

You can reject Christ Jesus, he will forgive you as you can still hear the word through the Spirit and come to repentance.

As Christ Jesus and the Father are One then to reject God is to reject Jesus and in doing that one would not hear the word through the Spirit.

John 10:30 I and My Father are One.

You can reject the Holy Spirit, but if you do, there is nothing left to hear, no way to repentance... you cannot be forgiven...

God is...Father, Son and Holy Spirit. To blaspheme the Holy Spirit isn't so much to reject Him but is to negate His actions...by attributing them to an unclean spirit.

As Adstar correctly pointed out...."They said that Jesus was doing His signs by the power of a demon. They where identifying the Holy Spirit as a demon."

In all three references to the unpardonable sin the context reveals Jesus was engaging with unbelievers. The language of Jesus in the context does not limit the possibility of committing this sin to either the believer or unbeliever.

In all three references to the unpardonable sin the context reveals Jesus was engaging with unbelievers. The language of Jesus in the context does not limit the possibility of committing this sin to either the believer or unbeliever.

According to Hebrews 6:4 it is in reference to a believer....name one unbeliever that meets the criteria in that and the following verses.

That is correct, but when you do believe you are held to a higher accountability, Referring to 2 Peter 2:21 For it were better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after knowing it, to turn back from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

It would have been better for them never to have known Christ and his teaching than, after having known it, to turn back from "the holy commandment" delivered to them The "holy commandment" was the moral law which Jesus taught, and which these teachers disregarded.

It would have been better for them never to have known the right way since with increased knowledge comes an increase of responsibility and consequently greater condemnation.

47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
Luke 12:47-48 (KJV)

I have not said that the believer is not helt to a higher degree of accountability. I have only said that both the believer and non-believer are subject to this sin.

If you reject God you cannot hear the Spirit nor would you come to repentance.

As Christ Jesus and the Father are One then to reject God is to reject Jesus and in doing that one would not hear the word through the Spirit.
John 10:30 I and My Father are One.
God is...Father, Son and Holy Spirit. To blaspheme the Holy Spirit isn't so much to reject Him but is to negate His actions...by attributing them to an unclean spirit.

As Adstar correctly pointed out...."They said that Jesus was doing His signs by the power of a demon. They where identifying the Holy Spirit as a demon."

Anyone can reject God or that He is, can reject Jesus, or that He is, but when they reject the Holy Spirit (the Gospel), there is no hope...

The Gospel (Holy Spirit) can change their minds bringing them to repentance, without Him all are lost!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back